How much battery life are you guys getting with NiMH? I cheaped out and am paying the price with crappy battery life.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread Last post on 7/26/13 at 5:32pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- [Recommendations] Is there such a thing as hiss less portable amp? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a portable DAC relatively the same size as the Pico Power to go with my portable... Last post on 2/3/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which portable amp for me? (ie 80 w/toxic & ipod classic 5) Last post on 12/17/13 at 2:59am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread - Page 11post #151 of 3536/24/13 at 12:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 3536/24/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
I got slightly over 30 hours with my Maximal 8.4 volt Li-ion batteries.post #153 of 3536/24/13 at 1:33pmpost #154 of 3536/24/13 at 3:11pmQuote:
Ouch... I'm getting roughly 20 hours with the 9.6V
I'll report back after I test a fresh charged pair.post #155 of 3536/24/13 at 4:54pmQuote:
You may have a bad battery. Which brand are you currently using right now?Quote:
Anything above 20 hours are plenty enough IMO.post #156 of 3536/25/13 at 12:40pm
Just order a black one now cant wait. Considering doing a RWAK100s mod has anyone tried this combo power & rwak100s? I know the mod is kinda new so im hoping someone here has tried this out already :)post #157 of 3536/25/13 at 12:45pmQuote:
Does Justin have the black in stock? I thought he only had the grey...
If so, I may order another one for a friend. The wait will be quite awhile, since a fresh batch just released last week, so be prepared for that.post #158 of 3536/25/13 at 12:50pmpost #159 of 3536/25/13 at 1:15pmpost #160 of 3536/25/13 at 1:18pmpost #161 of 3536/25/13 at 1:39pm
yes. i'm not advertising black in stock because there's not too many, so they'll sell anyway even with the advertised 4-6 weeks. no impulse buys that waypost #162 of 3536/25/13 at 1:54pmpost #163 of 3536/25/13 at 2:28pm
Okay so the battery actually lasts a lot longer than I thought, measured yesterday at around 13 hours. I think I wasn't charging the batteries correctly or something.
I also have a question, the red LED turned off yesterday but the amp still had battery life (about 1.5 hours after the light went out the batteries died). Is that supposed to be the low battery warning? It turned back on with fresh batteries.post #164 of 3536/25/13 at 3:13pm
the LED will turn off when the batteries dip below 12v or about 6v per cell
and 13 hour battery life would indicate a battery capacity of about 190mah, which is probably average for cheap NiMH batteries but there are ones available with much higher capacity
Edited by justin w. - 6/25/13 at 3:14pm
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 24 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Poll running and the micro iDSD... 34 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 52 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 52 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 3 minutes ago
- › IEMs, Earbuds and Headphones Clearout Sale 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › 12AU7,6922,ecc88 6dj8,6SN7,etc 4 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob