Just to check you didn't unzip the file first - it should be in the folder and not unzipped ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 Last post on Today at 3:17 pm in Portable Source Gear
- HM-901 V1.085 and HM-802 V1.003 firmware update Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:00am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- FS: HiFiMAN HE-6 + AMB β24 + accessories (inquire for separate sale) Last post on 3/30/14 at 8:37pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- FS: HiFiMAN HE-6 + AMB β24 + accessories (inquire for separate sale) Last post on 3/30/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Do you guys prefer dynamics or orthos? Last post on 4/8/14 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . Who has used the dock? . . - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1412 of 25409/26/13 at 10:25ampost #1413 of 25409/26/13 at 4:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by kkcc
Shouldn't have anything to do with the computer as long as the update.zip is loaded onto the root of your SD card.
So you mean you successfully entered the firmware update screen but it didn't complete? Try restarting into the update mode and see if it works. If not maybe try a different SD card (smallest one you can find
I reloaded the software on the PC side of my apple and it works. Go figure. Thanks for suggestions.post #1414 of 25409/27/13 at 6:36am
I can't I have actually timed it but I listen to the HE-500 on off in the office and I have never gone beyond the half battery full icon. Sorry I can't be more precise: but what it means is that the HM-901 is still running when I leave the office at the end of the day.post #1415 of 25409/27/13 at 8:07ampost #1416 of 25409/27/13 at 5:35pmQuote:
Heheh! One day I'll bring the HE-500 home and run down the HM-901.post #1417 of 25409/30/13 at 9:17am
Today I noticed channel reversal that I recall was mentioned earlier in the thread. Near the beginning of Steely Dan's "Babylon Sisters" there's a little percussion part that I always hear in the left channel. This time I noticed it in the right channel. I'm not sure if this has always been occurring and I never noticed or if it's a new development. It's a little bit of a bummer. I'm using IEM card - balance/normal switch doesn't make a difference.post #1418 of 25409/30/13 at 9:21ampost #1419 of 25409/30/13 at 12:05pmI also experienced channels reversed, however only once. It was reversed both headphone out and line out, which bothered me, but since I haven't noticed is since then, I haven't gone through any research process to find out what caused it.post #1420 of 25409/30/13 at 1:35pmpost #1421 of 254010/1/13 at 10:34ampost #1422 of 254010/1/13 at 10:46am
I think the 901 is just better as my AK120 is also better. I chose the AK due to it's quality, size, storage, build and best UI but I really liked the 901 very much when I heard it. Studio is a great little device that does music really well but I prefer the other 2 at twice(+) the price. I really enjoy and am keeping the Anniversary 3 but...
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Anv 3 still was more involving than these recent, cheaper HiDef players but it isn't up to the current flagships from A/K and HiFiman.
Edited by goodvibes - 10/2/13 at 4:57ampost #1423 of 254010/2/13 at 5:15ampost #1424 of 254010/2/13 at 6:59ampost #1425 of 254010/2/13 at 7:43amQuote:
It is not recommended due to heat dissipation / lack of ventilation. There are some third party cases but all of them IMHO look hideous.... some samples for you:
- HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . Who has used the dock? . .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Poll for Desktop vs Portable concluded! 21 seconds ago
- › Shure SE 535 Red LTD Edition 42 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Dark Voice 339 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › ES100: HIFIMAN's New Flagship Earbuds 4 minutes ago
- › mod: Monoporice 8323 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Violectric (Lake People) V800 Highend DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude