As the title suggests, I'm in the market for a new DAC/AMP.
Of course, there a couple features to consider, such as:
1. It has to be portable, no A/C power for this cookie.
2. I would prefer it to not be battery powered, or if so, the battery to be removable
3. Price is an issue, I need something cheap like sub-$100
4. Form factor: Dongle or usb-stick type is the best, though if it's small enough, I'll settle for less
5. Has to have USB input. Preferably without drivers, as I'll be using it in a windows 8 machine
6. Though not a necessity, I would like a mic input as well, to simplify things
Any help is greatly appreciated.
I've looked at products such as:
and all of them pan out in some way (except for the MUSE, which I can't really find many reviews/ impressions on)
Edited by HouseFoxx - 3/17/13 at 6:18pm