or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW . - Page 101

post #1501 of 3412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Has anyone gathered info on a rough release date of the 901 dock yet by chance? My understanding right now is sometime in 2014...

:popcorn: 

Email Hifiman. 

post #1502 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermelom View Post

Hi guys! The new firmware makes my hm901 reboot endlessly while cue support is on. Anyones with the same issue? However, turning off the cue support it works fine.

Same issue.
post #1503 of 3412
Thread Starter 

 

 

Low profile TRRS to Hirose balanced connector. 


Edited by jamato8 - 11/3/13 at 10:57am
post #1504 of 3412

Not bad. ;)

L-shaped TRRS jack are incredibly hard to source.

post #1505 of 3412
post #1506 of 3412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post
 

Not bad. ;)

L-shaped TRRS jack are incredibly hard to source.

The reason it is L shaped is because I use the bare TRRS plug and come off at a right angle and then use shrink wrap. Very light, and very compact. 

post #1507 of 3412
I have a nood question...
Reecently, i bought a pair of used beyer dt1350 (moon audio mod silver dragon cable) with normal 1/8" connector..
1. Is it possible to reterminare using trrs connector? Does it require taking the phones apart? Just trying to assess the risk...
2. I only have balance card, do you think reterminate will imporve sq?
Or i shouls just buy minibox card to pair with dt1350 so that i dont need to reterminate cable......

Decision decision...
post #1508 of 3412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

I have a nood question...
Reecently, i bought a pair of used beyer dt1350 (moon audio mod silver dragon cable) with normal 1/8" connector..
1. Is it possible to reterminare using trrs connector? Does it require taking the phones apart? Just trying to assess the risk...
2. I only have balance card, do you think reterminate will imporve sq?
Or i shouls just buy minibox card to pair with dt1350 so that i dont need to reterminate cable......

Decision decision...

I like the balanced card the most. I would assume that you could reterminate to TRRS but you will need to have 2 wires from each channel and then terminate correctly for the TRRS. Tip is L+, next is R+ then L- then R-. You could then make an adapter to make your phones single ended if you want to use them with a single ended amp. 

post #1509 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I like the balanced card the most. I would assume that you could reterminate to TRRS but you will need to have 2 wires from each channel and then terminate correctly for the TRRS. Tip is L+, next is R+ then L- then R-. You could then make an adapter to make your phones single ended if you want to use them with a single ended amp. 
Thanks! So if reterminating is possible, you would recommend to do so?
I have some adapters already.. I guess it makes sense to go balance first...
post #1510 of 3412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post


Thanks! So if reterminating is possible, you would recommend to do so?
I have some adapters already.. I guess it makes sense to go balance first...

I prefer the balanced mode. And if you have it, I would use it. IMO

post #1511 of 3412

That is also the ONLY ONE I could find. Call me vain but I am not having that at the end of my upmarket cable for my S-EM6. ;)


Edited by zenpunk - 11/4/13 at 2:08am
post #1512 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

I prefer the balanced mode. And if you have it, I would use it. IMO


Thanks, jamato8!

 

Lets hope that the silver dragon has enough wire to be re-terminated.... and that they can be fit into the trrs ... if not, I may go for hirose and then use the adapter (hirose female to trrs male)...

post #1513 of 3412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


Thanks, jamato8!

 

Lets hope that the silver dragon has enough wire to be re-terminated.... and that they can be fit into the trrs ... if not, I may go for hirose and then use the adapter (hirose female to trrs male)...

The TRRS would be easier to terminate to than the Hirose. Leads can come off of either to terminate to. I am sure there is enough to reterminate as it doesn't take any length off or require any extra length for the balanced. 

 

I terminate all that I have to Hirose, which isn't always easy due to the small size of the connections, and have adapters to TRRS, single ended, and all other balanced connectors. 


Edited by jamato8 - 11/4/13 at 2:35pm
post #1514 of 3412
Thread Starter 

I got a new board today. It is a single ended with no op amps. I am not sure of the output but very interesting looking. Letting it burn in now. 

post #1515 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

I got a new board today. It is a single ended with no op amps. I am not sure of the output but very interesting looking. Letting it burn in now. 

 

Discrete!?! Tubes ;-)??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .