New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Htc One - Page 35

post #511 of 529

Fiio E18 is DAC and amp. Read up on it on the site or research USB OTG for other options.

post #512 of 529
I dug out my ancient Etymotic er6i iem's to try with the One. They sound absolutely fantastic with Beats on. Finally I have found a source that suits them. I think the beats circuitry lifts them, hey if it works!

I have tried these iem's with a Creative Zen, iPod 5g, iPhone 3GS, iPod shuffle, iPod nano and iPhone 4S and none of them came close, they sound fantastic. With the other sources they were always harsh in the highs, very forward in the mids and extremely bass light. Now the balance is spot on with great separation and imaging, the highs and mids are still forward but listenable and the bass is much more extended.

I have also used Sony XBA-2ip, V-Moda M-100 with the One and though both are good, neither has the transparency of the 6i. I wonder how the newer Etys would work, as one has headset functionality.
post #513 of 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogbellies View Post

I dug out my ancient Etymotic er6i iem's to try with the One. They sound absolutely fantastic with Beats on. Finally I have found a source that suits them. I think the beats circuitry lifts them, hey if it works!

I have tried these iem's with a Creative Zen, iPod 5g, iPhone 3GS, iPod shuffle, iPod nano and iPhone 4S and none of them came close, they sound fantastic. With the other sources they were always harsh in the highs, very forward in the mids and extremely bass light. Now the balance is spot on with great separation and imaging, the highs and mids are still forward but listenable and the bass is much more extended.

I have also used Sony XBA-2ip, V-Moda M-100 with the One and though both are good, neither has the transparency of the 6i. I wonder how the newer Etys would work, as one has headset functionality.

good hear overall the beats circuit kills the treble and blows up the bass. exactly what the etymotics need :bigsmile_face:

post #514 of 529

Hey guys,

 

I'm currently using the headphones that came with the phone. I find that they're pretty decent, but are there any  upgrades? I know the yamaha eph-100 gets mentioned a few times in this thread. What about the xiaomi pistons? 

post #515 of 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby1234 View Post

Hey guys,

I'm currently using the headphones that came with the phone. I find that they're pretty decent, but are there any  upgrades? I know the yamaha eph-100 gets mentioned a few times in this thread. What about the xiaomi pistons? 

The Piston's are a great match with the One. Other's with mic and good match are Fidelio S2, AKG k323xs and Monster Graditudes. Depends on where you live what you like and how much you're willing to spend.
post #516 of 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post


The Piston's are a great match with the One. Other's with mic and good match are Fidelio S2, AKG k323xs and Monster Graditudes. Depends on where you live what you like and how much you're willing to spend.

The AKG ones look good, and relatively cheap! Any other recommendations over stock iem upgrades that pair well with the One?

post #517 of 529

So am I correct to assume that usb audio out is not working for everyone else?

post #518 of 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyoo View Post
 

So am I correct to assume that usb audio out is not working for everyone else?

 

It worked when I used neutron player. Poweramp and stock apps did not send audio through usb out although

post #519 of 529
It also work with USB Audio Player Pro. I really like that player a lot.
post #520 of 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

It also work with USB Audio Player Pro. I really like that player a lot.

Thanks I'll be sure to check it out!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slntdth93 View Post
 

 

It worked when I used neutron player. Poweramp and stock apps did not send audio through usb out although

It use to work with poweramp before...do you have any idea if it's because of the app update or the latest firmware update? I know of Neutron but I just like everything about poweramp so much I haven't been able to try out a different player.

post #521 of 529

Hi,

Sorry if it has been posted already ...but: has anyone installed Rockbox on their HTC One?

 

Thanks.

post #522 of 529

Hey there, anyone has paired their HTC One (*+poweramp) with the Amperiors? I'm asking because I haven't found another combination that I like as much as that one. I tried Sansa clip+ and zip and hated it. I guess it's a poweramp thing. Any recommendations? I'm running out of space in my phone so I wanted to see if there's another combination that will come close to that one or even better. I wanna keep my Amperior though, thanks in advance!

post #523 of 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
 

For those serious about audio, id highly suggest you look into flashing the viperfx audio mod.

 

It has more features than i know what to do with, transformed my FXZ200's making them more open with a bit more sparkle, tamed the bass to my liking as well.

 

The mod comes as an option on the insert coin rom, so makes life a bit easier.

 

Either way it's breathed new life into my htc one.

 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2279766

Great tip and I thank you. I installed Viperfx and it is a great mod! I use it with the clarity setting on 6 and it brings my new Beyer DT1350s to life. Also great for boosting the speaker volume.

 

This app is had become one of my favorite mods ever and makes the HTC One an amazing portable source imo.

post #524 of 529
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by samtheman View Post
 

Great tip and I thank you. I installed Viperfx and it is a great mod! I use it with the clarity setting on 6 and it brings my new Beyer DT1350s to life. Also great for boosting the speaker volume.

 

This app is had become one of my favorite mods ever and makes the HTC One an amazing portable source imo.

 

 

I've moved on since then.

 

I'm running the whole viper rom and loving it even more.

You get a full eq and quite a few other tweaks to play with along with sense 6.

 

But obviously if you're happy i too would be wary about changing things.

 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2334294

post #525 of 529

I have been running multitudes of tests between the stock headphones of HTC One, a pair of Sennheiser MM70s, a pair of Soundmagic E10s and a pair of Philips Fidelio S1s, which are all considered to be excellent earphones by various sources. Here is my verdict:

 

The SoundMAGIC E10 were hurting my ears due to the very large and sharpely edged metallic housing of the headphones. Other than that, they sounded excellent for such a cheap earphone but the discomfort and lack of headset button meant no go for me.

 

The S1 would have been the better sounding earphone of the three and have a beautiful design and excellent cable, but are however *open* which means sounds leaking to and from the environment. That is unfortunately unacceptable for me as I really dislike when people around me spam the air with their music and I don't want to be one of them. Also, the strange shallow fit of these headphones meant even less isolation, but however the sound quality did not diminish. Excellent if you use earphones in your apartment or you don't care if you bother anyone.

 

The MM70s were a sheer disappointment, I couldn't find anything to like about these earphones, neither build quality nor sound quality. I guess the supplied pouch was a nice...

 

Now, to the stock headphones of the One. These things are AMAZING. For something that costs 5 bucks on the market, these earphones have outstanding sound quality, excellent isolation, a nice tangle-less flat cable, button and mic and a nice design as well. The one problem I see with them is that there is no strain relief on the end of the chord, which might lead to their unfortunate demise. I already had a pair fail on the 6 month mark, but it was promptly replaced by HTC. All and all, I sent all the other three headphones back and decided to stay happy with the stock ones. And I'm a really picky guy!

 

There is a metallic housing earphone by HTC called the e240 which might be sounding even better. Has anyone tried that one?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear