That's what it seems like!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on 9/10/14 at 11:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on Yesterday at 12:28 pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . - Page 105post #1561 of 295611/13/13 at 7:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1562 of 295611/13/13 at 7:30pm
[Mod Edit: Please don't be rude.] If I couldn't hear the difference, I would get my hearing checked for HF loss, and/or save my wallet a bundle of $$$
Yes, I own the 901 and it's immediate on every song, not night and day, but very obvious.
EDIT: Seriously, check yourself out here;post #1563 of 295611/13/13 at 7:35pmThread Starter
I don't hear any difference. I have good hearing and notice many thing but not with the switch. I am getting some Fostex 900's. Maybe then. ? :^)post #1564 of 295611/13/13 at 7:47pmQuote:
Take that listening test i linked above, I can hear 19khz (not sure about 20khz) and i get pain at 16khz. The "Vintage" definitely rolls off High Frequencies. My guess is that it starts rolling off around 15khz or earlier.post #1565 of 295611/13/13 at 8:02pmpost #1566 of 295611/13/13 at 8:07pmpost #1567 of 295611/13/13 at 8:10pmpost #1568 of 295611/13/13 at 8:12pmQuote:
If you can hear the frequency in isolation, but not in music, that means you need to train your ears. No biggie since you have the key ingredient - the ability to hear up there.post #1569 of 295611/13/13 at 8:48pm
Well, one thing I can say for sure is how good this thing sounds in the frequencies I can hear ;) I was without it for some time while waiting for Hifiman to send a replacement - forgot about the excellent sound quality. I really think it beats my other players - even the DX100.post #1570 of 295611/13/13 at 10:53pmHearing the difference on a hearing test and on music are two very different things...if most of the music you listen to does not go this high very often, you will not hear the difference. And BTW the way, you should get yourself tested for basic politeness....you failed in my book.post #1571 of 295611/13/13 at 11:12pm
another thing I dont like about the 901 is the design of side switches , especially the balance/SE switch...I usually put the 901 in my pocket and I always get nervous that the switch is accidentally changed..............................so i check it every 10 minutes........soon i will go crazy LoLpost #1572 of 295611/14/13 at 2:47amThe difference between the HD and Vintage is slight but its noticeable in the harmonics. Also depends of the FR of the headphones. As the the graph, that ClieOS post, shows the Vintage setting roll off the highs like the HM801 does, a characteristic that many people liked of that player. I basically use the HD setting except for some vinyl rips with the needle sound too notorious.
Edited by fermelom - 11/14/13 at 2:48ampost #1573 of 295611/14/13 at 3:17ampost #1574 of 295611/14/13 at 5:10ampost #1575 of 295611/15/13 at 5:37amQuote:Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost
another thing I dont like about the 901 is the design of side switches , especially the balance/SE switch...I usually put the 901 in my pocket and I always get nervous that the switch is accidentally changed..............................so i check it every 10 minutes........soon i will go crazy LoL
I worried about that when I first started using it but in almost 6mth usage I never had any accidental button/switch pressed.
I almost bought the new classic(stock) board but figured I would probably get the 802 and will get it with it anyway.
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 6 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 41 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 56 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 56 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 3 minutes ago
- › Best looking tube amp 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 4-45 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)