That's what it seems like!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 Last post on Today at 3:32 pm in Portable Source Gear
- HM-901 V1.085 and HM-802 V1.003 firmware update Last post on Today at 8:00 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- FS: HiFiMAN HE-6 + AMB β24 + accessories (inquire for separate sale) Last post on 3/30/14 at 8:37pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- FS: HiFiMAN HE-6 + AMB β24 + accessories (inquire for separate sale) Last post on 3/30/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Do you guys prefer dynamics or orthos? Last post on 4/8/14 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . Who has used the dock? . . - Page 105post #1561 of 254011/13/13 at 7:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1562 of 254011/13/13 at 7:30pm
[Mod Edit: Please don't be rude.] If I couldn't hear the difference, I would get my hearing checked for HF loss, and/or save my wallet a bundle of $$$
Yes, I own the 901 and it's immediate on every song, not night and day, but very obvious.
EDIT: Seriously, check yourself out here;post #1563 of 254011/13/13 at 7:35pmThread Starter
I don't hear any difference. I have good hearing and notice many thing but not with the switch. I am getting some Fostex 900's. Maybe then. ? :^)post #1564 of 254011/13/13 at 7:47pmQuote:
Take that listening test i linked above, I can hear 19khz (not sure about 20khz) and i get pain at 16khz. The "Vintage" definitely rolls off High Frequencies. My guess is that it starts rolling off around 15khz or earlier.post #1565 of 254011/13/13 at 8:02pmpost #1566 of 254011/13/13 at 8:07pmpost #1567 of 254011/13/13 at 8:10pm
Ok - I have to admit that I'm embarrassed to say how poorly I did on that hearing test! But if the above graphs are accurate, I should be able to detect the difference.post #1568 of 254011/13/13 at 8:12pmQuote:
If you can hear the frequency in isolation, but not in music, that means you need to train your ears. No biggie since you have the key ingredient - the ability to hear up there.post #1569 of 254011/13/13 at 8:48pm
Well, one thing I can say for sure is how good this thing sounds in the frequencies I can hear ;) I was without it for some time while waiting for Hifiman to send a replacement - forgot about the excellent sound quality. I really think it beats my other players - even the DX100.post #1570 of 254011/13/13 at 10:53pmHearing the difference on a hearing test and on music are two very different things...if most of the music you listen to does not go this high very often, you will not hear the difference. And BTW the way, you should get yourself tested for basic politeness....you failed in my book.post #1571 of 254011/13/13 at 11:12pm
another thing I dont like about the 901 is the design of side switches , especially the balance/SE switch...I usually put the 901 in my pocket and I always get nervous that the switch is accidentally changed..............................so i check it every 10 minutes........soon i will go crazy LoLpost #1572 of 254011/14/13 at 2:47amThe difference between the HD and Vintage is slight but its noticeable in the harmonics. Also depends of the FR of the headphones. As the the graph, that ClieOS post, shows the Vintage setting roll off the highs like the HM801 does, a characteristic that many people liked of that player. I basically use the HD setting except for some vinyl rips with the needle sound too notorious.
Edited by fermelom - 11/14/13 at 2:48ampost #1573 of 254011/14/13 at 3:17ampost #1574 of 254011/14/13 at 5:10ampost #1575 of 254011/15/13 at 5:37amQuote:Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost
another thing I dont like about the 901 is the design of side switches , especially the balance/SE switch...I usually put the 901 in my pocket and I always get nervous that the switch is accidentally changed..............................so i check it every 10 minutes........soon i will go crazy LoL
I worried about that when I first started using it but in almost 6mth usage I never had any accidental button/switch pressed.
I almost bought the new classic(stock) board but figured I would probably get the 802 and will get it with it anyway.
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . Who has used the dock? . .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Misleading recommendations on HE-400? 21 seconds ago
- › Yulong's new DA8 35 seconds ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 1 minute ago
- › Currently using AKG K702 anniversaries, what would be a good upgrade? 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone, Dac, and Amp Recommendation for Rock, Metal, and Blues 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 10 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob