The more I use the new card, the more I like it. It really does many things right. I just got the Foxtex TH900 and it does a great job with them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 12/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW . - Page 106post #1576 of 341111/16/13 at 6:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1577 of 341111/16/13 at 8:26pmQuote:
How's the play on the pot with the TH-900 on that card?post #1578 of 341111/16/13 at 8:44pmpost #1579 of 341111/16/13 at 8:46pmThread Starterpost #1580 of 341111/16/13 at 9:02pm
OK thanks!post #1581 of 341111/17/13 at 11:11amThread Starter
Enjoying the heck out of the new card with the Fostex TH900. It drives them very well sounding open, dynamic and clean. Well controlled bass and depth. Nothing overwhelming just in the right balance.post #1582 of 341111/17/13 at 1:43pm
Just adding my 2 cents on the topic.
I fully agree with what have been so far by Jamato. I have tested the AK100 and AK120 for my french web-zine, and I used to love my HM-801 and my HM-601 very much. I also tried for a long time Colorfly C4 pro and CK4, and i also love my little Hisound audio Studio V despite its somewhat ****ty OS ;)
The HM-901, is the perfect partner for my earsonics IEM EM2 and EM6. It's slightly on the warm side, but incredibly 'musical'. It's able to bring life in everything you throw at it. Way beyond the slightly metallic and edgy souding of the AK100 and AK120 (though I love their UI and form factor).
The main weaknesses of the HM901 are :
- You could say that sometimes, for heavy styles of musics it's a bit too warm (speed metal for example)
- You could find that other DAP are more "Airy" and gives you a wider headroom
- The ergonomy is not that great and the UI is not sexy (but it works ... !)
- 9/10 hours of battery is fair but ... compared to iRivers ...
As a conclusion, this is a great DAP, with a splendid contrast, a beautiful tone, and a sense of musicality you'll be craving for.
Definitely a keeper for me if you can afford the 1000€ (for us in Europe :)
The complete test is there if you wanna have a peek.post #1583 of 341111/17/13 at 2:40pmpost #1584 of 341111/17/13 at 3:04pmThread StarterQuote:
If referring to what I wrote or the post right above you it is the new card that will be stock with the 901, a discrete card. I don't have an image of it. It is single ended and does a very good job conveying the music.post #1585 of 341111/17/13 at 7:25pm
From what I have read on Hifiman customer service posting on erji.net, I thought the Classic card is going to be the stock card for now?post #1586 of 341111/18/13 at 12:05ampost #1587 of 341111/18/13 at 5:59am
Absolutly, we used that nice "balanced card" designed for the HM-901. With balanced "mode" for RE-600, and "normal" mode for others headphones (to be clear we did not like the RE-600, that's why we did not mention it in our testing).
Regards.post #1588 of 341111/18/13 at 9:06pmThread Starterpost #1589 of 341111/18/13 at 11:44pm
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 seconds ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 54 seconds ago
- › oBravo Planar Magnetic Earphones Land in UK 2 minutes ago
- › The Somic Thread--50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of... 2 minutes ago
- › What will the new DX200 look like? Dec 23, new images on page 1. 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced! 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 6 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 9 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 9 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 10 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...