- 25 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productNuforce HP-800tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- XB500/700 ALTERNATIVE ? Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the best hip-hop oriented headphones? Last post on 4/28/13 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OverEar cheap headphones details inside XB500's, V6's,, splurge for M50's.. Last post on 2/13/13 at 12:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice needed Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one word comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165 - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So what I see from the past posts is that once I get them, and if I don't like them out-of-the-box, I should use Electri-Q to EQ them. If they still don't satisfy my needs, I should either do burn-in or just return them.
Since the discussion went back to burn in I'll hop back in. Burn in won't drastically change the sound, and certainly not the overall sound signature. If you don't like them before burn-in, you're not going to like them afterwards. And as I said before, the V-Modas don't really benefit from burn-in.
EDIT: There are some cases of really high-end headphones needing some burn-in time, but no driver in headphones priced under $700 should drastically change after burn-in. Do I believe in burn-in? Absolutely, I've heard the difference myself. But it isn't, "Wow, I actually like these headphones!" after each burn in. It's subtle improvements.
Edited by wes008 - 3/29/13 at 3:47pm
It's not. If I like a headphone but think the treble is ever so slightly too grating, burn in will possibly help. I've never heard a burn in difference that changed anything more than like 2% of sound.
Edited by Ishcabible - 3/29/13 at 3:45pm
i dont know much about amps but are the z02 and e11 the most recommended amps for getting the most out of headphones? Do they make headphones sound louder or what do they do exactly? more bass?
So, all headphones/speakers need an amp. You might say, "well, I don't have an amp!" Actually, there are amps in any device you can plug headphones into. It's the amps job to power the headphones/speakers and take the analog signal from a DAC (digital audio convertor, turns your digital music into analog) or turntable and make it at an appropriate volume for listening. So if you have amps/dacs in your ipod, laptop, AV reciever, etc, why would you need another? Because the amps built into these devices are usually pretty bad. You want an (good) external amp to provide more/better power to your headphones, and to preserve the quality of audio coming out of the device. I highly recommend the E11 Getting a DAC is also a smart move. Fiio makes a nice DAC/amp combo unit called the E10.
- Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 6 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Balance Card for HIFI-ET MA8 MA9 Super Digital Audio Music Player 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 5 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 6 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2