- 14,402 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: Lower 48
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out! - Page 147post #2191 of 32473/1/14 at 1:29pmThread StarterSo is anyone else making after market cards?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2192 of 32473/1/14 at 6:03pmpost #2193 of 32473/1/14 at 6:06pmQuote:
It's not native. Only a few companies have the technology and right to use native dsd playback.post #2194 of 32473/1/14 at 6:21pmQuote:
It's converted to PCM and it is still pretty much a beta function. Some tracks will have background pop/noise, others might stutter, some plays OK. Overall not a stable solution for DSD playback yet and won't recommend it for people if DSD is a key consideration.post #2195 of 32473/1/14 at 6:34pmpost #2196 of 32473/1/14 at 6:38pmpost #2197 of 32473/1/14 at 8:05pmpost #2198 of 32473/1/14 at 9:15pmThread StarterQuote:
That is what I understand. They have the two Sabre dacs as a base and then with all they cards they could do, much versatility.post #2199 of 32473/2/14 at 2:59pmQuote:
And the best thing is if you own the 802 as well, you can use the same range of amp cards as well.post #2200 of 32473/2/14 at 10:53pmQuote:
Yes, the various amp boards are really very interesting and give me a lot of fun in mixing and matching with various iems.
Btw, the 802 also doubled as an extra charger and an extra battery for the 901 too.post #2201 of 32473/3/14 at 6:56amQuote:
Absolutely! The joys and pleasures of an ecosystem.post #2202 of 32473/3/14 at 7:13am
I hope Hifiman will release HM-902 in which the DSD will become native playback. I will buy immediately. HM-901 is almost perfect DAP but hope they can upgrade this feature.post #2203 of 32473/3/14 at 7:30amQuote:
Space is gonna be a problem though. Unless you get a 256 storage card. Think only Lexus has one and it's super expensive.post #2204 of 32473/3/14 at 7:48amQuote:
I just buy a few more 128gb cards. I think battery is also a concern but I will bring one more spare battery and a backup DAP when out. This is what I do now. HM-901 (minibox) as primary and X5 as backup. I tried 802 but decided not to buy because I dont listen to pop music.
This is what bugs me now is that I cannot play dsd properly when out and about.post #2205 of 32473/3/14 at 7:50am
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 24 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a closed pair of semi portable headphones for around $300 6 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 8 minutes ago
- › Using both Fios E12 and JDS O2 together? 9 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 9 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 10 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 10 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 12 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2