The more I use the new card, the more I like it. It really does many things right. I just got the Foxtex TH900 and it does a great job with them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out! - Page 106post #1576 of 324111/16/13 at 6:16pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1577 of 324111/16/13 at 8:26pmQuote:
How's the play on the pot with the TH-900 on that card?post #1578 of 324111/16/13 at 8:44pmpost #1579 of 324111/16/13 at 8:46pmThread Starterpost #1580 of 324111/16/13 at 9:02pm
OK thanks!post #1581 of 324111/17/13 at 11:11amThread Starter
Enjoying the heck out of the new card with the Fostex TH900. It drives them very well sounding open, dynamic and clean. Well controlled bass and depth. Nothing overwhelming just in the right balance.post #1582 of 324111/17/13 at 1:43pm
Just adding my 2 cents on the topic.
I fully agree with what have been so far by Jamato. I have tested the AK100 and AK120 for my french web-zine, and I used to love my HM-801 and my HM-601 very much. I also tried for a long time Colorfly C4 pro and CK4, and i also love my little Hisound audio Studio V despite its somewhat ****ty OS ;)
The HM-901, is the perfect partner for my earsonics IEM EM2 and EM6. It's slightly on the warm side, but incredibly 'musical'. It's able to bring life in everything you throw at it. Way beyond the slightly metallic and edgy souding of the AK100 and AK120 (though I love their UI and form factor).
The main weaknesses of the HM901 are :
- You could say that sometimes, for heavy styles of musics it's a bit too warm (speed metal for example)
- You could find that other DAP are more "Airy" and gives you a wider headroom
- The ergonomy is not that great and the UI is not sexy (but it works ... !)
- 9/10 hours of battery is fair but ... compared to iRivers ...
As a conclusion, this is a great DAP, with a splendid contrast, a beautiful tone, and a sense of musicality you'll be craving for.
Definitely a keeper for me if you can afford the 1000€ (for us in Europe :)
The complete test is there if you wanna have a peek.post #1583 of 324111/17/13 at 2:40pmpost #1584 of 324111/17/13 at 3:04pmThread StarterQuote:
If referring to what I wrote or the post right above you it is the new card that will be stock with the 901, a discrete card. I don't have an image of it. It is single ended and does a very good job conveying the music.post #1585 of 324111/17/13 at 7:25pm
From what I have read on Hifiman customer service posting on erji.net, I thought the Classic card is going to be the stock card for now?post #1586 of 324111/18/13 at 12:05ampost #1587 of 324111/18/13 at 5:59am
Absolutly, we used that nice "balanced card" designed for the HM-901. With balanced "mode" for RE-600, and "normal" mode for others headphones (to be clear we did not like the RE-600, that's why we did not mention it in our testing).
Regards.post #1588 of 324111/18/13 at 9:06pmThread Starterpost #1589 of 324111/18/13 at 11:44pm
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2