- 2,017 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread Last post on 7/26/13 at 5:32pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depending on where the switch is placed in the feedback, middle position will be either low or high
I have no idea if they are the best but Shoshine are reasonably priced (here in China) and they do a great job.
I have one for my airsoft, it works well.
imedion sounds have issue of qc, however provides 9.6V power. With 2 will be 19.2, which means a little bit more power than Shoshine.
To drive the headphone, I am trying to get as much power as I can though I don't prefer desk amp...
After doing some research, if cost doesn't matter iPower's Li-ploymer 9V would be probably the best choice...
Still wondering if it is necessary to upgrade my pico amp to pico power so that I can drive my HD600?
I have both and the Pico power is a huge upgrade for full sized headphones.
Edited by dallan - 3/21/14 at 10:14am
thx, I am considering to get one. However, however my budget will be tight if I want to get iPower rechargable Li-ploymer battery. May I ask what batteries do you use for your Pico Power?
I did that for a while with the Stepdance but the cost adds up. The Soshines are an inexpensive one time purchase and I am saving a lot of money. I wonder why I waited so long.
this is where i get the 9V duracells i include with the amp. with shipping, depending on location in the U.S., on the min order of 12 batteries its $1.9 to $2 per battery
it comes out to about 5 cents per hour to run the amp this way
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2359glenn | studio 23 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Dac for home use with sony Amplifier and pc-laptop 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)