Just to check you didn't unzip the file first - it should be in the folder and not unzipped ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My first HIFI audio meldown Last post on 6/15/14 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HE-6 vs HD800 Last post on 6/10/14 at 2:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMAN HM-901 Amplifier Cards Last post on 6/7/14 at 8:44pm in Portable Source Gear
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Shouldn't have anything to do with the computer as long as the update.zip is loaded onto the root of your SD card.
So you mean you successfully entered the firmware update screen but it didn't complete? Try restarting into the update mode and see if it works. If not maybe try a different SD card (smallest one you can find
I reloaded the software on the PC side of my apple and it works. Go figure. Thanks for suggestions.
I can't I have actually timed it but I listen to the HE-500 on off in the office and I have never gone beyond the half battery full icon. Sorry I can't be more precise: but what it means is that the HM-901 is still running when I leave the office at the end of the day.
Heheh! One day I'll bring the HE-500 home and run down the HM-901.
Today I noticed channel reversal that I recall was mentioned earlier in the thread. Near the beginning of Steely Dan's "Babylon Sisters" there's a little percussion part that I always hear in the left channel. This time I noticed it in the right channel. I'm not sure if this has always been occurring and I never noticed or if it's a new development. It's a little bit of a bummer. I'm using IEM card - balance/normal switch doesn't make a difference.
I think the 901 is just better as my AK120 is also better. I chose the AK due to it's quality, size, storage, build and best UI but I really liked the 901 very much when I heard it. Studio is a great little device that does music really well but I prefer the other 2 at twice(+) the price. I really enjoy and am keeping the Anniversary 3 but...
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Anv 3 still was more involving than these recent, cheaper HiDef players but it isn't up to the current flagships from A/K and HiFiman.
Edited by goodvibes - 10/2/13 at 4:57am
It is not recommended due to heat dissipation / lack of ventilation. There are some third party cases but all of them IMHO look hideous.... some samples for you:
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) just now
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 26 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 56 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Gold 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones for Trance, dubstep, house, electronic, rap, hip... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 vs Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro for directional accuracy 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)