Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread - Page 32

post #466 of 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwindham08 View Post

Ugh...mine is waiting for a base. I emailed them 2 weeks ago and they said that wouldn't be a problem.

 

Hope they manage to get some made pretty soon.

Sorry.  Hang in there though.  It'll be worth the wait.

post #467 of 1867

It is great to see everyone either receiving their Taboo or watching it move up the chart! 

 

beerchug.gif

post #468 of 1867

I've been watching this thread for awhile now and I've been thinking about 

trying a tube amp for my lcd 2's, but want to make sure its a good 
choice. Is there any other recommendations for a tube amp, I should
check-out before getting the Taboo.
post #469 of 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1109 View Post

I've been watching this thread for awhile now and I've been thinking about 

trying a tube amp for my lcd 2's, but want to make sure its a good 
choice. Is there any other recommendations for a tube amp, I should
check-out before getting the Taboo.

 

I have been using Burson Soloist (or Burson Conductor if you're after an all in one) with great success - it's a fantastic amp for the Audeze. Saying that, I also have an order on the Taboo, but have not heard it as I don't have that option.

post #470 of 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1109 View Post

I've been watching this thread for awhile now and I've been thinking about 

trying a tube amp for my lcd 2's, but want to make sure its a good 
choice. Is there any other recommendations for a tube amp, I should
check-out before getting the Taboo.

I ran the lcd2's with the woo audio wa2 but it was a poor match.

Of course the wa2 wasn't built with the lcd2's in mind.

 

Having said that I have read somewhere on headfi about others 

enjoying the woo audio wa6-se and the lcd2's

post #471 of 1867

I want this amp so badly. Decware amps look incredible.


Edited by jeust0999 - 5/2/13 at 5:41pm
post #472 of 1867
dave1109, it's impossible to be certain giving different preferences and ears, but Taboo II - the one replaced by the III - is definitely a good choice IMO, and it seems clear the III is only better.

Have you checked out Frank I's original Taboo thread?

As you'll know from the LCD2-amp thread, DefQon thinks highly of the LD Mk 6 (IIRC?) amp.

One of our group recently migrated to the Eddie Current Balancing Act, describing it as "beautiful". Near 3 x the price though eek.gif

I guess the most useful thing to say is the advantage of tube-amps is you can tune them to suit you. Taboo is one of the more tuneable IMO. One can achieve neutral, or different kinds of emphasis as desired. Uber-expensive tubes not required.
post #473 of 1867

I saw Frank's review had a quick mention of the LCD3.

 

Any Taboo III owners out there using the LCD3 also? Wondering about your impressions.

post #474 of 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post

I saw Frank's review had a quick mention of the LCD3.

 

Any Taboo III owners out there using the LCD3 also? Wondering about your impressions.

There may be someone with that combo, but there are only about 25 of the Taboo MK III's in the wild now....

post #475 of 1867
I can't speak from experience as I do not own the LCD2 or 3, but I would think that the Audezes would benefit from the 2 different lucid modes' soundstage expansion. I am sure that they sound great on it, as that is the headphone used by steve to create the MK3 Taboo.
post #476 of 1867

I decided to upgrade my Headroom Micro DAC so I yesterday morning (after months of research and contemplation), I ordered a Wyred4Sound DAC-2.  Wyred4Sound is a couple hours from where I live so I expected it to arrive soon- like Monday or Tuesday if all went well.  Well, I was wrong.  I'm listening to it now.  Talk about speedy service.

 

The Wyred4Sound DAC-2 works well with the Decware Taboo MKIII.

post #477 of 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPR8R View Post

I decided to upgrade my Headroom Micro DAC so I yesterday morning (after months of research and contemplation), I ordered a Wyred4Sound DAC-2.  Wyred4Sound is a couple hours from where I live so I expected it to arrive soon- like Monday or Tuesday if all went well.  Well, I was wrong.  I'm listening to it now.  Talk about speedy service.

 

The Wyred4Sound DAC-2 works well with the Decware Taboo MKIII.

I do love the combination too! I am a big W4S DAC-2 fan!

post #478 of 1867
I don't know if I will ever be able to convince myself to spend that much on a DAC, but it does sound like a beast! Congrats.
post #479 of 1867
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I do love the combination too! I am a big W4S DAC-2 fan!

 

 

I expected to have to suffer through hours of harshness while it burns in.  Right out of the box it's smoother than my last DAC.  This thing is supposed to get better with a few hundred hours?  I'm already glad I went for it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmantx View Post

I don't know if I will ever be able to convince myself to spend that much on a DAC, but it does sound like a beast! Congrats.

 

For months I wondered that about myself.  I guess I know now smily_headphones1.gif.  I hope you don't suffer the same fate.


Edited by OPR8R - 5/3/13 at 1:40pm
post #480 of 1867
I understand the w4s has some drive and energy? Unlike the more deadpan anedio i've 99% decided on. Good to hear it matches the taboo :-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread