- 25 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productNuforce HP-800tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- XB500/700 ALTERNATIVE ? Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's.. Last post on 2/13/13 at 12:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice needed Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass heavy over ear headphones!!!! QUALITY!!! $200 budget Last post on 3/26/13 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165 - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So what I see from the past posts is that once I get them, and if I don't like them out-of-the-box, I should use Electri-Q to EQ them. If they still don't satisfy my needs, I should either do burn-in or just return them.
Since the discussion went back to burn in I'll hop back in. Burn in won't drastically change the sound, and certainly not the overall sound signature. If you don't like them before burn-in, you're not going to like them afterwards. And as I said before, the V-Modas don't really benefit from burn-in.
EDIT: There are some cases of really high-end headphones needing some burn-in time, but no driver in headphones priced under $700 should drastically change after burn-in. Do I believe in burn-in? Absolutely, I've heard the difference myself. But it isn't, "Wow, I actually like these headphones!" after each burn in. It's subtle improvements.
Edited by wes008 - 3/29/13 at 3:47pm
It's not. If I like a headphone but think the treble is ever so slightly too grating, burn in will possibly help. I've never heard a burn in difference that changed anything more than like 2% of sound.
Edited by Ishcabible - 3/29/13 at 3:45pm
i dont know much about amps but are the z02 and e11 the most recommended amps for getting the most out of headphones? Do they make headphones sound louder or what do they do exactly? more bass?
So, all headphones/speakers need an amp. You might say, "well, I don't have an amp!" Actually, there are amps in any device you can plug headphones into. It's the amps job to power the headphones/speakers and take the analog signal from a DAC (digital audio convertor, turns your digital music into analog) or turntable and make it at an appropriate volume for listening. So if you have amps/dacs in your ipod, laptop, AV reciever, etc, why would you need another? Because the amps built into these devices are usually pretty bad. You want an (good) external amp to provide more/better power to your headphones, and to preserve the quality of audio coming out of the device. I highly recommend the E11 Getting a DAC is also a smart move. Fiio makes a nice DAC/amp combo unit called the E10.
- Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 7/26/14 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 11 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 26 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 6 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed headphones under $200 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)