- 2,024 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread Last post on 7/26/13 at 5:32pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depending on where the switch is placed in the feedback, middle position will be either low or high
I have no idea if they are the best but Shoshine are reasonably priced (here in China) and they do a great job.
I have one for my airsoft, it works well.
imedion sounds have issue of qc, however provides 9.6V power. With 2 will be 19.2, which means a little bit more power than Shoshine.
To drive the headphone, I am trying to get as much power as I can though I don't prefer desk amp...
After doing some research, if cost doesn't matter iPower's Li-ploymer 9V would be probably the best choice...
Still wondering if it is necessary to upgrade my pico amp to pico power so that I can drive my HD600?
I have both and the Pico power is a huge upgrade for full sized headphones.
Edited by dallan - 3/21/14 at 10:14am
thx, I am considering to get one. However, however my budget will be tight if I want to get iPower rechargable Li-ploymer battery. May I ask what batteries do you use for your Pico Power?
I did that for a while with the Stepdance but the cost adds up. The Soshines are an inexpensive one time purchase and I am saving a lot of money. I wonder why I waited so long.
this is where i get the 9V duracells i include with the amp. with shipping, depending on location in the U.S., on the min order of 12 batteries its $1.9 to $2 per battery
it comes out to about 5 cents per hour to run the amp this way
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 32 seconds ago
- › Need help with a gaming headset 32 seconds ago
- › Looking for: Better airplane/portable Closed back Over-Ears 50 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Steven Wilson album in February! 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3