- 886 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Western pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productShure SRH 940tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help (IDM/Ambient, Closed Back, Somewhat Portable,~300 budget) Last post on 1/9/13 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recomend me more headphones that sound how I want them to. (Denon D-5000's) Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best closed headphone setup for less than $400 Last post on 12/30/12 at 10:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Need good cans for my arrow 4g
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does portability matter to you, sound signature preference, noise isolation/leakage matter? A few things you should mention, unless you want people to blindly recommend headphones.
My sound signature would have a real tight bass impact but not so much like a bass head, and I love mids. Pretty much sums up any metal heads craving
Looks like Mad Dogs is a great suggestion. If you are looking for something more portable-esque you want to look into the Senneheiser Momentum, Shure SRH-840/940, or the Sony MDR-1. All great headphones that sound warm, some more than others but all warm with great bass impact and lush mids.
You can find them on the FS forums for anywhere between 200-280, they are 300 brand new from Mrspeakers's website.
No where did he say he wants portable headphones. Also "portable" is relative to the person. The Amperiors or HD25, while being very good portables, aren't warm at all. The mids on both of them are somewhat neutral in comparison to say the Momentum or even the Mad Dog.
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 48 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread. 54 seconds ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-GC20 Headphone Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2