or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW . - Page 44

post #646 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

 

 

Yes.. Standard amp is 1x AD8397.  Balanced amp is 4x opa627 + 4x buf634 (and I'm assuming if used in SE mode, 2x of each).  The minibox amp is using 3x 627/634.  

 

I've said earlier it's entirely a marketing flop to call these two cards Standard board vs Balanced board giving the impression the latter is just a balanced version of the first....  I would have named them sth along the lines of "Super Energy Efficient Go Green 12hrs non-stop music board", and "Hi-End Premium Uber Head Blown Board with Balanced".  very_evil_smiley.gif

So standart board will provide 12 hours of music with c/iems?

 

When Dr. Fang will notice some Europeans are actually following his products but it is pain to get them in here especially with official European prices.

 

There is one German online shop, I think that website takes preorders but nobody mentions the availability of different amp boards and their prices of course.

 

Dr. Fang, in my view, you are one of the crazy scientist (in a good way, not insult) but I really wish you could pay attention to rest of the world too not just Asia.

post #647 of 3412
Audiophile demography is really really small almost to non existent in Europe. Asia has a huge audiophile community. Take jaben for instance, they are everywhere in Asia. And also tax in EU kills every new opportunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

So standart board will provide 12 hours of music with c/iems?

When Dr. Fang will notice some Europeans are actually following his products but it is pain to get them in here especially with official European prices.

There is one German online shop, I think that website takes preorders but nobody mentions the availability of different amp boards and their prices of course.

Dr. Fang, in my view, you are one of the crazy scientist (in a good way, not insult) but I really wish you could pay attention to rest of the world too not just Asia.
post #648 of 3412

Am enjoying both amp cards. love the balance amp, miss the "power" sounding standard amp card. miss the "surreal sounding" balance amp card, love the "power" in standard amp card. L3000.gif

 

Am quite going bonkers at the moment. tongue.gif

post #649 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

Audiophile demography is really really small almost to non existent in Europe. Asia has a huge audiophile community. Take jaben for instance, they are everywhere in Asia. And also tax in EU kills every new opportunity.

 

How the others are doing it then?

 

Just look at that example, Unique Melody. Okay they don't do daps but they are making their ciems in China. They are sending it to the UK first and then from UK to rest of Europe. So we don't have to deal with stupid customs and all. Also check their prices, Miracles for example. 950 dollars or something in the States, in Eu 750 euros. So if you want to do it, it is possible. Why Hifiman doesn't do that? Because the community is so small so we are not worth it?

 

They lose customers man, from the first time I heard about this dap, I was darn interested. I was thinking about buying 2 amp boards for different life styles (1 for on to go and 1 for home). Now I see preorder price is 1250 euros or something in here. AK120 is 1300 euros in here. Okay they are extremely different daps but if I can go to 1250 euro level, I would buy AK120.

post #650 of 3412
Buy from China. Let one your friend ship it to you to avoid tax. You'll get it much cheaper than buying through EU online shop.

UM UK has nothing to do with UM China. They are 2 different company. Somehow UM UK manage to get a decent price deal with UM China. So what they are doing is just a forwarding service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

How the others are doing it then?

Just look at that example, Unique Melody. Okay they don't do daps but they are making their ciems in China. They are sending it to the UK first and then from UK to rest of Europe. So we don't have to deal with stupid customs and all. Also check their prices, Miracles for example. 950 dollars or something in the States, in Eu 750 euros. So if you want to do it, it is possible. Why Hifiman doesn't do that? Because the community is so small so we are not worth it?

They lose customers man, from the first time I heard about this dap, I was darn interested. I was thinking about buying 2 amp boards for different life styles (1 for on to go and 1 for home). Now I see preorder price is 1250 euros or something in here. AK120 is 1300 euros in here. Okay they are extremely different daps but if I can go to 1250 euro level, I would buy AK120.

Edited by Jazzyfi - 7/14/13 at 3:11am
post #651 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

Buy from China. Let one your friend ship it to you to avoid tax. You'll get it much cheaper than buying through EU online shop.

I don't have any friends in whole Asia. I guess I have to look for other solutions.

post #652 of 3412
Head-Fi is a good place to make friends wink.gif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

I don't have any friends in whole Asia. I guess I have to look for other solutions.
post #653 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

So standart board will provide 12 hours of music with c/iems?

 

 

Getting over 10+ hours (on standard amp) on the initial charge that came with the package.

 

Getting just over 6+ hours (on balanced amp) on the 1st charge after initial charge drain.

post #654 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

Head-Fi is a good place to make friends wink.gif.

We will see, for the moment I am not sure somebody would help me happy_face1.gif Anyway it is not urgent my first objective is getting a high end c/iem then the dap. I have to time to 'make friends'.

post #655 of 3412

Just upgraded the firmware to 1.080 Beta. I've only tried a couple songs but so far gapless support is PERFECT. It also fixes some other smaller annoying issues (such as songs not listed in alphabetical order in the file browser).

 

So far so good happy_face1.gif

post #656 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post

Just upgraded the firmware to 1.080 Beta. I've only tried a couple songs but so far gapless support is PERFECT. It also fixes some other smaller annoying issues (such as songs not listed in alphabetical order in the file browser).

So far so good happy_face1.gif

Very tempting. Any sonic change with the new firmware? I noticed in the machine version it is separated in kernel version and UI version, did 1.80beta changes both or just the UI version? Thanks!
post #657 of 3412

I have no idea what the previous kernel version was but now it says "Kernel version 2.9" and "UI Version 1.080 Beta". 

 

Someone over erji claimed to have heard some difference but I am not so sure. It is definitely not worse than 1.074 though biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post




Very tempting. Any sonic change with the new firmware? I noticed in the machine version it is separated in kernel version and UI version, did 1.80beta changes both or just the UI version? Thanks!

 

I have to take back what I said about the ordering of songs. After copying more songs to my SD card, the ordering is screwed up again...not sure what's wrong....hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post

Just upgraded the firmware to 1.080 Beta. I've only tried a couple songs but so far gapless support is PERFECT. It also fixes some other smaller annoying issues (such as songs not listed in alphabetical order in the file browser).

 

So far so good happy_face1.gif

 

post #658 of 3412

annoying thing is until now I still could not find anything indicating when this is gonna be available in Australia.

 

Well, the delayed release in AU actually prevented me from being precipitate which I always am. Having done a lot of research both in Chinese and English forums regarding this unit, I found out that the original amp card is no good at all, but adding the balanced card will make the total price the same as AK120. Although a lot reviews reckon it does sound better than ak120 in terms of sound stage and texture, taking its numerous UI bugs and design flaws into account, it could be a bit of pain to actually own a 901. 

 

the biggest bug concerns me is the missing a few seconds at the beginning/end of each song. this would be disastrous for listening to classical concert. 

 

To be honest I actually partial to the look of 901 over ak120.


Edited by gzeminem - 7/15/13 at 7:19am
post #659 of 3412
I have followed this and the two other 901 threads closely since they started, and I can't recognize fully what you have concluded.

However, I will let those who already got their units comment on the alleged bugs etc.

You can order from Moon Audio if you want BTW.
Edited by LarsHP - 7/15/13 at 7:06am
post #660 of 3412

Will Moon Audio also provide other amp boards? I think they ship with standart one but what if I am dieing for balanced or minibox? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .