- 2 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-moda M-100, ATH-A900X, AKG K550 , Denon AH-D5000/2000, MrSpeakers Mad Dog, Ultrasone... Last post on 1/19/13 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Any good headphones for Rap/Hip Hop/Other Genres? Last post on 2/14/13 at 7:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What do you think about Grado PS500 ? (Only if you have it .. please) Last post on 2/4/13 at 1:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep headphone Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Lack of Good headphones with integrated subwoofers?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To be blunt, good headphones don't have 'integrated subwoofers' .
There are a few headphones however that produce very clear thunderous bass, but most on headfi wouldn't recommend using any of them for mixing/mastering or any sort of music creation.
Also most of them are over your price limit. For example the Denon AH-D5000 (no longer in production).
For that price, and the absolute most bass, you might want to get a modded Fostex T50rp.
There might be someone on headfi who can do the bare-minimum of damping modifications to bring out thunderous bass for little money.
- do some headfi searched on the following:
- Mad Dog by Mr Speakers
- Thunderpants (expensive, but worth a look for ideas)
If you're handy with a screwdriver you might even be able to modify them yourself.
There really arent headphones with subwoofers in them (that would require two seperate drivers in each ear cup). There are headphones that produce a lot of bass, such as the m-audio q40 which is under 150$. But since you said you were producing, you would probably want neutral headphones that dont have emphasis on bass. That way the tunes you're making would have a proper amount of bass, because if the headphones you are using are bass heavy, the beat you make will sound bassy to you, but in reality it is not that bassy.
Maybe he's talking about Headphones that have an Amp built-in? Like the Beats and stuff like that? I can't imagine anyone actually thinking that there are Headphones with Subwoofers built-in ...
Edited by bareyb - 3/20/13 at 3:33pm
But if someone did make a pair with "subwoofers," I'd bet they'd sell well to the uninformed consumer. Actually, they could just throw whatever they wanted in there and claim they're subwoofers; the kind of consumer who buys Beats will soak up and take to heart any marketing lies the advertisers can think of.
The only thing that might come close to what the OP want is the Pioneer Steez 808 SE-MJ751i.
It has two drivers, a 30mm for mids and highs and a 40mm for the lows
Edited by RoMee - 3/20/13 at 5:01pm
Why are these not listed in the Basshead can list?
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
True. I've never heard of them. They sound kind of cool. Any idea how they sound?
UPDATE: Well, they cost $60.00 List... So that probably answers my question...
Edited by bareyb - 3/20/13 at 6:02pm
So I recently got into this whole audiophile thing because I produce rap beats. I wanted to get a random pair of headphones that had a subwoofer on so I checked Klipsch, Sennheiser, Ultrasone, and Denon and even SkullCandy. From my research I see a huge lack of these headphones in the industry. Then again I am new so if anyone can correct me that wouldd be nice. I was also wanting to look at cheap headphones from like 150 dollars down that had a subwoofer and decent sound quality. I don't know if subwoofer bass is that significantly different from another headphone's bass without one. I feel like the only HUGE difference is that you FEEL it with a subwoofer. If there any headphones with subwoofers or even other headphones which have amazing bass compared to to the cans with the subwoofer, if that makes any sense. I have been researching this for awhile and also go easy on me, VERY new to this community. Cheers my friends!
Modded Hifiman HE500's are one example where you'll feel the pressure in your ears. They're expensive (worth every penny too) though.
Some of the deepest bass you'll hear is from IEM's. Nuforce NE600's are very hard to beat @ $35 a pair.
Headphones will not reproduce the 'feel it in Your body' sensation because the driver does not have the surface area to move that amount of air required and also, the drivers are alongside your ear. However, you should be able to get a good representation of the bass in your rap music with HP's.
- Lack of Good headphones with integrated subwoofers?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 7 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] - UDac3 - Good things do come in small packages 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 5 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 6 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 7 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob