or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW . - Page 137

post #2041 of 3412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

jamato, sell us some... I use HICON from UK and my DIY friend said it should not be magnetic....but now I am worried

I use a very strong magnet that I keep around just to test. I only have a couple left and have no source now. If I was in Tucson, AZ and they had any I would be glad to. They may be old stock that no longer exists, I don't know. 

post #2042 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

I use a very strong magnet that I keep around just to test. I only have a couple left and have no source now. If I was in Tucson, AZ and they had any I would be glad to. They may be old stock that no longer exists, I don't know. 


Got it, thanks... if you happen to be around that area, see if you can source some... thanks

post #2043 of 3412
Thread Starter 

I emailed them and included the image to see if they still have any. But remember, you have to cut off the steel collar. 

post #2044 of 3412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

jamato, sell us some... I use HICON from UK and my DIY friend said it should not be magnetic....but now I am worried

maybe they aren't. Easy to find out. If they aren't let us know. 

post #2045 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

maybe they aren't. Easy to find out. If they aren't let us know. 


yah, let me find out later. thanks

post #2046 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

jamato, sell us some... I use HICON from UK and my DIY friend said it should not be magnetic....but now I am worried

 

www.sommercable.com  /  info@sommercable.com


Edited by burtomr - 1/29/14 at 12:52am
post #2047 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

 

Here it is:

 

No gold but no magnetism either. 

 

Maybe this ?   No Steel - All brass

          

P/N: 171-6435-EX       Link

post #2048 of 3412

Not sure if you guys have seen these but Moon Audio sells their own TRRS plug. You will have to ask drew if they are non-magnetic though as the description doesn't specify. 

 

http://www.moon-audio.com/moon-audio-3-5mm-trrs-4-conductor-low-profile-all-metal-audio-video-connector.html

post #2049 of 3412

I found that my new 901 (old one replaced by Hifiman early Jan.) w/ balanced card hisses badly with sensitive IEMs, even when no music is playing. It was dead silent with my old 901 and the same balanced card. Will send it back to HFM after CNY :mad:

post #2050 of 3412
Sorry to hear that, Pekingduck. I have always found their customer service excellent. Avery's recent experience also attests to that. Hope things work out soon.
post #2051 of 3412

It's been a disaster, actually; my external charging dock stopped working 2 weeks ago and at the same time, I noticed a bulging on the enclosure of the charger, possibly due to overheating (the charging is still working, though); and on top of that my classic card occasionally produces a high pitch screeching sound. After the holidays I'll have to send everything back lol.

 

But I do agree that their customer service is top notch.

post #2052 of 3412
Never mind. Character building. And hopefully they'll send you new pieces. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2053 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post

It's been a disaster, actually; my external charging dock stopped working 2 weeks ago and at the same time, I noticed a bulging on the enclosure of the charger, possibly due to overheating (the charging is still working, though); and on top of that my classic card occasionally produces a high pitch screeching sound. After the holidays I'll have to send everything back lol.

But I do agree that their customer service is top notch.
well I will give you your X5 back first smily_headphones1.gif Do you have the updated battery?
post #2054 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


well I will give you your X5 back first smily_headphones1.gif Do you have the updated battery?

Yeah I do have the updated battery.

Will PM you when I want the X5 back :cool:

post #2055 of 3412
Fang wrote a really good post on Erji that talked about his DAPs and how they are planning to release more amp cards in the future...expect more fun ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .