- 13,722 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: Lower 48
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 12/10/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auralic Taurus Last post on 9/22/14 at 9:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 Replacement Schedule Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out! - Page 147post #2191 of 31823/1/14 at 1:29pmThread StarterSo is anyone else making after market cards?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2192 of 31823/1/14 at 6:03pmpost #2193 of 31823/1/14 at 6:06pmQuote:
It's not native. Only a few companies have the technology and right to use native dsd playback.post #2194 of 31823/1/14 at 6:21pmQuote:
It's converted to PCM and it is still pretty much a beta function. Some tracks will have background pop/noise, others might stutter, some plays OK. Overall not a stable solution for DSD playback yet and won't recommend it for people if DSD is a key consideration.post #2195 of 31823/1/14 at 6:34pmpost #2196 of 31823/1/14 at 6:38pmpost #2197 of 31823/1/14 at 8:05pmpost #2198 of 31823/1/14 at 9:15pmThread StarterQuote:
That is what I understand. They have the two Sabre dacs as a base and then with all they cards they could do, much versatility.post #2199 of 31823/2/14 at 2:59pmQuote:
And the best thing is if you own the 802 as well, you can use the same range of amp cards as well.post #2200 of 31823/2/14 at 10:53pmQuote:
Yes, the various amp boards are really very interesting and give me a lot of fun in mixing and matching with various iems.
Btw, the 802 also doubled as an extra charger and an extra battery for the 901 too.post #2201 of 31823/3/14 at 6:56amQuote:
Absolutely! The joys and pleasures of an ecosystem.post #2202 of 31823/3/14 at 7:13am
I hope Hifiman will release HM-902 in which the DSD will become native playback. I will buy immediately. HM-901 is almost perfect DAP but hope they can upgrade this feature.post #2203 of 31823/3/14 at 7:30amQuote:
Space is gonna be a problem though. Unless you get a 256 storage card. Think only Lexus has one and it's super expensive.post #2204 of 31823/3/14 at 7:48amQuote:
I just buy a few more 128gb cards. I think battery is also a concern but I will bring one more spare battery and a backup DAP when out. This is what I do now. HM-901 (minibox) as primary and X5 as backup. I tried 802 but decided not to buy because I dont listen to pop music.
This is what bugs me now is that I cannot play dsd properly when out and about.post #2205 of 31823/3/14 at 7:50am
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Synergistic Research HOT device 4 seconds ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 7 seconds ago
- › JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie 38 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 38 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › $90 in-ear phones. 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)