- 886 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Western pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productShure SRH 940tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help (IDM/Ambient, Closed Back, Somewhat Portable,~300 budget) Last post on 1/9/13 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recomend me more headphones that sound how I want them to. (Denon D-5000's) Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best closed headphone setup for less than $400 Last post on 12/30/12 at 10:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
Need good cans for my arrow 4gpost #1 of 113/18/13 at 4:37pmThread StarterI need some thoughts on what headphones take advantage of the headstage arrow 4g's power. I already have some ue 6000 and they're awesome. My budget is right around 200 or leas
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 113/18/13 at 5:02pmpost #3 of 113/18/13 at 6:45pmThread Starterpost #4 of 113/18/13 at 6:55pm
Does portability matter to you, sound signature preference, noise isolation/leakage matter? A few things you should mention, unless you want people to blindly recommend headphones.post #5 of 113/18/13 at 7:06pmThread StarterLookin for mostly closed cans or on ear like hd25 1ii
My sound signature would have a real tight bass impact but not so much like a bass head, and I love mids. Pretty much sums up any metal heads cravingpost #6 of 113/18/13 at 8:30pmpost #7 of 113/19/13 at 8:47am
Looks like Mad Dogs is a great suggestion. If you are looking for something more portable-esque you want to look into the Senneheiser Momentum, Shure SRH-840/940, or the Sony MDR-1. All great headphones that sound warm, some more than others but all warm with great bass impact and lush mids.post #8 of 113/19/13 at 10:36amThread Starterpost #9 of 113/19/13 at 11:17am
You can find them on the FS forums for anywhere between 200-280, they are 300 brand new from Mrspeakers's website.post #10 of 113/19/13 at 11:23ampost #11 of 113/19/13 at 11:28amQuote:
No where did he say he wants portable headphones. Also "portable" is relative to the person. The Amperiors or HD25, while being very good portables, aren't warm at all. The mids on both of them are somewhat neutral in comparison to say the Momentum or even the Mad Dog.
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Easiest way to volume match during a ABx comparison? 14 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Which earbuds should I buy? 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Destiny 3 minutes ago
- › help me choose a new mp3 player 4 minutes ago
- › Orgy of Capacitors: The Cap Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 5 minutes ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Construction expenses falls 0.8% in August...
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2