Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165 - Page 20

post #286 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


Why "boomy bass?" Why not good bass? I have two 18" sealed subs in my home audio setup, and they have massive bass. And it ain't boomy

 

I want the same amount of bass as the Crossfade Lp's, except turned down just a little.

post #287 of 736
Eq anyone?
post #288 of 736
Thread Starter 

I can say this now. I want a great sub-bass and mid bass, and I want to feel those wobbles in dubstep. Honestly, the mids and highs don't have to be that good, but decent. I want good comfort (especially on the headband, but good on the earpads too). Sub-$200 pls, ill stretch my  wallet to 210.

post #289 of 736
Thread Starter 

Anyone?

post #290 of 736
Sub Bass, XB1000 but its usually 300
Beyer CustomOnePro look good for dubstep, adjustable bass smily_headphones1.gif Or DT 770 ! FiioE11 with that can equal the most eargasmic bass ever biggrin.gif
post #291 of 736
Dt770 if you want closed
Dt990 if you want open. These are really bass monsters, with the added benefit of being open and detailed smily_headphones1.gif +1 on the e11 recommendation, youll need it for these. Turn up some RL grime and you'll be in heaven.
Tma-1's are also a good place to start as well if you want a more portable headphone.
post #292 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitek View Post

I can say this now. I want a great sub-bass and mid bass, and I want to feel those wobbles in dubstep. Honestly, the mids and highs don't have to be that good, but decent. I want good comfort (especially on the headband, but good on the earpads too). Sub-$200 pls, ill stretch my  wallet to 210.

S500!

post #293 of 736
Thread Starter 

I would get the COP's if they weren't that bulky, so that's kind of a problem for me. The DT770's are a possibility. I don't exactly want open headphones, since they leak ALOT.

 

I'm thinking about either the Skullcandy Crushers (Again, not the SkullCrushers), or the JVC-S500's. The Crushers have some reviews that say that the overall sound quality is great and is not muddled up by the bass, but yet there is still a boatload of bass. It's most likely because of the two-driver technology...? The JVC-S500's are still a good possibility. I heard that if you get the Sennheiser HD-25 Velour Pads, it will increase the midrange, but won't decrease the amount of bass. Also, do the JVC-S500s leak? If so, would a person that is 3 feet from you hear the music at all at 60% volume?

 

----------------------------

 

1. JVC-S500's

2. Beyerdynamic DT-770

3. SkullCandy Crushers

4. COP's

5. Sony XB500's

 

----------------------------

 

P.S. My source for music will be my laptop.

post #294 of 736
I owned a pair of the JVC S500 and they are excellent headphones for their price point. They have strong bass. But I think they are really overhyped when they get compared to $150 to $200 headphones.
post #295 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

I owned a pair of the JVC S500 and they are excellent headphones for their price point. They have strong bass. But I think they are really overhyped when they get compared to $150 to $200 headphones.

 

Interesting. Just now, I've changed my mind about the COP's. They will be fine, they are not as bulky as I imagined. But still, would they sound great with Dubstep...? normal_smile%20.gif

post #296 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitek View Post

 

Interesting. Just now, I've changed my mind about the COP's. They will be fine, they are not as bulky as I imagined. But still, would they sound great with Dubstep...? normal_smile%20.gif

 

I've been told that they're muddy and generally worse compared to the cheaper DT770s.

 

I might just end buying SRH840s anyway, my pro700mk2s broke.

post #297 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuman0101 View Post

 

I've been told that they're muddy and generally worse compared to the cheaper DT770s.

 

I might just end buying SRH840s anyway, my pro700mk2s broke.

 

Well, that's not the case according to this review... http://www.head-fi.org/t/633413/beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-review

post #298 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitek View Post

 

Well, that's not the case according to this review... http://www.head-fi.org/t/633413/beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-review

Quoting DemonFox, hope he doesnt mind.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

 

They look good feel good and sound... meh. lol 

 

Great detail and very clear but the bass is beyond muddy and very slow. Well as long as you keep the volume down they aren't that bad. And as long as you don't directly compare them to anything they'll sound great. Put them up against their big brothers the 770's and they'll lose every time! So worried about being portable and looking good they forgot to deal with the bottom end and make sure the bass ports worked correctly and didn't muddy up the sound. 

 

They do have better clarity than the q40's but if you want real bass that can actually get down with out clipping the q40's are the better option. 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

evil_smiley.gif

 

 

 

I'd take his word anyday considering that he owns 880s and 770s aswell. 

 

Plus other reviews on head-fi say similar things as well.

post #299 of 736
The DT770 have that best overall bass quantity/quality ! Really suggest them!
post #300 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuman0101 View Post

Quoting DemonFox, hope he doesnt mind.

 

 


 

 

 

I'd take his word anyday considering that he owns 880s and 770s aswell. 

 

Plus other reviews on head-fi say similar things as well.

 

Interesting... So the COP's still wouldn't sound as good as the DT770's with EDM?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165