- 10 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-moda M-100, ATH-A900X, AKG K550 , Denon AH-D5000/2000, MrSpeakers Mad Dog, Ultrasone... Last post on 1/19/13 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 7:12 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheaper Denon D5000 Substitute? Last post on 5/7/13 at 9:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Dog owners............were you once a basshead? Because I gotta know how you... Last post on 2/25/13 at 3:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
REMEMBER! No elitists aloud here. Headphones are objects with personality! The richest people can enjoy the cheapest headphone just because it provides the sound he's looking for, has the highs...
Lack of Good headphones with integrated subwoofers?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To be blunt, good headphones don't have 'integrated subwoofers' .
There are a few headphones however that produce very clear thunderous bass, but most on headfi wouldn't recommend using any of them for mixing/mastering or any sort of music creation.
Also most of them are over your price limit. For example the Denon AH-D5000 (no longer in production).
For that price, and the absolute most bass, you might want to get a modded Fostex T50rp.
There might be someone on headfi who can do the bare-minimum of damping modifications to bring out thunderous bass for little money.
- do some headfi searched on the following:
- Mad Dog by Mr Speakers
- Thunderpants (expensive, but worth a look for ideas)
If you're handy with a screwdriver you might even be able to modify them yourself.
There really arent headphones with subwoofers in them (that would require two seperate drivers in each ear cup). There are headphones that produce a lot of bass, such as the m-audio q40 which is under 150$. But since you said you were producing, you would probably want neutral headphones that dont have emphasis on bass. That way the tunes you're making would have a proper amount of bass, because if the headphones you are using are bass heavy, the beat you make will sound bassy to you, but in reality it is not that bassy.
Maybe he's talking about Headphones that have an Amp built-in? Like the Beats and stuff like that? I can't imagine anyone actually thinking that there are Headphones with Subwoofers built-in ...
Edited by bareyb - 3/20/13 at 3:33pm
But if someone did make a pair with "subwoofers," I'd bet they'd sell well to the uninformed consumer. Actually, they could just throw whatever they wanted in there and claim they're subwoofers; the kind of consumer who buys Beats will soak up and take to heart any marketing lies the advertisers can think of.
The only thing that might come close to what the OP want is the Pioneer Steez 808 SE-MJ751i.
It has two drivers, a 30mm for mids and highs and a 40mm for the lows
Edited by RoMee - 3/20/13 at 5:01pm
Why are these not listed in the Basshead can list?
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
True. I've never heard of them. They sound kind of cool. Any idea how they sound?
UPDATE: Well, they cost $60.00 List... So that probably answers my question...
Edited by bareyb - 3/20/13 at 6:02pm
So I recently got into this whole audiophile thing because I produce rap beats. I wanted to get a random pair of headphones that had a subwoofer on so I checked Klipsch, Sennheiser, Ultrasone, and Denon and even SkullCandy. From my research I see a huge lack of these headphones in the industry. Then again I am new so if anyone can correct me that wouldd be nice. I was also wanting to look at cheap headphones from like 150 dollars down that had a subwoofer and decent sound quality. I don't know if subwoofer bass is that significantly different from another headphone's bass without one. I feel like the only HUGE difference is that you FEEL it with a subwoofer. If there any headphones with subwoofers or even other headphones which have amazing bass compared to to the cans with the subwoofer, if that makes any sense. I have been researching this for awhile and also go easy on me, VERY new to this community. Cheers my friends!
Modded Hifiman HE500's are one example where you'll feel the pressure in your ears. They're expensive (worth every penny too) though.
Some of the deepest bass you'll hear is from IEM's. Nuforce NE600's are very hard to beat @ $35 a pair.
Headphones will not reproduce the 'feel it in Your body' sensation because the driver does not have the surface area to move that amount of air required and also, the drivers are alongside your ear. However, you should be able to get a good representation of the bass in your rap music with HP's.
- Lack of Good headphones with integrated subwoofers?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 18 seconds ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 31 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 39 seconds ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 5 minutes ago
- › Best pair of headphones for Under 200? 5 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by iitime
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2