Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread Last post on 7/26/13 at 5:32pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on Yesterday at 12:22 pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Need help deciding on an amp ASAP!!! Last post on 10/4/13 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 9/7/13 at 10:36pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread - Page 6post #76 of 3024/15/13 at 4:17pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 3024/15/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
Thanks for the input, much appreciated but how about the input, like from the Iphone to the Dac?post #78 of 3024/16/13 at 2:32pmpost #79 of 3024/16/13 at 3:25pmpost #80 of 3024/16/13 at 5:13pm
I was in Best Denki (Best Electric) in their headphone section a couple of days ago. I wanted to try the revised Sony XBA line and the TOTL ATs. My (trans)portable rig is the Fostex HP-P1 going to the Pico Power. The result with both ranges of IEMs, which are known to have issues with amps for varying reasons, was excellent. I generally dislike the AT dynamic IEMs due to excessive brightness and poor rendering of percussion, but the former was less of an issue and the latter not a problem at all with the Pico Power.post #81 of 3024/16/13 at 7:18pmpost #82 of 3024/17/13 at 3:31amQuote:
I thought Jude mentioned on an episode of headfi tv that to use a Dac and Dac only the cypher algorithm solo would be a better choice for portability becos of its slightly slimmer profile.post #83 of 3024/17/13 at 8:47amI have them both. Both are great with the PP. Different presentations. Fostex sparkles more and can sound more dynamic and Solo is smoother. Going from a long listen to Solo though, the Fostex can sound grainy and a little unnatural. Can't go wrong with either. Fostex nice to have the amp if needed, Solo a little more compact profile.post #84 of 3024/17/13 at 6:57pmQuote:I agree... Fostex and solo have their own sound signature, it depend on what we want to choose to hear...Originally Posted by dallan
I have them both. Both are great with the PP. Different presentations. Fostex sparkles more and can sound more dynamic and Solo is smoother. Going from a long listen to Solo though, the Fostex can sound grainy and a little unnatural. Can't go wrong with either. Fostex nice to have the amp if needed, Solo a little more compact profile.
Back to pico, im sure now i really want to have it one 😊post #85 of 3024/21/13 at 8:56pmI want to share about the rechargeable battery for use with pico power as follow
The best SQ use Duracell 9 volt , but the price is expensive
For the rechargeable battery this 9 volt from eBay SQ is second best after Duracellpost #86 of 3024/24/13 at 5:16am
With full sized headphones the l3 is still a better choice over pp. Dynamics is noticeably better, overall sound is also fuller and more desktop like on the l3 even without the llp. However pp beats sr71a with ease. Tried HD800 and LCD2 and prefer l3>pp>71a. If size does not bother you get the l3, otherwise pp is a better choice.post #87 of 3024/24/13 at 6:57amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by klfl
With full sized headphones the l3 is still a better choice over pp. Dynamics is noticeably better, overall sound is also fuller and more desktop like on the l3 even without the llp. However pp beats sr71a with ease. Tried HD800 and LCD2 and prefer l3>pp>71a. If size does not bother you get the l3, otherwise pp is a better choice.
Sorry but the Lisa 3 is not a "portable amp". Not even close .post #88 of 3024/24/13 at 7:37amQuote:
Woow 680mah!!! That will make the amp longer run. For the sq try maha imedion 9.6v, it give more power than other batteries. I used it for my L3 and really make the amp better sq..post #89 of 3024/24/13 at 8:37am
I'd have to agree. The Lisa 3, is far from a portable amp. The thing is larger than some desktop amps, no one would want to carry that thing around. Technically it could be "transportable", but based on the footprint the PP seems to be hard to beat. Plus, the Lisa 3 is extremely expensive for what you are getting IMO.
Edited by Greed - 4/24/13 at 8:40ampost #90 of 3024/24/13 at 8:39amQuote:
Also can someone explain to me how a different battery can change the overall sound quality of this amp? I'm trying to understand how the batteries would make a difference. Thanks
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 seconds ago
- › Need help for the best "closed" or "semi-closed' over ear for... 32 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 40 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 50 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100 *CHARGER ONLY* 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 4 minutes ago
- › Hiss when playing 24 bit files through computer and headphones? 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi