Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . - Page 5

post #61 of 2830
Thread Starter 

I have been listening to Alison Krauss, Forget About It. Great open detailed sound. Very natural and flowing in the presentation. 

post #62 of 2830
If you get a chance download her latest album in 24/96 from HD tracks. I am a huge AKUS fan and have all the albums both solo and AKUS. I have back to backed the 24/96 vs WAV ripped from CD and there is a touch more air and delicacy I feel to the 24/96 version.. I just wish going on this experience they would bring all her albums out in that format now.
post #63 of 2830
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

If you get a chance download her latest album in 24/96 from HD tracks. I am a huge AKUS fan and have all the albums both solo and AKUS. I have back to backed the 24/96 vs WAV ripped from CD and there is a touch more air and delicacy I feel to the 24/96 version.. I just wish going on this experience they would bring all her albums out in that format now.

Will do! Looking forward. Downloading. 


Edited by jamato8 - 4/18/13 at 10:45am
post #64 of 2830
Excellent, I am really looking forward to what you think of it! Oh yes, if your into Cat Stevens the hi rez Tea For The Tillerman is one of the best hi rez files I have heard yet!
post #65 of 2830
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

Excellent, I am really looking forward to what you think of it! Oh yes, if your into Cat Stevens the hi rez Tea For The Tillerman is one of the best hi rez files I have heard yet!

I have them both and listening to the Alison Kraus right now. It's all good! 

post #66 of 2830
Excellent!
post #67 of 2830

hey jamato, do you know where can i buy the 901? i live in UK anywhere online would be fine. :)

post #68 of 2830
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermannick View Post

hey jamato, do you know where can i buy the 901? i live in UK anywhere online would be fine. :)


I don't think they are available yet. Soon, from what I understand.

post #69 of 2830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

Excellent, I am really looking forward to what you think of it! Oh yes, if your into Cat Stevens the hi rez Tea For The Tillerman is one of the best hi rez files I have heard yet!
That is my cup of tea! Beautiful recording.
post #70 of 2830
Thread Starter 

Playing around with the 901. You can use an outboard amp but with the different amp boards, for but all an extremely hungry phones, there may be no real need for an external amp. Even the single ended board, with the 8397 chip does a fine job. I will be curious to see how the balanced board does. I should be hearing it in the not too distant future. 

post #71 of 2830

Can't believe this is not released yet, very frustrating to wait!

post #72 of 2830

Agreed... While I think a slow roll-out makes sense, the lack of communication and transparency is totally frustrating...

post #73 of 2830
Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjax1 View Post

Agreed... While I think a slow roll-out makes sense, the lack of communication and transparency is totally frustrating...

this is kinda making people buy the ak100 instead

post #74 of 2830
I agree, whilst it is worth the wait if it is sorting out issues (though no one who has them seems to have any) I do think a bit of communication as to launch date would be nice. If there are changes being made I wonder what the difference between the beta (for want of a better word that is what the first batch seem to be) over the full production version?

They are active on Headfi, it would make sense if they gave an update here.
post #75 of 2830
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

Playing around with the 901. You can use an outboard amp but with the different amp boards, for but all an extremely hungry phones, there may be no real need for an external amp. Even the single ended board, with the 8397 chip does a fine job. I will be curious to see how the balanced board does. I should be hearing it in the not too distant future. 
And the balanced amp board sounds good ... ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . .