- 886 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Western pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productShure SRH840tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productShure SRH 940tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help (IDM/Ambient, Closed Back, Somewhat Portable,~300 budget) Last post on 1/9/13 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recomend me more headphones that sound how I want them to. (Denon D-5000's) Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best closed headphone setup for less than $400 Last post on 12/30/12 at 10:54am in Headphones (full-size)
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
Need good cans for my arrow 4g
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does portability matter to you, sound signature preference, noise isolation/leakage matter? A few things you should mention, unless you want people to blindly recommend headphones.
My sound signature would have a real tight bass impact but not so much like a bass head, and I love mids. Pretty much sums up any metal heads craving
Looks like Mad Dogs is a great suggestion. If you are looking for something more portable-esque you want to look into the Senneheiser Momentum, Shure SRH-840/940, or the Sony MDR-1. All great headphones that sound warm, some more than others but all warm with great bass impact and lush mids.
You can find them on the FS forums for anywhere between 200-280, they are 300 brand new from Mrspeakers's website.
No where did he say he wants portable headphones. Also "portable" is relative to the person. The Amperiors or HD25, while being very good portables, aren't warm at all. The mids on both of them are somewhat neutral in comparison to say the Momentum or even the Mad Dog.
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Yggdrasil (Yggy) Silver/ 110V 9 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 27 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 40 seconds ago
- › Noob setup 40 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 58 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited (Price Dropped) 2 minutes ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 5 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3