Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . - Page 102

post #1516 of 3043
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

Discrete!?! Tubes ;-)??

Transistor. I need to look at it better but it is already sound nice. It has metal can caps. I am liking the tonality and guitar comes through very, very nice! Good speed and attack with a nice decay to the sound. It has detail, that is for sure. 


Edited by jamato8 - 11/7/13 at 8:11pm
post #1517 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

I got a new board today. It is a single ended with no op amps. I am not sure of the output but very interesting looking. Letting it burn in now. 


Is it the DIY amp board that kkcc has ? Otherwise where does it come from ? Hifiman prototype?

post #1518 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

Transistor. I need to look at it better but it is already sound nice. It has metal can caps. I am liking the tonality and guitar comes through very, very nice! Good speed and attack with a nice decay to the sound. It has detail, that is for sure. 

Bet you they're  LME49990

:popcorn:

post #1519 of 3043
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post
 


Is it the DIY amp board that kkcc has ? Otherwise where does it come from ? Hifiman prototype?

Sorry, I should have been clearer. It is a new board from HiFiman. Not prototype. 

 

The new board is sounding really punching and neutral. I am liking it. 


Edited by jamato8 - 11/7/13 at 8:37pm
post #1520 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

Sorry, I should have been clearer. It is a new board from HiFiman. Not prototype. 

The new board is sounding really punching and neutral. I am liking it. 
What is the name of the board?
post #1521 of 3043
http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1557508

Some fit issues reported for the new "classic" card...
post #1522 of 3043
Oh Jamato you are talking about the new classic board, which replaces the standard board?
post #1523 of 3043

I would think this board would sound great being discrete with out OP amps. I want a tube board next please.

post #1524 of 3043
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Oh Jamato you are talking about the new classic board, which replaces the standard board?

Yes. It sounds totally different form the other stock board. This board could be the only one you would need! It sounds very good. Yes there is a little bit of a fit issue but they say this has already been corrected. 


Edited by jamato8 - 11/8/13 at 10:01pm
post #1525 of 3043
Would u happen to know the batrery life when using this new card?
post #1526 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

Yes. It sounds totally different form the other stock board. This board could be the only one you would need! It sounds very good. Yes there is a little bit of a fit issue but they say this has already been corrected. 
Thanks, plus one on the battery life questio. And two other questions if I may: how does it compare to other amp boards, for instance balanced? How is the volume? Is it better adapted to iems than the balanced board? Because at one third of the price of the balanced board, it could prove an awesome deal.
post #1527 of 3043
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

Would u happen to know the batrery life when using this new card?

No idea yet. I also got a new battery. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Thanks, plus one on the battery life questio. And two other questions if I may: how does it compare to other amp boards, for instance balanced? How is the volume? Is it better adapted to iems than the balanced board? Because at one third of the price of the balanced board, it could prove an awesome deal.

I don't know. I haven't had a chance to use it with my IEM's. It is a strong sounding card, if that makes any sense. Also, I need to burn it in more to give a real impression of sound. It is important to me to give an honest impression and so I want to let it burn in more and test it with different phones and IEM's. 

post #1528 of 3043
I just received the NAD HP50 phones and they sound great with the 901. The cable has TRRS on both ends. Does this mean it will give yo ya balanced signal?
post #1529 of 3043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm48324 View Post

I just received the NAD HP50 phones and they sound great with the 901. The cable has TRRS on both ends. Does this mean it will give yo ya balanced signal?
I think that signal is for remote control your iphones...n may require mod for balance
post #1530 of 3043
No the other cable is for the phone this one is just a straight piece
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. .