Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Will the Violectric V200 become obsolete for Sennheiser HD800 when using Benchmark DAC2 HGC? Last post on 6/3/14 at 10:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 5/9/14 at 2:21am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comparison and thoughts btw Benchmark DAC2 HGC and Burson Conductor Last post on 3/26/14 at 7:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix X-Sabre vs Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 3/1/14 at 7:41pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Amp recommendations for Grado PS1000 + Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 2/1/14 at 4:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
The best looking DACs - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
At a lower price point, the Auralic Vega is a nice looking unit, IMO.
Audio-gd made a few of these brushed aluminum phoenix chasses. They dropped it because it was harder to make and wasn't as popular as the black cases of all audio-gd gear, and it doesn't match with other stuff as well as black cases. I know it's not a dac, but if things turned out differently, maybe audio-gd gear would be silver instead of all black like they are now :p. As for your question of what will endure, I think in the future a lot of aluminum cases would be brushed simply because it is friendlier to the environment, and box shape is utilitarian and timeless.
This is from my wish list thread:
dCS Vivaldi Digital Playback System ($108,496)
(Includes CD/SACD transport, DAC, upsampler, and master clock. I have a fantasy of getting one in black for a private headphone room and another in silver to use in a speaker room for friends and parties.)
Light Harmonic Da Vinci Dual DAC (grey) ($31,000)
MSB Technology Diamond DAC IV select (matte black) ($74,950)
Woo Audio WDS-1 (silver) ($1,199)
I really like the simplistic but elegant look of the Concero DAC. It just looks so sweet.
Unfortunately I can't say the same about the Resonessence Invicta which looks not so good imo.
Picture not mine though.
Edited by amigastar - 8/3/14 at 2:34pm
Believe it or not, this is the first compact stealth black DAC/amp I appreciate aesthetically.
I have always been a fan of the sound and look of Jeff Rowland gear...The only Jeff Rowland Gear I own right now are the monoblock amps for my home speakers. They are faceted 360 (everywhere and drop dead gorgeous)
Edited by M Coupe - 8/7/14 at 7:01pm
- The best looking DACs
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 9 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Creative Omni - No option to balance speakers connected / random... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Tralucent DacAmp One... 2 minutes ago
- › Just got my HD600-portable amp recommendations? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing budget gaming headphones 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)