That's what it seems like!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need help choosing future high end gear Last post on 2/26/14 at 8:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Whats your endgame setup? Last post on 2/23/14 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 2/22/14 at 7:40am in Portable Source Gear
- What Mp3 Is right for me? Last post on 1/22/14 at 9:24pm in Portable Source Gear
- REVIEW: HiFiMAN HM-901 vs Astell&Kern AK120 vs Monster Audio MA9. Last post on 1/22/14 at 7:00am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 - Page 105post #1561 of 227511/13/13 at 7:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1562 of 227511/13/13 at 7:30pm
[Mod Edit: Please don't be rude.] If I couldn't hear the difference, I would get my hearing checked for HF loss, and/or save my wallet a bundle of $$$
Yes, I own the 901 and it's immediate on every song, not night and day, but very obvious.
EDIT: Seriously, check yourself out here;post #1563 of 227511/13/13 at 7:35pmThread Starter
I don't hear any difference. I have good hearing and notice many thing but not with the switch. I am getting some Fostex 900's. Maybe then. ? :^)post #1564 of 227511/13/13 at 7:47pmQuote:
Take that listening test i linked above, I can hear 19khz (not sure about 20khz) and i get pain at 16khz. The "Vintage" definitely rolls off High Frequencies. My guess is that it starts rolling off around 15khz or earlier.post #1565 of 227511/13/13 at 8:02pmpost #1566 of 227511/13/13 at 8:07pmpost #1567 of 227511/13/13 at 8:10pm
Ok - I have to admit that I'm embarrassed to say how poorly I did on that hearing test! But if the above graphs are accurate, I should be able to detect the difference.post #1568 of 227511/13/13 at 8:12pmQuote:
If you can hear the frequency in isolation, but not in music, that means you need to train your ears. No biggie since you have the key ingredient - the ability to hear up there.post #1569 of 227511/13/13 at 8:48pm
Well, one thing I can say for sure is how good this thing sounds in the frequencies I can hear ;) I was without it for some time while waiting for Hifiman to send a replacement - forgot about the excellent sound quality. I really think it beats my other players - even the DX100.post #1570 of 227511/13/13 at 10:53pmHearing the difference on a hearing test and on music are two very different things...if most of the music you listen to does not go this high very often, you will not hear the difference. And BTW the way, you should get yourself tested for basic politeness....you failed in my book.post #1571 of 227511/13/13 at 11:12pm
another thing I dont like about the 901 is the design of side switches , especially the balance/SE switch...I usually put the 901 in my pocket and I always get nervous that the switch is accidentally changed..............................so i check it every 10 minutes........soon i will go crazy LoLpost #1572 of 227511/14/13 at 2:47amThe difference between the HD and Vintage is slight but its noticeable in the harmonics. Also depends of the FR of the headphones. As the the graph, that ClieOS post, shows the Vintage setting roll off the highs like the HM801 does, a characteristic that many people liked of that player. I basically use the HD setting except for some vinyl rips with the needle sound too notorious.
Edited by fermelom - 11/14/13 at 2:48ampost #1573 of 227511/14/13 at 3:17ampost #1574 of 227511/14/13 at 5:10ampost #1575 of 227511/15/13 at 5:37amQuote:Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost
another thing I dont like about the 901 is the design of side switches , especially the balance/SE switch...I usually put the 901 in my pocket and I always get nervous that the switch is accidentally changed..............................so i check it every 10 minutes........soon i will go crazy LoL
I worried about that when I first started using it but in almost 6mth usage I never had any accidental button/switch pressed.
I almost bought the new classic(stock) board but figured I would probably get the 802 and will get it with it anyway.
- HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 25 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced 2 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 4 minutes ago
- › WORST headphone you ever heard? 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and... 5 minutes ago
- › FS: T-PEOS H-200 5 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude