Just to check you didn't unzip the file first - it should be in the folder and not unzipped ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out! - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1412 of 32419/26/13 at 10:25ampost #1413 of 32419/26/13 at 4:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by kkcc
Shouldn't have anything to do with the computer as long as the update.zip is loaded onto the root of your SD card.
So you mean you successfully entered the firmware update screen but it didn't complete? Try restarting into the update mode and see if it works. If not maybe try a different SD card (smallest one you can find
I reloaded the software on the PC side of my apple and it works. Go figure. Thanks for suggestions.post #1414 of 32419/27/13 at 6:36am
I can't I have actually timed it but I listen to the HE-500 on off in the office and I have never gone beyond the half battery full icon. Sorry I can't be more precise: but what it means is that the HM-901 is still running when I leave the office at the end of the day.post #1415 of 32419/27/13 at 8:07ampost #1416 of 32419/27/13 at 5:35pmQuote:
Heheh! One day I'll bring the HE-500 home and run down the HM-901.post #1417 of 32419/30/13 at 9:17am
Today I noticed channel reversal that I recall was mentioned earlier in the thread. Near the beginning of Steely Dan's "Babylon Sisters" there's a little percussion part that I always hear in the left channel. This time I noticed it in the right channel. I'm not sure if this has always been occurring and I never noticed or if it's a new development. It's a little bit of a bummer. I'm using IEM card - balance/normal switch doesn't make a difference.post #1418 of 32419/30/13 at 9:21ampost #1419 of 32419/30/13 at 12:05pmI also experienced channels reversed, however only once. It was reversed both headphone out and line out, which bothered me, but since I haven't noticed is since then, I haven't gone through any research process to find out what caused it.post #1420 of 32419/30/13 at 1:35pmpost #1421 of 324110/1/13 at 10:34ampost #1422 of 324110/1/13 at 10:46am
I think the 901 is just better as my AK120 is also better. I chose the AK due to it's quality, size, storage, build and best UI but I really liked the 901 very much when I heard it. Studio is a great little device that does music really well but I prefer the other 2 at twice(+) the price. I really enjoy and am keeping the Anniversary 3 but...
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Anv 3 still was more involving than these recent, cheaper HiDef players but it isn't up to the current flagships from A/K and HiFiman.
Edited by goodvibes - 10/2/13 at 4:57ampost #1423 of 324110/2/13 at 5:15ampost #1424 of 324110/2/13 at 6:59ampost #1425 of 324110/2/13 at 7:43amQuote:
It is not recommended due to heat dissipation / lack of ventilation. There are some third party cases but all of them IMHO look hideous.... some samples for you:
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New Dock out!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King 30 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 41 seconds ago
- › Best IEM for Trance -2014 edition -Now keeping track in the OP! 47 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 57 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › Amp for Sennheiser HD 650 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2