Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) - Page 31

post #451 of 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post
 

 

+1.  Listening to Music in this environnement should be incredibly pleasant . You're a man of taste Quinto :beerchug:


Much appreciate that, cheers mate..:wink_face:

post #452 of 499

This is the set up at my PC:

 

post #453 of 499

^^ Certainly looks like you support your country's manufacturers very well!  Nice system!

post #454 of 499







My new system, placed on my new solid tech radius solo 3 rack with springloaded toplevel..the feet under the components were a real PITA to get right wink.gif
On pics is my custommade Blue Circle Audio 'PaG' headphone amp and a Referencesounds (built by our beloved LFF) Code-X headphone.

Ps..my apologies for the bad photo quality and the fingerprints on the glossy front sides of the amp...i had just be fiddling about to get these..beeep feet right for almost 2 hours wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 7/9/14 at 7:20pm
post #455 of 499

Here are some parts of the system.  Having fun with picture composition and angles etc.

 

 

Marten Bird 2 in a Cherry Burl Gloss finish, EAR 890 Monoblocks, Kubala Sosna Emotions Speaker cables, Mapleshade blocks.

 

 

VPI TNT 6 Hot Rod, Dynavector XV1S, JMW 12.5 arm, Rim Drive

 

 

EAR Dacute in a Stillpoints ESS Rack

 

 

Audio Desk Ultrasonic Vinyl Cleaner with a Sigur Ros album being cleaned.

 

 

EAR V12 integrated amp for a possible second system...


Edited by shaizada - 8/23/14 at 1:40am
post #456 of 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaizada View Post
 

Here are some parts of the system.  Having fun with picture composition and angles etc.

 

 

Marten Bird 2 in a Cherry Burl Gloss finish, EAR 890 Monoblocks, Kubala Sosna Emotions Speaker cables, Mapleshade blocks.

 

 

VPI TNT 6 Hot Rod, Dynavector XV1S, JMW 12.5 arm, Rim Drive

 

 

EAR Dacute in a Stillpoints ESS Rack

 

 

Audio Desk Ultrasonic Vinyl Cleaner with a Sigur Ros album being cleaned.

 

 

EAR V12 integrated amp for a possible second system...

:eek: C O O L   S T U F F

 

bet it sounds awesome :wink_face:

post #457 of 499

I think this thread stays dormant for months at a time because the owners of these nice systems were funded by selling their camera gear on eBay.  :p

post #458 of 499

Photos of my previous system and room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #459 of 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by isquirrel View Post
 

Photos of my previous system and room.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Very nice! How are you liking the Da Vinci?

post #460 of 499

Thanks for asking.

 

I am actually really frustrated ATM, I was staggered at how much better it sounded through the Woo 234's. I just cannot get the Studio Six to sound anything remotely close to them. I have tried messing around with various tubes, cables etc, but can't get close.

 

After hearing the Woo's they became a mandatory requirement. I can't help feeling that had ALO gone with balanced operation the amp would play better with high end equipment. It seems to impose its sonic signature on everything I have used it with.

 

I am disappointed because there's something very euphonic about the sound I just feel that the amp is capable of more.

 

The Woo's will be here next week so there are an early Christmas present from my partner. it doesn't get better in high audio than when your wife/partner enjoys it too.

 

I am using the dual light speed USB cable with the power leg pulled its quite a long cable 3.5M so that needs time to burn in. The DaVinci hangs occasionally when switching between DSD and PCM, I need to chase Light Harmonic re a firmware upgrade to sort that out.

 

The sound is very analog, that it what I was after. I have heard DAC's - think dCS Vivaldi that are a touch more resolving or should I say more edgy with detail. I find that fatiguing. The DaVinci I can listen for hours really getting into the music.

 

 

post #461 of 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by isquirrel View Post
 

Thanks for asking.

 

I am actually really frustrated ATM, I was staggered at how much better it sounded through the Woo 234's. I just cannot get the Studio Six to sound anything remotely close to them. I have tried messing around with various tubes, cables etc, but can't get close.

 

After hearing the Woo's they became a mandatory requirement. I can't help feeling that had ALO gone with balanced operation the amp would play better with high end equipment. It seems to impose its sonic signature on everything I have used it with.

 

I am disappointed because there's something very euphonic about the sound I just feel that the amp is capable of more.

 

The Woo's will be here next week so there are an early Christmas present from my partner. it doesn't get better in high audio than when your wife/partner enjoys it too.

 

I am using the dual light speed USB cable with the power leg pulled its quite a long cable 3.5M so that needs time to burn in. The DaVinci hangs occasionally when switching between DSD and PCM, I need to chase Light Harmonic re a firmware upgrade to sort that out.

 

The sound is very analog, that it what I was after. I have heard DAC's - think dCS Vivaldi that are a touch more resolving or should I say more edgy with detail. I find that fatiguing. The DaVinci I can listen for hours really getting into the music.

 

 

I am using the same Lightspeed cable atm....Huge soundstage with that cable. I am not surprised you are hearing the Studio 6 the way you are. it was built that way. It is also a nice tube rolling unit. I am surprised it does not have a balanced out considering how many of the ALO portables offer Balanced. As to the hanging while switching, I was asking Larry about the beep I keep hearing when switching from, say DSD128 to 24/192 and he said it was the trailing bits (three 0's) being read that way at the end of the file. It was an SACD thing. They may have to make an adjustment there to compensate. I just spent a week with their new Pulse and enjoyed it very much. The Lightspeed is amazing.

 

Congrats on a great set of gear. Keep the pics coming!

 

:beerchug:

 

Eric

post #462 of 499

Thanks, great that you are a fellow DaVinci owner! Was starting to think I was alone here.

 

Agree with your comments re ALO, I can understand the design choice given that there intention was to support multiple headphones maybe single ended was the only way to go.

 

My unit doesn't beep it just stops and won't switch to the new resolution. I have tried calling Light harmonic which has proved to impossible so far. I would like to contact Larry Ho and see if there is a solution. I am using A+

 

Do you have the Dual DAC version?

post #463 of 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by isquirrel View Post
 

Thanks, great that you are a fellow DaVinci owner! Was starting to think I was alone here.

 

Agree with your comments re ALO, I can understand the design choice given that there intention was to support multiple headphones maybe single ended was the only way to go.

 

My unit doesn't beep it just stops and won't switch to the new resolution. I have tried calling Light harmonic which has proved to impossible so far. I would like to contact Larry Ho and see if there is a solution. I am using A+

 

Do you have the Dual DAC version?

Not a DaVinci but a Pulse....I would love a Da Vinci but those Tuition bills for the kids keep getting in the way...:D

 

The Pulse has dual ESS9018's and it had no issue switching between various file or resolution types other than the beep which was a symptom of the file apparently. You may want to drop Larry an e-mail at Larry@lightharmonic.com and see if he has a suggestion. I found them very responsive to questions. I was able to spend some time with them at RMAF and really enjoyed the whole team.They are very passionate about audio quality. Larry is a tube guy actually and Their new Soul will have an optional tube output using a 6922.

 

I love the Wilson's Amazing speakers! I am running Vandersteen's. I have loved them for 30 years now.

post #464 of 499

@iSquirrel You had a pair of Wilson Audio Alexandrias in blue and red. Along with a pair of VTL Siegfried IIs and Audio Research Reference 750s. Not to mention all the other up line gear. Colour me envious. Heck if I manage to get Sashas someday I'll be pleased to death. Oh, and if you weren't aware, beautiful listening room. Brava!

post #465 of 499

Excellent I have been looking for Larry's email, thank you. I will get onto him I was wondering if the DAC will do higher than DSD 128, (not that it really matters) and to to see if there's a firmware update. Its maybe a A+ latency setting issue.

 

Those pesky kids.....

 

Good to hear Larry's a Tube guy, I have just rolled in a TS BG 6SN7 which has improved things over the RCA red base 5992. Looks like that will have to do until next week.

 

Dave can do no wrong in my books. I have learned so much from them. I will have some Alexia's here soon I am wondering how the Woo's will go driving them. They are 90dB/1W so I could be stretching the friendship there.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)