- 14,349 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: Lower 48
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out! - Page 138post #2056 of 32412/1/14 at 9:56pmThread StarterThat would be great.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 32412/1/14 at 9:57pmpost #2058 of 32412/1/14 at 10:00pmpost #2059 of 32412/1/14 at 10:06pmpost #2060 of 32412/2/14 at 5:24pmpost #2061 of 32412/2/14 at 5:55pmQuote:
There were not any specifics about the future card mentioned in his post. I think he was a little bit annoyed that some people in China think Sony D100 recorder has superior SQ over audiophile DAP. Comments and taste of certain Chinese headfiers are quite "unique", its a huge nation afterall.post #2062 of 32412/2/14 at 6:09pmpost #2063 of 32412/2/14 at 6:52pmpost #2064 of 32412/3/14 at 3:55pmI bought a used minibox amp card from a fellow headfier.. I finally get to appreciate the innovative modular design of HM901. Really looking forward to more new amp cards.post #2065 of 32412/3/14 at 4:02pm
I will receive my IEM card soon. Can't wait to listen to it with my SE5 and JH16. I thought I should give it a try because of the battery life. The IEM card sucks less battery power than the standard card.
Edited by flaco - 2/3/14 at 4:03pmpost #2066 of 32412/3/14 at 4:04pmQuote:
When I get bored after a few months from using minibox i will buy iem card toopost #2067 of 32412/3/14 at 4:20pmQuote:
If you want battery life and use the 901 mostly with IEM's. I hope it will be a worthy upgrade over the standard card, though the new standard card isn't that bad.post #2068 of 32412/3/14 at 4:54pmQuote:
Yah, thanks. I think it will be great too..i was using balance card so i had to buy an extra battery when it was on sale 50% off in China..post #2069 of 32412/3/14 at 5:26pmQuote:
haha, I was about to do the same. Since Mimouille's experiences with the SE5 and the iem card weren't that good I was about to spend extra cash on cable, battery, extra charger and balanced card....
Who knows, maybe I end up buying the balanced card one day. We definitely need more cards for the HM-901...post #2070 of 32412/3/14 at 5:27pmJamato,
Would you be able to give me a quick summary of the HM801, 901, DX100 and CLAS (assuming you have heard them all, which I think you have)? I've grown tired of the Sabre sound and found that my DAC preferences are in the R2R architecture camp. With that in mind I was wondering if you found the HM801 competitive with the other units. It may be time for me to look beyond my DX100 and your input here would be valuable.
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Band Name Game II 11 seconds ago
- › Mr Speakers Ether 26 seconds ago
- › Almi's Logitech Z-5500 Mod (High-End upgrade for the speaker system) 30 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2