I'm looking for a pair of headphones that have good bass and sound quality. I listen to mostly electronic music such as house/filthstep/dubstep/hardstyle/trap and some rap. The most i can spend is $300(Refurbished or new only please)
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/19/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/19/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/19/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/19/13
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/19/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Where do I go from here? Last post on 3/30/13 at 11:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a student on the go. Last post on 3/29/13 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help!!!! Sony MDR-1RBT or Audio Technica M50 or Sennheiser Momentum or V-Moda M-100 Last post on 10/12/13 at 6:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Between those 3 headphones which one is the best Last post on 2/27/13 at 5:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Best Headphones (Good bass & sound quality)($300 limit)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 163/17/13 at 7:34pmThread Starterpost #3 of 163/17/13 at 8:01pm
By good bass do you mean boosted bass or neutral bass that's well detailed? If you want increased bass, the Ultrasone Pro 900's would be good. If you want a more neutral sound signature with a slight boost, the Mad Dogs and Sennheiser Momentum might work.post #4 of 163/17/13 at 8:11pmThread Starter
I want something with boosted bass, doesnt need an amp as this will be running on my phone or windows 8 tablet, and i want them to be closed ear. Also I want them to have an easily replaceable cable.
Edited by xB14D3x - 3/17/13 at 8:16pmpost #5 of 163/17/13 at 8:40pm
The Pro 900's are closed and the cable unscrews. As for amping, it's not quite as black and white as a headphone needing an amp or not needing one. Some headphones "scale" well, meaning that the better an amp you pair with it, the better they sound. Other headphones don't change that much with amping. But many headphones that are recommended to be amped sound pretty good without an amp; a Sennheiser HD800 unamped will certainly sound better than iBuds with an amp, despite it being one of those "absolutely need an amp" headphones.
My Pro 900's do sound pretty good without an amp, although they do improve with one. They're sensitive enough that you don't need to crank the volume all the way to get them loud enough, so I would not say that they absolutely need an amp. You could get them now and possibly upgrade them with an amp later. Also, they have a "fun" sound signature, which puts off a lot of audiophiles, but it sounds like they might work for you. A lot of people here want a neutral sound, or sometimes even a bass-light sound, especially at that price point. From what you've said, though, it looks like you're looking for something different.post #6 of 163/17/13 at 9:08pmpost #7 of 163/20/13 at 12:09pmpost #8 of 163/20/13 at 12:15pmQuote:
The V-Moda M100 is a good "bassy" headphone, but that is about it. It is a great portable headphone, so if you are looking for a V shaped, portable headphone for a 300$ price range... then yes the M100 is probably one of the best.post #9 of 163/20/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
so what would you say have the best audio overall for 300post #10 of 163/20/13 at 12:32pm
Well, it really depends on what sound you want, as well as other factors such as if you need portability, durability, if you care how they look, if you have an amp or are planning on getting one etc. Honestly, there isn't a best headphone overall at 300, it all depends on your preferences. If you come up with a list of things you want in a headphone, then we can help you.post #11 of 163/20/13 at 12:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Greed
Well, it really depends on what sound you want, as well as other factors such as if you need portability, durability, if you care how they look, if you have an amp or are planning on getting one etc. Honestly, there isn't a best headphone overall at 300, it all depends on your preferences. If you come up with a list of things you want in a headphone, then we can help you.
i just want good audio and im willing to get a small portable amp like the fiios e11 can you give me like a top 5 list, doesnt have to be in a specific order but it will help me cut down on my researchpost #12 of 163/20/13 at 12:39pmpost #13 of 163/20/13 at 12:41pmQuote:
Okay, it looks like you want something easy to drive, that is at least somewhat portable, and has good overall sound. Not to specific but if I were to choose a top 5 here it is:
Mrspeakers Mad Dog (Alpha Pads+ Comfort Strap)
Beyerdynamic DT880 (Semi-open, not much noise isolation, weak noise leakage)
Each has its own set of pros/cons, but they are probably some of the more popular headphones in that price range, with the characteristics of being portable/tranportable.post #14 of 166/26/13 at 12:19pmpost #15 of 166/26/13 at 1:33pmQuote:
Without a doubt. They do everything better than the beats.
- Best Headphones (Good bass & sound quality)($300 limit)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 8 seconds ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Sony QUALIA 010 *LIKE NEW* ORIGINAL PACKAGING *size medium 43 seconds ago
- › **Sony ma900 with dual exit mod and Q Audio Cable** FS or trade for... 45 seconds ago
- › Sennhesier Momentum Over Ear *Price drop* 49 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Introduction Only, Due to Empty Wallet so any Recommendations Would... 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe