I have been listening to Alison Krauss, Forget About It. Great open detailed sound. Very natural and flowing in the presentation.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW . - Page 5post #61 of 33484/17/13 at 10:28pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 33484/18/13 at 7:26amIf you get a chance download her latest album in 24/96 from HD tracks. I am a huge AKUS fan and have all the albums both solo and AKUS. I have back to backed the 24/96 vs WAV ripped from CD and there is a touch more air and delicacy I feel to the 24/96 version.. I just wish going on this experience they would bring all her albums out in that format now.post #63 of 33484/18/13 at 10:33amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
If you get a chance download her latest album in 24/96 from HD tracks. I am a huge AKUS fan and have all the albums both solo and AKUS. I have back to backed the 24/96 vs WAV ripped from CD and there is a touch more air and delicacy I feel to the 24/96 version.. I just wish going on this experience they would bring all her albums out in that format now.
Will do! Looking forward. Downloading.
Edited by jamato8 - 4/18/13 at 10:45ampost #64 of 33484/18/13 at 2:24pmpost #65 of 33484/18/13 at 2:41pmThread StarterQuote:
I have them both and listening to the Alison Kraus right now. It's all good!post #66 of 33484/18/13 at 3:00pmpost #67 of 33484/18/13 at 4:23pmpost #68 of 33484/18/13 at 4:28pmThread StarterQuote:
I don't think they are available yet. Soon, from what I understand.post #69 of 33484/19/13 at 7:41ampost #70 of 33484/21/13 at 12:35pmThread Starter
Playing around with the 901. You can use an outboard amp but with the different amp boards, for but all an extremely hungry phones, there may be no real need for an external amp. Even the single ended board, with the 8397 chip does a fine job. I will be curious to see how the balanced board does. I should be hearing it in the not too distant future.post #71 of 33485/7/13 at 3:52pmpost #72 of 33485/7/13 at 7:39pmpost #73 of 33485/7/13 at 7:52pmQuote:
this is kinda making people buy the ak100 insteadpost #74 of 33485/7/13 at 8:52pmI agree, whilst it is worth the wait if it is sorting out issues (though no one who has them seems to have any) I do think a bit of communication as to launch date would be nice. If there are changes being made I wonder what the difference between the beta (for want of a better word that is what the first batch seem to be) over the full production version?
They are active on Headfi, it would make sense if they gave an update here.post #75 of 33485/17/13 at 11:27amQuote:And the balanced amp board sounds good ... ?Originally Posted by jamato8
Playing around with the 901. You can use an outboard amp but with the different amp boards, for but all an extremely hungry phones, there may be no real need for an external amp. Even the single ended board, with the 8397 chip does a fine job. I will be curious to see how the balanced board does. I should be hearing it in the not too distant future.
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 37 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 38 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › The Woo Audio 2 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 4 minutes ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › standalone hifi dap vs phone/PC+amp/dac 5 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2