Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread - Page 13

post #181 of 1851
Of course, where does my imaginary DAC fit into the equation. I am struggling to figure the best way to configure everything. I want to still have my Home Theater capabilities, but the Onkyo 702 receiver is not my desired choice ATM to pair with the Pendragons for music (though I won't know for sure until I compare) I really want to tie this all together with my CSP and Taboo, but I am confused. The DAC is only stereo, so the Apple TV will then be only used for music duty, which will be ok by me.

So, From iMac to AppleTV via wireless stream to DAC via optical out (monoprice cable) from AppleTV to CSP (headphone out to future Senny800) via Decware interconnect out to Taboo (Headphone LCD 2 or 3 & Mad Dog) via Decware interconnect to Tekton Pendragon via 12 guage speaker wire from Monoprice.

That is my current endgame ATM. But I have to figure out how to not disrupt my 7.1 home theater configuration.I wish there were two inputs on the Pendragons, that might make it a smidge easier to figure out.

To make it even more complicated I just bought 2 outdoor speakers to listen to on the patio, and I need to have it hooked up to the appleTV so I can control what music plays via my iPad on the patio. Maybe I will just plug them into the Taboo outs when I am outdoors.

What a pain. Now I know why I am stuck.
post #182 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDee View Post

To add a small piece of personal experience, I've been surprised how good both my T1 and Grado RS1 sound with the Taboo. I still prefer the CSP2, but definitely miss what lucid mode does for both these phones.

 

 

Agreed on the Grado + Taboo synergy. I only briefly owned the Taboo MKII but wow did it make my Grado SR-225i's pop w/lucid mode. Great pairing!

post #183 of 1851
Jazzerdave and Lloyd - well, 1 watt Steve told Frank... You guys were closer than me!

Landmantx - I see your problem!! Good luck. Maybe over in the decware forum someone has an idea?
post #184 of 1851
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmantx View Post

Of course, where does my imaginary DAC fit into the equation. I am struggling to figure the best way to configure everything. I want to still have my Home Theater capabilities, but the Onkyo 702 receiver is not my desired choice ATM to pair with the Pendragons for music (though I won't know for sure until I compare) I really want to tie this all together with my CSP and Taboo, but I am confused. The DAC is only stereo, so the Apple TV will then be only used for music duty, which will be ok by me.

So, From iMac to AppleTV via wireless stream to DAC via optical out (monoprice cable) from AppleTV to CSP (headphone out to future Senny800) via Decware interconnect out to Taboo (Headphone LCD 2 or 3 & Mad Dog) via Decware interconnect to Tekton Pendragon via 12 guage speaker wire from Monoprice.

That is my current endgame ATM. But I have to figure out how to not disrupt my 7.1 home theater configuration.I wish there were two inputs on the Pendragons, that might make it a smidge easier to figure out.

To make it even more complicated I just bought 2 outdoor speakers to listen to on the patio, and I need to have it hooked up to the appleTV so I can control what music plays via my iPad on the patio. Maybe I will just plug them into the Taboo outs when I am outdoors.

What a pain. Now I know why I am stuck.

I suggest you rethink your cable solution. Monoprice interconnects and speaker cable will bottleneck your music. I used their interconnect and lost all the openness of the system and replaced them rathe quickly. I would go to audiogon and check out some used cables for the system.  It is important to get better cables to realize what your system will be able to do. Kimber and  Audioquest have good entry level cable in thir lineup. Audio Advisor is also another good place to purchase cables. In my experience cables do make a big difference.

post #185 of 1851

What are your thoughts on usb cables?

 

I have some audioquest RCA cables that I will use to connect my dac to the taboo

but just a regular usb cable for PC to DAC hookup.

post #186 of 1851
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwindham08 View Post

What are your thoughts on usb cables?

 

I have some audioquest RCA cables that I will use to connect my dac to the taboo

but just a regular usb cable for PC to DAC hookup.

I dont use USB cables from even my old day using separate dac's with coaxial digital cables the cables made a difference so I would also use a better USB cable and actually will need one shortly for another review I will be doing so I need to seek some quality USB cable out.

post #187 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwindham08 View Post

What are your thoughts on usb cables?

 

I have some audioquest RCA cables that I will use to connect my dac to the taboo

but just a regular usb cable for PC to DAC hookup.

I dont use USB cables from even my old day using separate dac's with coaxial digital cables the cables made a difference so I would also use a better USB cable and actually will need one shortly for another review I will be doing so I need to seek some quality USB cable out.

I am using an Audioquest Cinnamon usb cable. They have an entry level one called the Forest that is pretty inexpensive.

post #188 of 1851
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I am using an Audioquest Cinnamon usb cable. They have an entry level one called the Forest that is pretty inexpensive.

Thanks Eric. How do you like the Cinnamon the post on amazon are not favorable and I seen the Forrest music direct is selling inexpensively. I have one uSB cable in house real inexpensive will see what that does and get a couple of better cables. i am a couple week away from getting that product but I do have a few  reives lined up thta will require a USB cable,

post #189 of 1851
I've been looking at the cinnamon as well. Mainly just because it is red like my audioquest rca cables!

Of course anything is gonna be better than what I am using currently.
post #190 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I am using an Audioquest Cinnamon usb cable. They have an entry level one called the Forest that is pretty inexpensive.

Thanks Eric. How do you like the Cinnamon the post on amazon are not favorable and I seen the Forrest music direct is selling inexpensively. I have one uSB cable in house real inexpensive will see what that does and get a couple of better cables. i am a couple week away from getting that product but I do have a few  reives lined up thta will require a USB cable,

Can't speak for anyone else, but the cinnamon does the job for me.....The Forest worked fine too for a road cable.

post #191 of 1851

Great responses guys. I know longbow spent some time with the DM945s and enjoyed them. Anyone else have any experience with them? 

 

I think the most I will be able to swing for speakers would be $1000-1500. Looking at monitors/bookshelves (I live in a small space).

 

Great thread here, really enjoying the discussion.

post #192 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAsTMode4MVP View Post

Great responses guys. I know longbow spent some time with the DM945s and enjoyed them. Anyone else have any experience with them? 

 

I think the most I will be able to swing for speakers would be $1000-1500. Looking at monitors/bookshelves (I live in a small space).

 

Great thread here, really enjoying the discussion.

 

I have to plug the Blumenstein Orcas. Running them from a Decware amp now (and awaiting my Taboo). They sound awesome. 

post #193 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNelly View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAsTMode4MVP View Post

Great responses guys. I know longbow spent some time with the DM945s and enjoyed them. Anyone else have any experience with them? 

 

I think the most I will be able to swing for speakers would be $1000-1500. Looking at monitors/bookshelves (I live in a small space).

 

Great thread here, really enjoying the discussion.

 

I have to plug the Blumenstein Orcas. Running them from a Decware amp now (and awaiting my Taboo). They sound awesome. 

How is the low end on the Orca's? That is a small single driver.

post #194 of 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

How is the low end on the Orca's? That is a small single driver.

It's not exactly knocking my fillings loose, but it's actually a bit better than I expected. I'm using them in a near field setup, so I don't have a lot of room to move them forward or backwards, but even a few extra inches out from the wall really changes the sound. Mine are new, and I'm still waiting on stands, but even "as is" they sound positively holographic with the Decware amp.

post #195 of 1851
There's a matching sub which doubles as a stand, yes?

Looking forward to more impressions on their sound as you get more time with them MoNelly
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread