- 886 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Western pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productShure SRH 940tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help (IDM/Ambient, Closed Back, Somewhat Portable,~300 budget) Last post on 1/9/13 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recomend me more headphones that sound how I want them to. (Denon D-5000's) Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best closed headphone setup for less than $400 Last post on 12/30/12 at 10:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Need good cans for my arrow 4g
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does portability matter to you, sound signature preference, noise isolation/leakage matter? A few things you should mention, unless you want people to blindly recommend headphones.
My sound signature would have a real tight bass impact but not so much like a bass head, and I love mids. Pretty much sums up any metal heads craving
Looks like Mad Dogs is a great suggestion. If you are looking for something more portable-esque you want to look into the Senneheiser Momentum, Shure SRH-840/940, or the Sony MDR-1. All great headphones that sound warm, some more than others but all warm with great bass impact and lush mids.
You can find them on the FS forums for anywhere between 200-280, they are 300 brand new from Mrspeakers's website.
No where did he say he wants portable headphones. Also "portable" is relative to the person. The Amperiors or HD25, while being very good portables, aren't warm at all. The mids on both of them are somewhat neutral in comparison to say the Momentum or even the Mad Dog.
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Upgrade from GR07 BE just now
- › sansa clip sport better than iphone5s , what is better than sansa... 34 seconds ago
- › New Hifiman Flagship (together with Unique Melody): RE1000 1 minute ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 2 minutes ago
- › nwz10 or just buy a portable AMP or else 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › ROCKJAW KOMMAND Review & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)