Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Amp or DAC/amp capable of +5V out for phone charging?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp or DAC/amp capable of +5V out for phone charging?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Are there any decent ones?

 

It would be extremely convenient to only have a single brick in my pocket instead of carrying around two separate devices, three if you count the micro UD100 DAC.

post #2 of 9

Well, if you have an iPhone, V-Modas cases provide an amp, DAC, and battery. Pricey though-I believe they list at $600. Available for 4-4s-5.

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 

Nope, not an apple fan...

post #4 of 9

The VERZA is universal and not just for iDevices you know.

post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

The VERZA is universal and not just for iDevices you know.

True. I believe it will work with any USB cable, but for docking to it to make it more convenient, you need an iPhone or a GS3.

post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender323 View Post

True. I believe it will work with any USB cable, but for docking to it to make it more convenient, you need an iPhone or a GS3.

For now, I am sure there will be more Metallo case for other devices in the future.  And yes it works with anything including your computer.

post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

For now, I am sure there will be more Metallo case for other devices in the future.  And yes it works with anything including your computer.

Of course, they will almost certainly release a GS4 case. I've seen no indication that they will branch out to BB or WP though-I don't even know if that's possible.

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender323 View Post

Of course, they will almost certainly release a GS4 case. I've seen no indication that they will branch out to BB or WP though-I don't even know if that's possible.

Very true, and that's why when things are going I will try to see if there is a way to make an universal case/dock for it.

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Very true, and that's why when things are going I will try to see if there is a way to make an universal case/dock for it.

Probably could just buy a case for your device, glue/velcro/duallock it to the Verza, and get a really short cable.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Amp or DAC/amp capable of +5V out for phone charging?