- 24 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/21/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/21/13
- productNuforce HP-800tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/21/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- XB500/700 ALTERNATIVE ? Last post on 7/22/13 at 11:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 9/6/13 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's.. Last post on 2/13/13 at 12:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice needed Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass heavy over ear headphones!!!! QUALITY!!! $200 budget Last post on 3/26/13 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165 - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So what I see from the past posts is that once I get them, and if I don't like them out-of-the-box, I should use Electri-Q to EQ them. If they still don't satisfy my needs, I should either do burn-in or just return them.
Since the discussion went back to burn in I'll hop back in. Burn in won't drastically change the sound, and certainly not the overall sound signature. If you don't like them before burn-in, you're not going to like them afterwards. And as I said before, the V-Modas don't really benefit from burn-in.
EDIT: There are some cases of really high-end headphones needing some burn-in time, but no driver in headphones priced under $700 should drastically change after burn-in. Do I believe in burn-in? Absolutely, I've heard the difference myself. But it isn't, "Wow, I actually like these headphones!" after each burn in. It's subtle improvements.
Edited by wes008 - 3/29/13 at 3:47pm
It's not. If I like a headphone but think the treble is ever so slightly too grating, burn in will possibly help. I've never heard a burn in difference that changed anything more than like 2% of sound.
Edited by Ishcabible - 3/29/13 at 3:45pm
i dont know much about amps but are the z02 and e11 the most recommended amps for getting the most out of headphones? Do they make headphones sound louder or what do they do exactly? more bass?
So, all headphones/speakers need an amp. You might say, "well, I don't have an amp!" Actually, there are amps in any device you can plug headphones into. It's the amps job to power the headphones/speakers and take the analog signal from a DAC (digital audio convertor, turns your digital music into analog) or turntable and make it at an appropriate volume for listening. So if you have amps/dacs in your ipod, laptop, AV reciever, etc, why would you need another? Because the amps built into these devices are usually pretty bad. You want an (good) external amp to provide more/better power to your headphones, and to preserve the quality of audio coming out of the device. I highly recommend the E11 Getting a DAC is also a smart move. Fiio makes a nice DAC/amp combo unit called the E10.
- Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bass Rumble IEM? 19 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 33 seconds ago
- › Etymotic HF3 and HTC one? 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 1 minute ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe