That's what it seems like!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out! - Page 105post #1561 of 326011/13/13 at 7:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1562 of 326011/13/13 at 7:30pm
[Mod Edit: Please don't be rude.] If I couldn't hear the difference, I would get my hearing checked for HF loss, and/or save my wallet a bundle of $$$
Yes, I own the 901 and it's immediate on every song, not night and day, but very obvious.
EDIT: Seriously, check yourself out here;post #1563 of 326011/13/13 at 7:35pmThread Starterpost #1564 of 326011/13/13 at 7:47pmQuote:
Take that listening test i linked above, I can hear 19khz (not sure about 20khz) and i get pain at 16khz. The "Vintage" definitely rolls off High Frequencies. My guess is that it starts rolling off around 15khz or earlier.post #1565 of 326011/13/13 at 8:02pmpost #1566 of 326011/13/13 at 8:07pmpost #1567 of 326011/13/13 at 8:10pm
Ok - I have to admit that I'm embarrassed to say how poorly I did on that hearing test! But if the above graphs are accurate, I should be able to detect the difference.post #1568 of 326011/13/13 at 8:12pmQuote:
If you can hear the frequency in isolation, but not in music, that means you need to train your ears. No biggie since you have the key ingredient - the ability to hear up there.post #1569 of 326011/13/13 at 8:48pm
Well, one thing I can say for sure is how good this thing sounds in the frequencies I can hear ;) I was without it for some time while waiting for Hifiman to send a replacement - forgot about the excellent sound quality. I really think it beats my other players - even the DX100.post #1570 of 326011/13/13 at 10:53pmHearing the difference on a hearing test and on music are two very different things...if most of the music you listen to does not go this high very often, you will not hear the difference. And BTW the way, you should get yourself tested for basic politeness....you failed in my book.post #1571 of 326011/13/13 at 11:12pm
another thing I dont like about the 901 is the design of side switches , especially the balance/SE switch...I usually put the 901 in my pocket and I always get nervous that the switch is accidentally changed..............................so i check it every 10 minutes........soon i will go crazy LoLpost #1572 of 326011/14/13 at 2:47amThe difference between the HD and Vintage is slight but its noticeable in the harmonics. Also depends of the FR of the headphones. As the the graph, that ClieOS post, shows the Vintage setting roll off the highs like the HM801 does, a characteristic that many people liked of that player. I basically use the HD setting except for some vinyl rips with the needle sound too notorious.
Edited by fermelom - 11/14/13 at 2:48ampost #1573 of 326011/14/13 at 3:17ampost #1574 of 326011/14/13 at 5:10ampost #1575 of 326011/15/13 at 5:37amQuote:Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost
another thing I dont like about the 901 is the design of side switches , especially the balance/SE switch...I usually put the 901 in my pocket and I always get nervous that the switch is accidentally changed..............................so i check it every 10 minutes........soon i will go crazy LoL
I worried about that when I first started using it but in almost 6mth usage I never had any accidental button/switch pressed.
I almost bought the new classic(stock) board but figured I would probably get the 802 and will get it with it anyway.
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 10 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 18 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones 48 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 1 minute ago
- › Accidentally took my SE215s through a week of hillwalking in... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DacMagic 100 Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 29TH/30TH 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Releases EX1 Aerospace Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3