Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Will the Violectric V200 become obsolete for Sennheiser HD800 when using Benchmark DAC2 HGC? Last post on 6/3/14 at 10:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 5/9/14 at 2:21am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comparison and thoughts btw Benchmark DAC2 HGC and Burson Conductor Last post on 3/26/14 at 7:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix X-Sabre vs Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 3/1/14 at 7:41pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Amp recommendations for Grado PS1000 + Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 2/1/14 at 4:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
The best looking DACs - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
At a lower price point, the Auralic Vega is a nice looking unit, IMO.
Audio-gd made a few of these brushed aluminum phoenix chasses. They dropped it because it was harder to make and wasn't as popular as the black cases of all audio-gd gear, and it doesn't match with other stuff as well as black cases. I know it's not a dac, but if things turned out differently, maybe audio-gd gear would be silver instead of all black like they are now :p. As for your question of what will endure, I think in the future a lot of aluminum cases would be brushed simply because it is friendlier to the environment, and box shape is utilitarian and timeless.
This is from my wish list thread:
dCS Vivaldi Digital Playback System ($108,496)
(Includes CD/SACD transport, DAC, upsampler, and master clock. I have a fantasy of getting one in black for a private headphone room and another in silver to use in a speaker room for friends and parties.)
Light Harmonic Da Vinci Dual DAC (grey) ($31,000)
MSB Technology Diamond DAC IV select (matte black) ($74,950)
Woo Audio WDS-1 (silver) ($1,199)
I really like the simplistic but elegant look of the Concero DAC. It just looks so sweet.
Unfortunately I can't say the same about the Resonessence Invicta which looks not so good imo.
Picture not mine though.
Edited by amigastar - 8/3/14 at 2:34pm
Believe it or not, this is the first compact stealth black DAC/amp I appreciate aesthetically.
I have always been a fan of the sound and look of Jeff Rowland gear...The only Jeff Rowland Gear I own right now are the monoblock amps for my home speakers. They are faceted 360 (everywhere and drop dead gorgeous)
Edited by M Coupe - 8/7/14 at 7:01pm
- The best looking DACs
- › HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the... 9 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 16 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 29 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › National Audio Show UK 2014 - Brief Photo Tour 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)