i just tried the westone 4r and i really like its lush thick sweet sound. But i find them uncomfortable, fiddly. Also i would like a bit more bass extension and a little less thump. Any suggestions in an alternative.
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 4/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Choose Westone W40 or W4R or UM PRO 30 or UM3XRC Last post on 6/29/14 at 9:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost Westone 4r Right Driver! Last post on 7/19/14 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Accidentally Dipped Westone 4r in water. Last post on 6/19/14 at 4:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear / IEMS comparable to Westone 4R? Last post on 6/19/14 at 11:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- so I lost my W4R...replacement earphone Last post on 5/19/14 at 8:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
universal iem like westone 4r, more comfort, more extension
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Honestly IEMs with W4's shape is as comfy as it gets in my opinion. -- Unless you dislike over-the-ear cabling and prefer to run your cable straight down.
Sound wise I can only think of Sony EX-1000 -- it's definitely got deeper bass extension than W4 in my opinion -- but I doubt it's any more comfortable than W4.
In that case I think EarSonics SM3v2 will be right up your alley sound-wise -- But it has similar form factor to W4 lol.
- universal iem like westone 4r, more comfort, more extension
- › Westone 3 (W3) + BTG Audio Removeable Cable Mod + BTG Audio... 47 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 50 seconds ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 57 seconds ago
- › Looking for a Headset for classical music 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › DAC Utilize Sound Card 1 minute ago
- › HD800s with portable AMP/DAC for iMac 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)