How much battery life are you guys getting with NiMH? I cheaped out and am paying the price with crappy battery life.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread Last post on 7/26/13 at 5:32pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got slightly over 30 hours with my Maximal 8.4 volt Li-ion batteries.
Ouch... I'm getting roughly 20 hours with the 9.6V
I'll report back after I test a fresh charged pair.
You may have a bad battery. Which brand are you currently using right now?
Anything above 20 hours are plenty enough IMO.
Just order a black one now cant wait. Considering doing a RWAK100s mod has anyone tried this combo power & rwak100s? I know the mod is kinda new so im hoping someone here has tried this out already :)
Does Justin have the black in stock? I thought he only had the grey...
If so, I may order another one for a friend. The wait will be quite awhile, since a fresh batch just released last week, so be prepared for that.
yes. i'm not advertising black in stock because there's not too many, so they'll sell anyway even with the advertised 4-6 weeks. no impulse buys that way
Okay so the battery actually lasts a lot longer than I thought, measured yesterday at around 13 hours. I think I wasn't charging the batteries correctly or something.
I also have a question, the red LED turned off yesterday but the amp still had battery life (about 1.5 hours after the light went out the batteries died). Is that supposed to be the low battery warning? It turned back on with fresh batteries.
the LED will turn off when the batteries dip below 12v or about 6v per cell
and 13 hour battery life would indicate a battery capacity of about 190mah, which is probably average for cheap NiMH batteries but there are ones available with much higher capacity
Edited by justin w. - 6/25/13 at 3:14pm
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 55 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › Damping Mechanical Resonance Distortion of STAX phones with... 1 minute ago
- › Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming) 2 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 7 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 10 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2