- 25 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productNuforce HP-800tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- XB500/700 ALTERNATIVE ? Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's.. Last post on 2/13/13 at 12:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice needed Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass heavy over ear headphones!!!! QUALITY!!! $200 budget Last post on 3/26/13 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165 - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So what I see from the past posts is that once I get them, and if I don't like them out-of-the-box, I should use Electri-Q to EQ them. If they still don't satisfy my needs, I should either do burn-in or just return them.
Since the discussion went back to burn in I'll hop back in. Burn in won't drastically change the sound, and certainly not the overall sound signature. If you don't like them before burn-in, you're not going to like them afterwards. And as I said before, the V-Modas don't really benefit from burn-in.
EDIT: There are some cases of really high-end headphones needing some burn-in time, but no driver in headphones priced under $700 should drastically change after burn-in. Do I believe in burn-in? Absolutely, I've heard the difference myself. But it isn't, "Wow, I actually like these headphones!" after each burn in. It's subtle improvements.
Edited by wes008 - 3/29/13 at 3:47pm
It's not. If I like a headphone but think the treble is ever so slightly too grating, burn in will possibly help. I've never heard a burn in difference that changed anything more than like 2% of sound.
Edited by Ishcabible - 3/29/13 at 3:45pm
i dont know much about amps but are the z02 and e11 the most recommended amps for getting the most out of headphones? Do they make headphones sound louder or what do they do exactly? more bass?
So, all headphones/speakers need an amp. You might say, "well, I don't have an amp!" Actually, there are amps in any device you can plug headphones into. It's the amps job to power the headphones/speakers and take the analog signal from a DAC (digital audio convertor, turns your digital music into analog) or turntable and make it at an appropriate volume for listening. So if you have amps/dacs in your ipod, laptop, AV reciever, etc, why would you need another? Because the amps built into these devices are usually pretty bad. You want an (good) external amp to provide more/better power to your headphones, and to preserve the quality of audio coming out of the device. I highly recommend the E11 Getting a DAC is also a smart move. Fiio makes a nice DAC/amp combo unit called the E10.
- Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 12 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 26 seconds ago
- › FS: Ultrasone ED8 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › New To Electronic Music, Recommendations And Genres? 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › Would a portable tube amp pair better with high impedance... 2 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 2 minutes ago
- › HELP! How to improve sound and mic quality? 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD 10.33 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)