No experience with the Heir, but currently own the CK100pro. It's pretty much near the top of the universals food chain in terms of technical ability - transparency, detail, speed, soundstage, all reference-class. Not really lacking in any sound department (bass is clean, quick and decently impactful for my tastes, but certainly not basshead level. Mids are transparent but not emphasized), with perhaps a slight treble tilt that you should be used to coming from CK10s. Build quality/isolation are solid - Audio-Technica premium product quality. The ER4 are very capable, but I think the CK100pro is worth the price premium if you are going for that type of sound.
Related Forum Threads
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 12/16/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Search of Something Different from the SE535LTD Last post on 7/23/12 at 7:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- westone star foam tips,best tips i have used Last post on 12/10/13 at 9:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Requesting advice on mid-range to high-end IEM's Last post on 12/13/13 at 2:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- My review of SE535 LTD - Not suitable for everyone/everyday use Last post on 12/10/13 at 12:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
HELP! CK100 PRO, Shure SE535, Heir 4ai, other recommendations !? - Page 2
Poll Results: Which one to Buy ? (>_ < )
28 Total Votes
39% (11)Audio Technica CK100PRO
17% (5)Shure SE535
7% (2)Heir 4ai
3% (1)Westone UM3x
14% (4)Westone 4
17% (5)Other Recommendations
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 203/25/13 at 6:36am
I think CK100Pro would be a fine replacement as long as you can tolerate some of what I feel is its "shortcomings" compared to CK10 -- For one, it suffers from a slight midbass hump -- Nothing too disturbing, but this is definitely a departure from CK10's ultra-linear bass, although as a trade-off, CK100Pro does have better low-end extension.
Regarding the treble tilt, CK100Pro shares CK10's familiar peak around 9k-10k region, but in CK100Pro's case the peak is much worse -- Not necessarily a bad thing, the peak does help with the perceived clarity and energy of CK100Pro -- But it might be disturbing for some. Then again if you are used to CK10 it shouldn't pose much of a problem.
Oh, and the biggest turn-off for me personally is comfort -- Gone is the tiny, disappear-in-your-ears shape of CK10 and CK100, and in comes the weird and clunky shape of CK100Pro -- AND SERIOUSLY WHAT'S WITH THE REVERSED, INCOMPATIBLE-WITH-OTHERS MMCX CONNECTOR? As far as I know only CK100Pro uses that kind of reversed MMCX connection; AT's insistence on using exclusive cable connection is still baffling to me.
But as Omnirai said, technicality wise CK100Pro is one fine IEM -- Clarity, Transient Speed, Instrument Separation are all excellent. And it really is well-built -- It feels like a $400+ IEM to the touch. Again, if you can tolerate the aforementioned shortcomings compared to CK10, you'll be hard-pressed to find better replacement for your CK10.
However, just to keep things interesting, I'd suggest j-phonic k2 sp - It's a well-tuned technically superb IEM with great top-to-bottom extension (for dual driver set-up), damn neutral and gobs of detail. It disappears in your ears too -- I'd say it's as comfortable as CK10 -- Not to mention that it's similarly priced to CK100Pro. One problem though; it's not widely available and you do have to go through a lot of effort to get it.
(Oh, and do note that opinions above is of course, personal, and what I heard is not necessarily what you might hear!)post #18 of 203/31/13 at 9:30amThread Starter
Thanks for the input guys/gals... After many sleepless nights and hours and hours spent on deciding which IEM to buy, I've just placed an order for the Audio Technica CK100 Pro
I would like to ask any CK100Pro users out there, what tips would you recommend ?
Thanks in Advance..
aHBee .post #19 of 207/6/13 at 1:54amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HELP! CK100 PRO, Shure SE535, Heir 4ai, other recommendations !?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series just now
- › Bottlehead Crack with Speedball and output caps upgrade 55 seconds ago
- › M50, HD558/598/Momentum or other (and possibly amp?) 1 minute ago
- › DT 880 Recable Help 2 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO3 Updates & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new closed headphones - HD600/Mad Dogs & HD700/?? 5 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 5 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2, plus comparisons (Added ER4S) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital