The more I use the new card, the more I like it. It really does many things right. I just got the Foxtex TH900 and it does a great job with them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. . . - Page 106post #1576 of 330611/16/13 at 6:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1577 of 330611/16/13 at 8:26pmQuote:
How's the play on the pot with the TH-900 on that card?post #1578 of 330611/16/13 at 8:44pmpost #1579 of 330611/16/13 at 8:46pmThread Starterpost #1580 of 330611/16/13 at 9:02pm
OK thanks!post #1581 of 330611/17/13 at 11:11amThread Starter
Enjoying the heck out of the new card with the Fostex TH900. It drives them very well sounding open, dynamic and clean. Well controlled bass and depth. Nothing overwhelming just in the right balance.post #1582 of 330611/17/13 at 1:43pm
Just adding my 2 cents on the topic.
I fully agree with what have been so far by Jamato. I have tested the AK100 and AK120 for my french web-zine, and I used to love my HM-801 and my HM-601 very much. I also tried for a long time Colorfly C4 pro and CK4, and i also love my little Hisound audio Studio V despite its somewhat ****ty OS ;)
The HM-901, is the perfect partner for my earsonics IEM EM2 and EM6. It's slightly on the warm side, but incredibly 'musical'. It's able to bring life in everything you throw at it. Way beyond the slightly metallic and edgy souding of the AK100 and AK120 (though I love their UI and form factor).
The main weaknesses of the HM901 are :
- You could say that sometimes, for heavy styles of musics it's a bit too warm (speed metal for example)
- You could find that other DAP are more "Airy" and gives you a wider headroom
- The ergonomy is not that great and the UI is not sexy (but it works ... !)
- 9/10 hours of battery is fair but ... compared to iRivers ...
As a conclusion, this is a great DAP, with a splendid contrast, a beautiful tone, and a sense of musicality you'll be craving for.
Definitely a keeper for me if you can afford the 1000€ (for us in Europe :)
The complete test is there if you wanna have a peek.post #1583 of 330611/17/13 at 2:40pmpost #1584 of 330611/17/13 at 3:04pmThread StarterQuote:
If referring to what I wrote or the post right above you it is the new card that will be stock with the 901, a discrete card. I don't have an image of it. It is single ended and does a very good job conveying the music.post #1585 of 330611/17/13 at 7:25pm
From what I have read on Hifiman customer service posting on erji.net, I thought the Classic card is going to be the stock card for now?post #1586 of 330611/18/13 at 12:05ampost #1587 of 330611/18/13 at 5:59am
Absolutly, we used that nice "balanced card" designed for the HM-901. With balanced "mode" for RE-600, and "normal" mode for others headphones (to be clear we did not like the RE-600, that's why we did not mention it in our testing).
Regards.post #1588 of 330611/18/13 at 9:06pmThread Starterpost #1589 of 330611/18/13 at 11:44pm
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. . .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 4 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 46 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › My Very Simple Denon D600 Mod 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 or Mrspeakers Alpha Dog 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2