Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread Last post on 7/26/13 at 5:32pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread - Page 6post #76 of 3334/15/13 at 4:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 3334/15/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
Thanks for the input, much appreciated but how about the input, like from the Iphone to the Dac?post #78 of 3334/16/13 at 2:32pmpost #79 of 3334/16/13 at 3:25pmpost #80 of 3334/16/13 at 5:13pm
I was in Best Denki (Best Electric) in their headphone section a couple of days ago. I wanted to try the revised Sony XBA line and the TOTL ATs. My (trans)portable rig is the Fostex HP-P1 going to the Pico Power. The result with both ranges of IEMs, which are known to have issues with amps for varying reasons, was excellent. I generally dislike the AT dynamic IEMs due to excessive brightness and poor rendering of percussion, but the former was less of an issue and the latter not a problem at all with the Pico Power.post #81 of 3334/16/13 at 7:18pmpost #82 of 3334/17/13 at 3:31amQuote:
I thought Jude mentioned on an episode of headfi tv that to use a Dac and Dac only the cypher algorithm solo would be a better choice for portability becos of its slightly slimmer profile.post #83 of 3334/17/13 at 8:47amI have them both. Both are great with the PP. Different presentations. Fostex sparkles more and can sound more dynamic and Solo is smoother. Going from a long listen to Solo though, the Fostex can sound grainy and a little unnatural. Can't go wrong with either. Fostex nice to have the amp if needed, Solo a little more compact profile.post #84 of 3334/17/13 at 6:57pmQuote:I agree... Fostex and solo have their own sound signature, it depend on what we want to choose to hear...Originally Posted by dallan
I have them both. Both are great with the PP. Different presentations. Fostex sparkles more and can sound more dynamic and Solo is smoother. Going from a long listen to Solo though, the Fostex can sound grainy and a little unnatural. Can't go wrong with either. Fostex nice to have the amp if needed, Solo a little more compact profile.
Back to pico, im sure now i really want to have it one 😊post #85 of 3334/21/13 at 8:56pmI want to share about the rechargeable battery for use with pico power as follow
The best SQ use Duracell 9 volt , but the price is expensive
For the rechargeable battery this 9 volt from eBay SQ is second best after Duracellpost #86 of 3334/24/13 at 5:16am
With full sized headphones the l3 is still a better choice over pp. Dynamics is noticeably better, overall sound is also fuller and more desktop like on the l3 even without the llp. However pp beats sr71a with ease. Tried HD800 and LCD2 and prefer l3>pp>71a. If size does not bother you get the l3, otherwise pp is a better choice.post #87 of 3334/24/13 at 6:57amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by klfl
With full sized headphones the l3 is still a better choice over pp. Dynamics is noticeably better, overall sound is also fuller and more desktop like on the l3 even without the llp. However pp beats sr71a with ease. Tried HD800 and LCD2 and prefer l3>pp>71a. If size does not bother you get the l3, otherwise pp is a better choice.
Sorry but the Lisa 3 is not a "portable amp". Not even close .post #88 of 3334/24/13 at 7:37amQuote:
Woow 680mah!!! That will make the amp longer run. For the sq try maha imedion 9.6v, it give more power than other batteries. I used it for my L3 and really make the amp better sq..post #89 of 3334/24/13 at 8:37am
I'd have to agree. The Lisa 3, is far from a portable amp. The thing is larger than some desktop amps, no one would want to carry that thing around. Technically it could be "transportable", but based on the footprint the PP seems to be hard to beat. Plus, the Lisa 3 is extremely expensive for what you are getting IMO.
Edited by Greed - 4/24/13 at 8:40ampost #90 of 3334/24/13 at 8:39amQuote:
Also can someone explain to me how a different battery can change the overall sound quality of this amp? I'm trying to understand how the batteries would make a difference. Thanks
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 2 minutes ago
- › Best Isolation Amongst Listed Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 8 minutes ago
- › SUPRA Headphones - NITRO & HALO 9 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 10 minutes ago
- › Will a Fiio X3 adequately drive the Hifiman HE 500 or should i go... 10 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude