- 2,024 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread Last post on 7/26/13 at 5:32pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depending on where the switch is placed in the feedback, middle position will be either low or high
I have no idea if they are the best but Shoshine are reasonably priced (here in China) and they do a great job.
I have one for my airsoft, it works well.
imedion sounds have issue of qc, however provides 9.6V power. With 2 will be 19.2, which means a little bit more power than Shoshine.
To drive the headphone, I am trying to get as much power as I can though I don't prefer desk amp...
After doing some research, if cost doesn't matter iPower's Li-ploymer 9V would be probably the best choice...
Still wondering if it is necessary to upgrade my pico amp to pico power so that I can drive my HD600?
I have both and the Pico power is a huge upgrade for full sized headphones.
Edited by dallan - 3/21/14 at 10:14am
thx, I am considering to get one. However, however my budget will be tight if I want to get iPower rechargable Li-ploymer battery. May I ask what batteries do you use for your Pico Power?
I did that for a while with the Stepdance but the cost adds up. The Soshines are an inexpensive one time purchase and I am saving a lot of money. I wonder why I waited so long.
this is where i get the 9V duracells i include with the amp. with shipping, depending on location in the U.S., on the min order of 12 batteries its $1.9 to $2 per battery
it comes out to about 5 cents per hour to run the amp this way
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › fiio x5 e12 combo 13 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 30 seconds ago
- › Step up from K240. 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Best android phone for audio: Wolfson DAC only? 2 minutes ago
- › iTunes $25 Gift Card 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)