That's what it seems like!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
about me: 16 years old live in Israel, always loved headphones (at first i loved headphones, after that I started to love music xD) started this hubby when i was 14, i like fast bright accurate...
I have typed up this review @audio-technica.com a few months back and I thought I should also put it here. First, I would like to apologize for my very vague description of the sound (and...
Just to be clear - this is a small portable speaker. So when I talk about bass, sound clarity and what not - keep that in mind. You can't compare it desktop speakers - No wait, you...
Sound Signature. If I were to describe this cans, the V shape would be fitting, but it is just a moderate V shape, nothing overly pronounced but not flat by any means. Bass. This is where the...
After spending some time auditioning and researching I've finally found that illusive nirvana, the perfect mix of price, design and sound for me. I wanted a DAC minus the frills. As a HD800...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out! - Page 105post #1561 of 324711/13/13 at 7:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1562 of 324711/13/13 at 7:30pm
[Mod Edit: Please don't be rude.] If I couldn't hear the difference, I would get my hearing checked for HF loss, and/or save my wallet a bundle of $$$
Yes, I own the 901 and it's immediate on every song, not night and day, but very obvious.
EDIT: Seriously, check yourself out here;post #1563 of 324711/13/13 at 7:35pmThread Starterpost #1564 of 324711/13/13 at 7:47pmQuote:
Take that listening test i linked above, I can hear 19khz (not sure about 20khz) and i get pain at 16khz. The "Vintage" definitely rolls off High Frequencies. My guess is that it starts rolling off around 15khz or earlier.post #1565 of 324711/13/13 at 8:02pmpost #1566 of 324711/13/13 at 8:07pmpost #1567 of 324711/13/13 at 8:10pm
Ok - I have to admit that I'm embarrassed to say how poorly I did on that hearing test! But if the above graphs are accurate, I should be able to detect the difference.post #1568 of 324711/13/13 at 8:12pmQuote:
If you can hear the frequency in isolation, but not in music, that means you need to train your ears. No biggie since you have the key ingredient - the ability to hear up there.post #1569 of 324711/13/13 at 8:48pm
Well, one thing I can say for sure is how good this thing sounds in the frequencies I can hear ;) I was without it for some time while waiting for Hifiman to send a replacement - forgot about the excellent sound quality. I really think it beats my other players - even the DX100.post #1570 of 324711/13/13 at 10:53pmHearing the difference on a hearing test and on music are two very different things...if most of the music you listen to does not go this high very often, you will not hear the difference. And BTW the way, you should get yourself tested for basic politeness....you failed in my book.post #1571 of 324711/13/13 at 11:12pm
another thing I dont like about the 901 is the design of side switches , especially the balance/SE switch...I usually put the 901 in my pocket and I always get nervous that the switch is accidentally changed..............................so i check it every 10 minutes........soon i will go crazy LoLpost #1572 of 324711/14/13 at 2:47amThe difference between the HD and Vintage is slight but its noticeable in the harmonics. Also depends of the FR of the headphones. As the the graph, that ClieOS post, shows the Vintage setting roll off the highs like the HM801 does, a characteristic that many people liked of that player. I basically use the HD setting except for some vinyl rips with the needle sound too notorious.
Edited by fermelom - 11/14/13 at 2:48ampost #1573 of 324711/14/13 at 3:17ampost #1574 of 324711/14/13 at 5:10ampost #1575 of 324711/15/13 at 5:37amQuote:Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost
another thing I dont like about the 901 is the design of side switches , especially the balance/SE switch...I usually put the 901 in my pocket and I always get nervous that the switch is accidentally changed..............................so i check it every 10 minutes........soon i will go crazy LoL
I worried about that when I first started using it but in almost 6mth usage I never had any accidental button/switch pressed.
I almost bought the new classic(stock) board but figured I would probably get the 802 and will get it with it anyway.
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 20 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 58 seconds ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.50 download and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Kenwood KA-405 vinatge stereo receiver by headphones1999
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by Feilong4
- › Sony SRSX3 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) with... by xlordvader
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2