- 2,024 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread Last post on 7/26/13 at 5:32pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depending on where the switch is placed in the feedback, middle position will be either low or high
I have no idea if they are the best but Shoshine are reasonably priced (here in China) and they do a great job.
I have one for my airsoft, it works well.
imedion sounds have issue of qc, however provides 9.6V power. With 2 will be 19.2, which means a little bit more power than Shoshine.
To drive the headphone, I am trying to get as much power as I can though I don't prefer desk amp...
After doing some research, if cost doesn't matter iPower's Li-ploymer 9V would be probably the best choice...
Still wondering if it is necessary to upgrade my pico amp to pico power so that I can drive my HD600?
I have both and the Pico power is a huge upgrade for full sized headphones.
Edited by dallan - 3/21/14 at 10:14am
thx, I am considering to get one. However, however my budget will be tight if I want to get iPower rechargable Li-ploymer battery. May I ask what batteries do you use for your Pico Power?
I did that for a while with the Stepdance but the cost adds up. The Soshines are an inexpensive one time purchase and I am saving a lot of money. I wonder why I waited so long.
this is where i get the 9V duracells i include with the amp. with shipping, depending on location in the U.S., on the min order of 12 batteries its $1.9 to $2 per battery
it comes out to about 5 cents per hour to run the amp this way
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 17 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › InEar StageDiver 2S 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › What would give me the best sound for Microlab solo 6c 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 5 minutes ago
- › Hey from DC, Starting HFi Journey, 1K or less 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)