Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones (Good bass & sound quality)($300 limit)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Headphones (Good bass & sound quality)($300 limit)

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 

I'm looking for a pair of headphones that have good bass and sound quality. I listen to mostly electronic music such as house/filthstep/dubstep/hardstyle/trap and some rap. The most i can spend is $300(Refurbished or new only please)

post #2 of 16
Thread Starter 

Also I dont want headphones that require an amp. And sorry i just noticed the headphone recommendation thread.


Edited by xB14D3x - 3/17/13 at 7:37pm
post #3 of 16

By good bass do you mean boosted bass or neutral bass that's well detailed? If you want increased bass, the Ultrasone Pro 900's would be good. If you want a more neutral sound signature with a slight boost, the Mad Dogs and Sennheiser Momentum might work.

post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 

I want something with boosted bass, doesnt need an amp as this will be running on my phone or windows 8 tablet, and i want them to be closed ear. Also I want them to have an easily replaceable cable.


Edited by xB14D3x - 3/17/13 at 8:16pm
post #5 of 16

The Pro 900's are closed and the cable unscrews. As for amping, it's not quite as black and white as a headphone needing an amp or not needing one. Some headphones "scale" well, meaning that the better an amp you pair with it, the better they sound. Other headphones don't change that much with amping. But many headphones that are recommended to be amped sound pretty good without an amp; a Sennheiser HD800 unamped will certainly sound better than iBuds with an amp, despite it being one of those "absolutely need an amp" headphones.

 

My Pro 900's do sound pretty good without an amp, although they do improve with one. They're sensitive enough that you don't need to crank the volume all the way to get them loud enough, so I would not say that they absolutely need an amp. You could get them now and possibly upgrade them with an amp later. Also, they have a "fun" sound signature, which puts off a lot of audiophiles, but it sounds like they might work for you. A lot of people here want a neutral sound, or sometimes even a bass-light sound, especially at that price point. From what you've said, though, it looks like you're looking for something different.

post #6 of 16

DT770 (closed)

DT990 (open)

V-Moda M100

post #7 of 16

ive asked whats the best around 300 and people told me that the v moda m100 ones are the best for taht price and that prolly the one im going to get

post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealRice View Post

ive asked whats the best around 300 and people told me that the v moda m100 ones are the best for taht price and that prolly the one im going to get


The V-Moda M100 is a good "bassy" headphone, but that is about it. It is a great portable headphone, so if you are looking for a V shaped, portable headphone for a 300$ price range... then yes the M100 is probably one of the best.

post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post


The V-Moda M100 is a good "bassy" headphone, but that is about it. It is a great portable headphone, so if you are looking for a V shaped, portable headphone for a 300$ price range... then yes the M100 is probably one of the best.

so what would you say have the best audio overall for 300

post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealRice View Post

so what would you say have the best audio overall for 300


Well, it really depends on what sound you want, as well as other factors such as if you need portability, durability, if you care how they look, if you have an amp or are planning on getting one etc. Honestly, there isn't a best headphone overall at 300, it all depends on your preferences. If you come up with a list of things you want in a headphone, then we can help you.

post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post


Well, it really depends on what sound you want, as well as other factors such as if you need portability, durability, if you care how they look, if you have an amp or are planning on getting one etc. Honestly, there isn't a best headphone overall at 300, it all depends on your preferences. If you come up with a list of things you want in a headphone, then we can help you.

i just want good audio and im willing to get a small portable amp like the fiios e11 can you give me like a top 5 list, doesnt have to be in a specific order but it will help me cut down on my research

post #12 of 16
Of the headphones I've listened to...

M-100
Dt-1350
Mad dog modded Fisted T50RP
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealRice View Post

i just want good audio and im willing to get a small portable amp like the fiios e11 can you give me like a top 5 list, doesnt have to be in a specific order but it will help me cut down on my research


Okay, it looks like you want something easy to drive, that is at least somewhat portable, and has good overall sound. Not to specific but if I were to choose a top 5 here it is:

 

Mrspeakers Mad Dog (Alpha Pads+ Comfort Strap)

Denon AH-D2000

Beyerdynamic DT880 (Semi-open, not much noise isolation, weak noise leakage)

AKG 550/551

Sennheiser Momentum

 

Each has its own set of pros/cons, but they are probably some of the more popular headphones in that price range, with the characteristics of being portable/tranportable.

post #14 of 16

am using the beats pro.. just wanted to go for a new one.. Are Ultrasone Pro 900's better than Beats Pro? 

post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kspidey View Post

am using the beats pro.. just wanted to go for a new one.. Are Ultrasone Pro 900's better than Beats Pro? 

 

Without a doubt. They do everything better than the beats. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones (Good bass & sound quality)($300 limit)