Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Will the Violectric V200 become obsolete for Sennheiser HD800 when using Benchmark DAC2 HGC? Last post on 6/3/14 at 10:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 5/9/14 at 2:21am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comparison and thoughts btw Benchmark DAC2 HGC and Burson Conductor Last post on 3/26/14 at 7:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix X-Sabre vs Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 3/1/14 at 7:41pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Amp recommendations for Grado PS1000 + Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 2/1/14 at 4:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
The best looking DACs - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
At a lower price point, the Auralic Vega is a nice looking unit, IMO.
Audio-gd made a few of these brushed aluminum phoenix chasses. They dropped it because it was harder to make and wasn't as popular as the black cases of all audio-gd gear, and it doesn't match with other stuff as well as black cases. I know it's not a dac, but if things turned out differently, maybe audio-gd gear would be silver instead of all black like they are now :p. As for your question of what will endure, I think in the future a lot of aluminum cases would be brushed simply because it is friendlier to the environment, and box shape is utilitarian and timeless.
This is from my wish list thread:
dCS Vivaldi Digital Playback System ($108,496)
(Includes CD/SACD transport, DAC, upsampler, and master clock. I have a fantasy of getting one in black for a private headphone room and another in silver to use in a speaker room for friends and parties.)
Light Harmonic Da Vinci Dual DAC (grey) ($31,000)
MSB Technology Diamond DAC IV select (matte black) ($74,950)
Woo Audio WDS-1 (silver) ($1,199)
I really like the simplistic but elegant look of the Concero DAC. It just looks so sweet.
Unfortunately I can't say the same about the Resonessence Invicta which looks not so good imo.
Picture not mine though.
Edited by amigastar - 8/3/14 at 2:34pm
Believe it or not, this is the first compact stealth black DAC/amp I appreciate aesthetically.
I have always been a fan of the sound and look of Jeff Rowland gear...The only Jeff Rowland Gear I own right now are the monoblock amps for my home speakers. They are faceted 360 (everywhere and drop dead gorgeous)
Edited by M Coupe - 8/7/14 at 7:01pm
- The best looking DACs
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › What do you prefer Sony Pulse Elite or Beats Studio 2.0 for Bass? 1 minute ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 replacement headband options 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)