I have been listening to Alison Krauss, Forget About It. Great open detailed sound. Very natural and flowing in the presentation.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need help choosing future high end gear Last post on 2/26/14 at 8:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Whats your endgame setup? Last post on 2/23/14 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 2/22/14 at 7:40am in Portable Source Gear
- What Mp3 Is right for me? Last post on 1/22/14 at 9:24pm in Portable Source Gear
- REVIEW: HiFiMAN HM-901 vs Astell&Kern AK120 vs Monster Audio MA9. Last post on 1/22/14 at 7:00am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 - Page 5post #61 of 22904/17/13 at 10:28pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 22904/18/13 at 7:26amIf you get a chance download her latest album in 24/96 from HD tracks. I am a huge AKUS fan and have all the albums both solo and AKUS. I have back to backed the 24/96 vs WAV ripped from CD and there is a touch more air and delicacy I feel to the 24/96 version.. I just wish going on this experience they would bring all her albums out in that format now.post #63 of 22904/18/13 at 10:33amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
If you get a chance download her latest album in 24/96 from HD tracks. I am a huge AKUS fan and have all the albums both solo and AKUS. I have back to backed the 24/96 vs WAV ripped from CD and there is a touch more air and delicacy I feel to the 24/96 version.. I just wish going on this experience they would bring all her albums out in that format now.
Will do! Looking forward. Downloading.
Edited by jamato8 - 4/18/13 at 10:45ampost #64 of 22904/18/13 at 2:24pmpost #65 of 22904/18/13 at 2:41pmThread StarterQuote:
I have them both and listening to the Alison Kraus right now. It's all good!post #66 of 22904/18/13 at 3:00pmpost #67 of 22904/18/13 at 4:23pmpost #68 of 22904/18/13 at 4:28pmThread StarterQuote:
I don't think they are available yet. Soon, from what I understand.post #69 of 22904/19/13 at 7:41ampost #70 of 22904/21/13 at 12:35pmThread Starter
Playing around with the 901. You can use an outboard amp but with the different amp boards, for but all an extremely hungry phones, there may be no real need for an external amp. Even the single ended board, with the 8397 chip does a fine job. I will be curious to see how the balanced board does. I should be hearing it in the not too distant future.post #71 of 22905/7/13 at 3:52pmpost #72 of 22905/7/13 at 7:39pmpost #73 of 22905/7/13 at 7:52pmQuote:
this is kinda making people buy the ak100 insteadpost #74 of 22905/7/13 at 8:52pmI agree, whilst it is worth the wait if it is sorting out issues (though no one who has them seems to have any) I do think a bit of communication as to launch date would be nice. If there are changes being made I wonder what the difference between the beta (for want of a better word that is what the first batch seem to be) over the full production version?
They are active on Headfi, it would make sense if they gave an update here.post #75 of 22905/17/13 at 11:27amQuote:And the balanced amp board sounds good ... ?Originally Posted by jamato8
Playing around with the 901. You can use an outboard amp but with the different amp boards, for but all an extremely hungry phones, there may be no real need for an external amp. Even the single ended board, with the 8397 chip does a fine job. I will be curious to see how the balanced board does. I should be hearing it in the not too distant future.
- HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG gaming cans. 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › BlackBerry Z30, as a music player.... one word 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Audio's new TWau Reference wire 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude