The more I use the new card, the more I like it. It really does many things right. I just got the Foxtex TH900 and it does a great job with them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My first HIFI audio meldown Last post on 6/15/14 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HE-6 vs HD800 Last post on 6/10/14 at 2:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . - Page 106post #1576 of 291711/16/13 at 6:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1577 of 291711/16/13 at 8:26pmQuote:
How's the play on the pot with the TH-900 on that card?post #1578 of 291711/16/13 at 8:44pmpost #1579 of 291711/16/13 at 8:46pmThread Starter
Fine no noticeable problems. The graduations work well.post #1580 of 291711/16/13 at 9:02pm
OK thanks!post #1581 of 291711/17/13 at 11:11amThread Starter
Enjoying the heck out of the new card with the Fostex TH900. It drives them very well sounding open, dynamic and clean. Well controlled bass and depth. Nothing overwhelming just in the right balance.post #1582 of 291711/17/13 at 1:43pm
Just adding my 2 cents on the topic.
I fully agree with what have been so far by Jamato. I have tested the AK100 and AK120 for my french web-zine, and I used to love my HM-801 and my HM-601 very much. I also tried for a long time Colorfly C4 pro and CK4, and i also love my little Hisound audio Studio V despite its somewhat ****ty OS ;)
The HM-901, is the perfect partner for my earsonics IEM EM2 and EM6. It's slightly on the warm side, but incredibly 'musical'. It's able to bring life in everything you throw at it. Way beyond the slightly metallic and edgy souding of the AK100 and AK120 (though I love their UI and form factor).
The main weaknesses of the HM901 are :
- You could say that sometimes, for heavy styles of musics it's a bit too warm (speed metal for example)
- You could find that other DAP are more "Airy" and gives you a wider headroom
- The ergonomy is not that great and the UI is not sexy (but it works ... !)
- 9/10 hours of battery is fair but ... compared to iRivers ...
As a conclusion, this is a great DAP, with a splendid contrast, a beautiful tone, and a sense of musicality you'll be craving for.
Definitely a keeper for me if you can afford the 1000€ (for us in Europe :)
The complete test is there if you wanna have a peek.post #1583 of 291711/17/13 at 2:40pmpost #1584 of 291711/17/13 at 3:04pmThread StarterQuote:
If referring to what I wrote or the post right above you it is the new card that will be stock with the 901, a discrete card. I don't have an image of it. It is single ended and does a very good job conveying the music.post #1585 of 291711/17/13 at 7:25pm
From what I have read on Hifiman customer service posting on erji.net, I thought the Classic card is going to be the stock card for now?post #1586 of 291711/18/13 at 12:05ampost #1587 of 291711/18/13 at 5:59am
Absolutly, we used that nice "balanced card" designed for the HM-901. With balanced "mode" for RE-600, and "normal" mode for others headphones (to be clear we did not like the RE-600, that's why we did not mention it in our testing).
Regards.post #1588 of 291711/18/13 at 9:06pmThread Starterpost #1589 of 291711/18/13 at 11:44pm
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › MSB Analog DAC? (Review p3) 41 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 54 seconds ago
- › Tralucent DacAmp One - Introduction - Impressions Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG k242hd's + FiiO E10K? 4 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)