- 13,269 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: Dillingham, Alaska - Bristol Bay, salmon capital of the world.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My first HIFI audio meldown Last post on 6/15/14 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HE-6 vs HD800 Last post on 6/10/14 at 2:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMAN HM-901 Amplifier Cards Last post on 6/7/14 at 8:44pm in Portable Source Gear
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . - Page 147
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's not native. Only a few companies have the technology and right to use native dsd playback.
It's converted to PCM and it is still pretty much a beta function. Some tracks will have background pop/noise, others might stutter, some plays OK. Overall not a stable solution for DSD playback yet and won't recommend it for people if DSD is a key consideration.
That is what I understand. They have the two Sabre dacs as a base and then with all they cards they could do, much versatility.
And the best thing is if you own the 802 as well, you can use the same range of amp cards as well.
Yes, the various amp boards are really very interesting and give me a lot of fun in mixing and matching with various iems.
Btw, the 802 also doubled as an extra charger and an extra battery for the 901 too.
Absolutely! The joys and pleasures of an ecosystem.
I hope Hifiman will release HM-902 in which the DSD will become native playback. I will buy immediately. HM-901 is almost perfect DAP but hope they can upgrade this feature.
Space is gonna be a problem though. Unless you get a 256 storage card. Think only Lexus has one and it's super expensive.
I just buy a few more 128gb cards. I think battery is also a concern but I will bring one more spare battery and a backup DAP when out. This is what I do now. HM-901 (minibox) as primary and X5 as backup. I tried 802 but decided not to buy because I dont listen to pop music.
This is what bugs me now is that I cannot play dsd properly when out and about.
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 7 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for wireless headphones under $100 8 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)