Just to check you didn't unzip the file first - it should be in the folder and not unzipped ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 with MiniBox, Discrete or IEM card Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:13pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out! - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1412 of 32349/26/13 at 10:25ampost #1413 of 32349/26/13 at 4:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by kkcc
Shouldn't have anything to do with the computer as long as the update.zip is loaded onto the root of your SD card.
So you mean you successfully entered the firmware update screen but it didn't complete? Try restarting into the update mode and see if it works. If not maybe try a different SD card (smallest one you can find
I reloaded the software on the PC side of my apple and it works. Go figure. Thanks for suggestions.post #1414 of 32349/27/13 at 6:36am
I can't I have actually timed it but I listen to the HE-500 on off in the office and I have never gone beyond the half battery full icon. Sorry I can't be more precise: but what it means is that the HM-901 is still running when I leave the office at the end of the day.post #1415 of 32349/27/13 at 8:07ampost #1416 of 32349/27/13 at 5:35pmQuote:
Heheh! One day I'll bring the HE-500 home and run down the HM-901.post #1417 of 32349/30/13 at 9:17am
Today I noticed channel reversal that I recall was mentioned earlier in the thread. Near the beginning of Steely Dan's "Babylon Sisters" there's a little percussion part that I always hear in the left channel. This time I noticed it in the right channel. I'm not sure if this has always been occurring and I never noticed or if it's a new development. It's a little bit of a bummer. I'm using IEM card - balance/normal switch doesn't make a difference.post #1418 of 32349/30/13 at 9:21ampost #1419 of 32349/30/13 at 12:05pmI also experienced channels reversed, however only once. It was reversed both headphone out and line out, which bothered me, but since I haven't noticed is since then, I haven't gone through any research process to find out what caused it.post #1420 of 32349/30/13 at 1:35pmpost #1421 of 323410/1/13 at 10:34ampost #1422 of 323410/1/13 at 10:46am
I think the 901 is just better as my AK120 is also better. I chose the AK due to it's quality, size, storage, build and best UI but I really liked the 901 very much when I heard it. Studio is a great little device that does music really well but I prefer the other 2 at twice(+) the price. I really enjoy and am keeping the Anniversary 3 but...
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Anv 3 still was more involving than these recent, cheaper HiDef players but it isn't up to the current flagships from A/K and HiFiman.
Edited by goodvibes - 10/2/13 at 4:57ampost #1423 of 323410/2/13 at 5:15ampost #1424 of 323410/2/13 at 6:59ampost #1425 of 323410/2/13 at 7:43amQuote:
It is not recommended due to heat dissipation / lack of ventilation. There are some third party cases but all of them IMHO look hideous.... some samples for you:
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 15 seconds ago
- › looking for a pair of headphones under €400 28 seconds ago
- › What are 3 additions to the FW of the DX50 or DX90 that you would... 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp KGSS EU Voltage 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2