Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 4/15/15 at 3:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Grace Design m920 vs Benchmark DAC2 HGC?? Last post on 4/8/15 at 8:42pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Will the Violectric V200 become obsolete for Sennheiser HD800 when using Benchmark DAC2 HGC? Last post on 6/3/14 at 10:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 5/9/14 at 2:21am in High-end Audio Forum
- Purchasing LCD-X Amp DAC Suggestions. Last post on 5/31/14 at 11:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
The best looking DACs - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
At a lower price point, the Auralic Vega is a nice looking unit, IMO.
Audio-gd made a few of these brushed aluminum phoenix chasses. They dropped it because it was harder to make and wasn't as popular as the black cases of all audio-gd gear, and it doesn't match with other stuff as well as black cases. I know it's not a dac, but if things turned out differently, maybe audio-gd gear would be silver instead of all black like they are now :p. As for your question of what will endure, I think in the future a lot of aluminum cases would be brushed simply because it is friendlier to the environment, and box shape is utilitarian and timeless.
This is from my wish list thread:
dCS Vivaldi Digital Playback System ($108,496)
(Includes CD/SACD transport, DAC, upsampler, and master clock. I have a fantasy of getting one in black for a private headphone room and another in silver to use in a speaker room for friends and parties.)
Light Harmonic Da Vinci Dual DAC (grey) ($31,000)
MSB Technology Diamond DAC IV select (matte black) ($74,950)
Woo Audio WDS-1 (silver) ($1,199)
I really like the simplistic but elegant look of the Concero DAC. It just looks so sweet.
Unfortunately I can't say the same about the Resonessence Invicta which looks not so good imo.
Picture not mine though.
Edited by amigastar - 8/3/14 at 2:34pm
Believe it or not, this is the first compact stealth black DAC/amp I appreciate aesthetically.
I have always been a fan of the sound and look of Jeff Rowland gear...The only Jeff Rowland Gear I own right now are the monoblock amps for my home speakers. They are faceted 360 (everywhere and drop dead gorgeous)
Edited by M Coupe - 8/7/14 at 7:01pm
- The best looking DACs
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 vs. AKG Q701; is the HD650 worth getting? 2 minutes ago
- › WTS Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 Ohm 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH750DJ headphones appreciation thread. 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphones Barely Used Mint! 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone? 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2