- 25 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productNuforce HP-800tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- XB500/700 ALTERNATIVE ? Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's.. Last post on 2/13/13 at 12:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice needed Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass heavy over ear headphones!!!! QUALITY!!! $200 budget Last post on 3/26/13 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165 - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So what I see from the past posts is that once I get them, and if I don't like them out-of-the-box, I should use Electri-Q to EQ them. If they still don't satisfy my needs, I should either do burn-in or just return them.
Since the discussion went back to burn in I'll hop back in. Burn in won't drastically change the sound, and certainly not the overall sound signature. If you don't like them before burn-in, you're not going to like them afterwards. And as I said before, the V-Modas don't really benefit from burn-in.
EDIT: There are some cases of really high-end headphones needing some burn-in time, but no driver in headphones priced under $700 should drastically change after burn-in. Do I believe in burn-in? Absolutely, I've heard the difference myself. But it isn't, "Wow, I actually like these headphones!" after each burn in. It's subtle improvements.
Edited by wes008 - 3/29/13 at 3:47pm
It's not. If I like a headphone but think the treble is ever so slightly too grating, burn in will possibly help. I've never heard a burn in difference that changed anything more than like 2% of sound.
Edited by Ishcabible - 3/29/13 at 3:45pm
i dont know much about amps but are the z02 and e11 the most recommended amps for getting the most out of headphones? Do they make headphones sound louder or what do they do exactly? more bass?
So, all headphones/speakers need an amp. You might say, "well, I don't have an amp!" Actually, there are amps in any device you can plug headphones into. It's the amps job to power the headphones/speakers and take the analog signal from a DAC (digital audio convertor, turns your digital music into analog) or turntable and make it at an appropriate volume for listening. So if you have amps/dacs in your ipod, laptop, AV reciever, etc, why would you need another? Because the amps built into these devices are usually pretty bad. You want an (good) external amp to provide more/better power to your headphones, and to preserve the quality of audio coming out of the device. I highly recommend the E11 Getting a DAC is also a smart move. Fiio makes a nice DAC/amp combo unit called the E10.
- Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado Fan Club! 12 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 46 seconds ago
- › Volume difference between Left and Right speaker. AKG K3003i... 1 minute ago
- › Help finding headphones + amp + dac 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 1 minute ago
- › The all-purpose ultracapacitor-powered Vinnie Rossi LIO 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)