or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW . - Page 36

post #526 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post

I had the Minibox E+ amp couple years ago and if it's the same as the Minibox Card (I think someone said it was) then it's probably not a good match for low impedance IEMs. The E+ was designed for the er4s in mind (and the er4p w/ the 75ohm adapter).

 

The balance card would be a better choice even for single-ended IEMs, IMO.

Thanks for that...I will avoid it since I have mostly low impedance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

You don't need balanced cables / headphones to enjoy the better SQ of the Balanced amp.

It's reported to be better sounding (than Std.) even when used single ended.

Also, it has less than 1 Ohm output impedance which will make it work perfect even with low impedance multi BA IEMs.

I know I will not NEED to, but I will be sooooooo tempted to :)

post #527 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

I know I will not NEED to, but I will be sooooooo tempted to :)

Solder TRRS plugs on your cables then - or get a friend who can solder do it ...

post #528 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Thanks for that...I will avoid it since I have mostly low impedance.
I know I will not NEED to, but I will be sooooooo tempted to smily_headphones1.gif

Just don't demo any balanced cable and you will be fine. biggrin.gif Really since you are in Shanghai you should just find time to demo these amp cards yourselves!
post #529 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post



Just don't demo any balanced cable and you will be fine. biggrin.gif Really since you are in Shanghai you should just find time to demo these amp cards yourselves!
So far, since most units avalaible are pre ordered, most shops do not have a demo...
post #530 of 3412
Back in the game...

post #531 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Back in the game...

 

Congratz Anakchan!  Which amp board this time around?  Still the Balanced board or the Minibox board?  

 

Moar pictures pleeeasee!  Wanna see if the export version is any different than what I got from China.

 

beerchug.gif

post #532 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Congratz Anakchan!  Which amp board this time around?  Still the Balanced board or the Minibox board?  

Moar pictures pleeeasee!  Wanna see if the export version is any different than what I got from China.

beerchug.gif
High end balanced. That's all twctokyo is bringing in from Hifiman.

Err, I think it looks the same as the one I bought last month & subsequently sold to Spkrs01.

Are there any differences in Japan & non-Japan HM-901? I'll whip out the macro lens later.
post #533 of 3412

Hope your scroll wheel stays very_evil_smiley.gif

 

j/k....of course

 

Which firmware is it?

post #534 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Back in the game...

 

 

Did they stick that label on the rear of the mailing box or was there an outside covering that you've removed for the photo?

post #535 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

High end balanced. That's all twctokyo is bringing in from Hifiman.


Err, I think it looks the same as the one I bought last month

High end balanced is the same Balanced Amp board then... good decision on twctokyo's part as this is a much more enticing proposition than the standard one.

The reason I was asking for difference is that for one, the carton box in your pics is already way nicer than the one mine came in... 


Edited by kkcc - 7/9/13 at 4:26am
post #536 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


High end balanced is the same Balanced Amp board then... good decision on twctokyo's part as this is a much more enticing proposition than the standard one.

The reason I was asking for difference is that for one, the carton box in your pics is already way nicer than the one mine came in... 

 

Wow, that's like a carton of clothes for donation. Well, I'm pretty sure twctokyo repackages before they distribute. A box like that is undoubtedly unacceptable in Japan - even for 2nd hand from a store. You may get that from a private auction on Yahoo.

 

Kinda weird that they decided to opt only a subset of Hifiman's offerings.

 

Anyway, now gotta wait for my balanced Uber to come back from Russia.

post #537 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

High end balanced is the same Balanced Amp board then... good decision on twctokyo's part as this is a much more enticing proposition than the standard one.

The reason I was asking for difference is that for one, the carton box in your pics is already way nicer than the one mine came in... 

yours looks like it contains drugs...in a way it does
post #538 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


High end balanced. That's all twctokyo is bringing in from Hifiman.

Err, I think it looks the same as the one I bought last month & subsequently sold to Spkrs01.

Are there any differences in Japan & non-Japan HM-901? I'll whip out the macro lens later.

Unboxing vid?

post #539 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Room40 View Post

Unboxing vid?

 

I was gonna say if you flick through very quickly the photos of my 1st buy of the HM-901 from a month back, it'll be like a video - but you have to flick through at 30fps ;-).

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/656138/hifiman-hm-901-a-review-in-progress-factory-visit-starting-pg-18-imgs-pg-19/165#post_9507987

post #540 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

I was gonna say if you flick through very quickly the photos of my 1st buy of the HM-901 from a month back, it'll be like a video - but you have to flick through at 30fps ;-).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/656138/hifiman-hm-901-a-review-in-progress-factory-visit-starting-pg-18-imgs-pg-19/165#. post_9507987

I got the same presentation box as your last unboxing photos but is curious to see it inside the carton box as well as if you get different sets of LOD cables as I heard they are sending different ones with recent batches...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .