How much battery life are you guys getting with NiMH? I cheaped out and am paying the price with crappy battery life.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread Last post on 7/26/13 at 5:32pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp to receiver? Last post on 12/14/13 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got slightly over 30 hours with my Maximal 8.4 volt Li-ion batteries.
Ouch... I'm getting roughly 20 hours with the 9.6V
I'll report back after I test a fresh charged pair.
You may have a bad battery. Which brand are you currently using right now?
Anything above 20 hours are plenty enough IMO.
Just order a black one now cant wait. Considering doing a RWAK100s mod has anyone tried this combo power & rwak100s? I know the mod is kinda new so im hoping someone here has tried this out already :)
Does Justin have the black in stock? I thought he only had the grey...
If so, I may order another one for a friend. The wait will be quite awhile, since a fresh batch just released last week, so be prepared for that.
yes. i'm not advertising black in stock because there's not too many, so they'll sell anyway even with the advertised 4-6 weeks. no impulse buys that way
Okay so the battery actually lasts a lot longer than I thought, measured yesterday at around 13 hours. I think I wasn't charging the batteries correctly or something.
I also have a question, the red LED turned off yesterday but the amp still had battery life (about 1.5 hours after the light went out the batteries died). Is that supposed to be the low battery warning? It turned back on with fresh batteries.
the LED will turn off when the batteries dip below 12v or about 6v per cell
and 13 hour battery life would indicate a battery capacity of about 190mah, which is probably average for cheap NiMH batteries but there are ones available with much higher capacity
Edited by justin w. - 6/25/13 at 3:14pm
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Roland Octa-Capture UA-1010 USB interface as a Headphone Amp....any... 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Nuprime IDA8, Krell kav400xi, Odyssey Khartago 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Onkyo ES-CTI300 Headphones - Inner Fidelity wall of fame member! 3 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 5 minutes ago
- › New HD 800 very different than the old HD 800 5 minutes ago
- › Welcome to the SchiitShow! 7 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › Back Again Asking For Yet Another Recommendation... 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3