- 2 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-moda M-100, ATH-A900X, AKG K550 , Denon AH-D5000/2000, MrSpeakers Mad Dog, Ultrasone... Last post on 1/19/13 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:11 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Any good headphones for Rap/Hip Hop/Other Genres? Last post on 2/14/13 at 7:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What do you think about Grado PS500 ? (Only if you have it .. please) Last post on 2/4/13 at 1:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
Lack of Good headphones with integrated subwoofers?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To be blunt, good headphones don't have 'integrated subwoofers' .
There are a few headphones however that produce very clear thunderous bass, but most on headfi wouldn't recommend using any of them for mixing/mastering or any sort of music creation.
Also most of them are over your price limit. For example the Denon AH-D5000 (no longer in production).
For that price, and the absolute most bass, you might want to get a modded Fostex T50rp.
There might be someone on headfi who can do the bare-minimum of damping modifications to bring out thunderous bass for little money.
- do some headfi searched on the following:
- Mad Dog by Mr Speakers
- Thunderpants (expensive, but worth a look for ideas)
If you're handy with a screwdriver you might even be able to modify them yourself.
There really arent headphones with subwoofers in them (that would require two seperate drivers in each ear cup). There are headphones that produce a lot of bass, such as the m-audio q40 which is under 150$. But since you said you were producing, you would probably want neutral headphones that dont have emphasis on bass. That way the tunes you're making would have a proper amount of bass, because if the headphones you are using are bass heavy, the beat you make will sound bassy to you, but in reality it is not that bassy.
Maybe he's talking about Headphones that have an Amp built-in? Like the Beats and stuff like that? I can't imagine anyone actually thinking that there are Headphones with Subwoofers built-in ...
Edited by bareyb - 3/20/13 at 3:33pm
But if someone did make a pair with "subwoofers," I'd bet they'd sell well to the uninformed consumer. Actually, they could just throw whatever they wanted in there and claim they're subwoofers; the kind of consumer who buys Beats will soak up and take to heart any marketing lies the advertisers can think of.
The only thing that might come close to what the OP want is the Pioneer Steez 808 SE-MJ751i.
It has two drivers, a 30mm for mids and highs and a 40mm for the lows
Edited by RoMee - 3/20/13 at 5:01pm
Why are these not listed in the Basshead can list?
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
True. I've never heard of them. They sound kind of cool. Any idea how they sound?
UPDATE: Well, they cost $60.00 List... So that probably answers my question...
Edited by bareyb - 3/20/13 at 6:02pm
So I recently got into this whole audiophile thing because I produce rap beats. I wanted to get a random pair of headphones that had a subwoofer on so I checked Klipsch, Sennheiser, Ultrasone, and Denon and even SkullCandy. From my research I see a huge lack of these headphones in the industry. Then again I am new so if anyone can correct me that wouldd be nice. I was also wanting to look at cheap headphones from like 150 dollars down that had a subwoofer and decent sound quality. I don't know if subwoofer bass is that significantly different from another headphone's bass without one. I feel like the only HUGE difference is that you FEEL it with a subwoofer. If there any headphones with subwoofers or even other headphones which have amazing bass compared to to the cans with the subwoofer, if that makes any sense. I have been researching this for awhile and also go easy on me, VERY new to this community. Cheers my friends!
Modded Hifiman HE500's are one example where you'll feel the pressure in your ears. They're expensive (worth every penny too) though.
Some of the deepest bass you'll hear is from IEM's. Nuforce NE600's are very hard to beat @ $35 a pair.
Headphones will not reproduce the 'feel it in Your body' sensation because the driver does not have the surface area to move that amount of air required and also, the drivers are alongside your ear. However, you should be able to get a good representation of the bass in your rap music with HP's.
- Lack of Good headphones with integrated subwoofers?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 46 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Sennhaisser HD 598 DAC amp 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 3 minutes ago
- › Has anyone uses/used IsoClean audio-grade fuses? 3 minutes ago
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)