- 6 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-moda M-100, ATH-A900X, AKG K550 , Denon AH-D5000/2000, MrSpeakers Mad Dog, Ultrasone... Last post on 1/19/13 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 11:17 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheaper Denon D5000 Substitute? Last post on 5/7/13 at 9:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dog owners............were you once a basshead? Because I gotta know how you... Last post on 2/25/13 at 3:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Lack of Good headphones with integrated subwoofers?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To be blunt, good headphones don't have 'integrated subwoofers' .
There are a few headphones however that produce very clear thunderous bass, but most on headfi wouldn't recommend using any of them for mixing/mastering or any sort of music creation.
Also most of them are over your price limit. For example the Denon AH-D5000 (no longer in production).
For that price, and the absolute most bass, you might want to get a modded Fostex T50rp.
There might be someone on headfi who can do the bare-minimum of damping modifications to bring out thunderous bass for little money.
- do some headfi searched on the following:
- Mad Dog by Mr Speakers
- Thunderpants (expensive, but worth a look for ideas)
If you're handy with a screwdriver you might even be able to modify them yourself.
There really arent headphones with subwoofers in them (that would require two seperate drivers in each ear cup). There are headphones that produce a lot of bass, such as the m-audio q40 which is under 150$. But since you said you were producing, you would probably want neutral headphones that dont have emphasis on bass. That way the tunes you're making would have a proper amount of bass, because if the headphones you are using are bass heavy, the beat you make will sound bassy to you, but in reality it is not that bassy.
Maybe he's talking about Headphones that have an Amp built-in? Like the Beats and stuff like that? I can't imagine anyone actually thinking that there are Headphones with Subwoofers built-in ...
Edited by bareyb - 3/20/13 at 3:33pm
But if someone did make a pair with "subwoofers," I'd bet they'd sell well to the uninformed consumer. Actually, they could just throw whatever they wanted in there and claim they're subwoofers; the kind of consumer who buys Beats will soak up and take to heart any marketing lies the advertisers can think of.
The only thing that might come close to what the OP want is the Pioneer Steez 808 SE-MJ751i.
It has two drivers, a 30mm for mids and highs and a 40mm for the lows
Edited by RoMee - 3/20/13 at 5:01pm
Why are these not listed in the Basshead can list?
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
True. I've never heard of them. They sound kind of cool. Any idea how they sound?
UPDATE: Well, they cost $60.00 List... So that probably answers my question...
Edited by bareyb - 3/20/13 at 6:02pm
So I recently got into this whole audiophile thing because I produce rap beats. I wanted to get a random pair of headphones that had a subwoofer on so I checked Klipsch, Sennheiser, Ultrasone, and Denon and even SkullCandy. From my research I see a huge lack of these headphones in the industry. Then again I am new so if anyone can correct me that wouldd be nice. I was also wanting to look at cheap headphones from like 150 dollars down that had a subwoofer and decent sound quality. I don't know if subwoofer bass is that significantly different from another headphone's bass without one. I feel like the only HUGE difference is that you FEEL it with a subwoofer. If there any headphones with subwoofers or even other headphones which have amazing bass compared to to the cans with the subwoofer, if that makes any sense. I have been researching this for awhile and also go easy on me, VERY new to this community. Cheers my friends!
Modded Hifiman HE500's are one example where you'll feel the pressure in your ears. They're expensive (worth every penny too) though.
Some of the deepest bass you'll hear is from IEM's. Nuforce NE600's are very hard to beat @ $35 a pair.
Headphones will not reproduce the 'feel it in Your body' sensation because the driver does not have the surface area to move that amount of air required and also, the drivers are alongside your ear. However, you should be able to get a good representation of the bass in your rap music with HP's.
- Lack of Good headphones with integrated subwoofers?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 25 seconds ago
- › Headphones around $200 CAD 1 minute ago
- › AKG K240 Sextett--Grado'd AKG? 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › How to play dsd files??? 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › ATH AD700 or Alessandro MS1 6 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)