- 12,806 Posts. Joined 11/2004
- Location: Dillingham, Alaska - Bristol Bay, salmon capital of the world.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 Last post on Today at 10:17 pm in Portable Source Gear
- HM-901 V1.085 and HM-802 V1.003 firmware update Last post on 4/9/14 at 1:51am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- FS: HiFiMAN HE-6 + AMB β24 + accessories (inquire for separate sale) Last post on 3/30/14 at 8:37pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- FS: HiFiMAN HE-6 + AMB β24 + accessories (inquire for separate sale) Last post on 3/30/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Do you guys prefer dynamics or orthos? Last post on 4/8/14 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . Who has used the dock? . . - Page 138post #2056 of 25402/1/14 at 9:56pmThread StarterThat would be great.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 25402/1/14 at 9:57pmpost #2058 of 25402/1/14 at 10:00pmpost #2059 of 25402/1/14 at 10:06pmpost #2060 of 25402/2/14 at 5:24pmpost #2061 of 25402/2/14 at 5:55pmQuote:
There were not any specifics about the future card mentioned in his post. I think he was a little bit annoyed that some people in China think Sony D100 recorder has superior SQ over audiophile DAP. Comments and taste of certain Chinese headfiers are quite "unique", its a huge nation afterall.post #2062 of 25402/2/14 at 6:09pmpost #2063 of 25402/2/14 at 6:52pmpost #2064 of 25402/3/14 at 3:55pmpost #2065 of 25402/3/14 at 4:02pm
I will receive my IEM card soon. Can't wait to listen to it with my SE5 and JH16. I thought I should give it a try because of the battery life. The IEM card sucks less battery power than the standard card.
Edited by flaco - 2/3/14 at 4:03pmpost #2066 of 25402/3/14 at 4:04pmQuote:
When I get bored after a few months from using minibox i will buy iem card toopost #2067 of 25402/3/14 at 4:20pmQuote:
If you want battery life and use the 901 mostly with IEM's. I hope it will be a worthy upgrade over the standard card, though the new standard card isn't that bad.post #2068 of 25402/3/14 at 4:54pmQuote:
Yah, thanks. I think it will be great too..i was using balance card so i had to buy an extra battery when it was on sale 50% off in China..post #2069 of 25402/3/14 at 5:26pmQuote:
haha, I was about to do the same. Since Mimouille's experiences with the SE5 and the iem card weren't that good I was about to spend extra cash on cable, battery, extra charger and balanced card....
Who knows, maybe I end up buying the balanced card one day. We definitely need more cards for the HM-901...post #2070 of 25402/3/14 at 5:27pmJamato,
Would you be able to give me a quick summary of the HM801, 901, DX100 and CLAS (assuming you have heard them all, which I think you have)? I've grown tired of the Sabre sound and found that my DAC preferences are in the R2R architecture camp. With that in mind I was wondering if you found the HM801 competitive with the other units. It may be time for me to look beyond my DX100 and your input here would be valuable.
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . Who has used the dock? . .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 11 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic AT1350 - An Improved DT1350? 15 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Fun, forgiving headphones 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2.2 Six weeks old ! **pristine condition** SOLD 6 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 7 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob