or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW . - Page 8

post #106 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post


Ah, you really make me wanna wait for the 901 😆


You should all listen to these DAPs for yourself before buying, because different people have very different opinions...I for one certainly DO NOT FIND the AK100 to be way inferior to the DX100. The standard AK100 might be a bit inferior, and a modded AK100 is superior in some aspects, inferior in others. Once again, matter of perception...

post #107 of 3412

@jamato, can you compare DX100 and HM901 as long as their portability concerned. Sizewise, do you think HM901 is too heavy/big for fitting into jeans pocket?

 

I also tried to check a few things on youtube and all, sorry if the question sounds silly but, is there a way I can access to my songs in folder view? I really don't like the idevice style, artists, genres, albums stuff. Best way for me to reach them by folder view.

post #108 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


You should all listen to these DAPs for yourself before buying, because different people have very different opinions...I for one certainly DO NOT FIND the AK100 to be way inferior to the DX100. The standard AK100 might be a bit inferior, and a modded AK100 is superior in some aspects, inferior in others. Once again, matter of perception...


My impression is under the original AK100... Compare to DX100 it simply sounds small and weak. But I have heard a lot of good things about the modded ones so they might compete DX100 quite nicely. However, I doubt how much of a difference the mod makes considering the ES9018 is much more capable than the one on AK100. But again, I haven't heard of the modded ones so I might be wrong.

post #109 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

@jamato, can you compare DX100 and HM901 as long as their portability concerned. Sizewise, do you think HM901 is too heavy/big for fitting into jeans pocket?

 

I also tried to check a few things on youtube and all, sorry if the question sounds silly but, is there a way I can access to my songs in folder view? I really don't like the idevice style, artists, genres, albums stuff. Best way for me to reach them by folder view.


901 is pocketable and it is not heavy, lighter than the dx100 in the least.

It can access folders you created directly.

post #110 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

@jamato, can you compare DX100 and HM901 as long as their portability concerned. Sizewise, do you think HM901 is too heavy/big for fitting into jeans pocket?

 

I also tried to check a few things on youtube and all, sorry if the question sounds silly but, is there a way I can access to my songs in folder view? I really don't like the idevice style, artists, genres, albums stuff. Best way for me to reach them by folder view.


901 is pocketable and it is not heavy, lighter than the dx100 in the least.

It can access folders you created directly.

I agree with you here, all in all HM901 may be the nly complete solution here.Price wise, upgradable parts, removable battery and price wich is a big factor.!

post #111 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post


901 is pocketable and it is not heavy, lighter than the dx100 in the least.

It can access folders you created directly.

Thanks a lot man. Any idea when it will be released? In old videos Fang says March or May something like that I actually can't remember it now. Well, we almost finished May btw rolleyes.gif

post #112 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Thanks a lot man. Any idea when it will be released? In old videos Fang says March or May something like that I actually can't remember it now. Well, we almost finished May btw rolleyes.gif

I have no idea. I bought mine from a fellow head-fier who traded in his 801.

post #113 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

I have no idea. I bought mine from a fellow head-fier who traded in his 801.

Where do these guys get their DAPs if it is not out yet? I hope I will find it in EU, I think mp4audio.de will sell it (they sell other hifiman daps).

post #114 of 3412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

@jamato, can you compare DX100 and HM901 as long as their portability concerned. Sizewise, do you think HM901 is too heavy/big for fitting into jeans pocket?

 

I also tried to check a few things on youtube and all, sorry if the question sounds silly but, is there a way I can access to my songs in folder view? I really don't like the idevice style, artists, genres, albums stuff. Best way for me to reach them by folder view.

The 901 is a little smaller than the DX100. A little lighter and it depends upon your pocket I can carry it without problem in a cargo pocket on pants or a jacket pocket. With the recessed volume control, you won't accidentally change the volume and will have great sound on the move. 

post #115 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

The 901 is a little smaller than the DX100. A little lighter and it depends upon your pocket I can carry it without problem in a cargo pocket on pants or a jacket pocket. With the recessed volume control, you won't accidentally change the volume and will have great sound on the move. 

Thanks man. I just realized, in EU, the preorder price is 1250 euros. It is the price of AK120 almost.

 

Sometimes it is too painful to live in EU. In the states it is 1000$, which is something like 750 euros.

 

That's why before buying something high end like this, you really have the search a lot in here and hit the bulls eye, especially if you are a student like me.

post #116 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

The 901 is a little smaller than the DX100. A little lighter and it depends upon your pocket I can carry it without problem in a cargo pocket on pants or a jacket pocket. With the recessed volume control, you won't accidentally change the volume and will have great sound on the move. 

Thanks man. I just realized, in EU, the preorder price is 1250 euros. It is the price of AK120 almost.

 

Sometimes it is too painful to live in EU. In the states it is 1000$, which is something like 750 euros.

 

That's why before buying something high end like this, you really have the search a lot in here and hit the bulls eye, especially if you are a student like me.

Please can you provide the preoder link? thanks

post #117 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Please can you provide the preoder link? thanks

PM sent musicday.

post #118 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Where do these guys get their DAPs if it is not out yet? I hope I will find it in EU, I think mp4audio.de will sell it (they sell other hifiman daps).

They sent their 801s back to the hifiman HQ in China and they get their 901.

I believe there has been several small batches released overthere and maybe in Taiwan as well. But the number is really limited. It is not even officially released in China as far as I know.

post #119 of 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Please can you provide the preoder link? thanks

PM sent musicday.

Thank you.My only concern about the HM901 it will be related to the buil quality in rest I think it is the best DAP out there..IMO.

post #120 of 3412
Thread Starter 

I have one from the first run. It has been carried, put in pockets and treated like everything else I have, not always kind, and it functions fine. No problems with the control buttons, wheel for the UI, everything works fine. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .