How much battery life are you guys getting with NiMH? I cheaped out and am paying the price with crappy battery life.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HeadAmp Pico Power: Pre-Order Thread Last post on 7/26/13 at 5:32pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Need help deciding on an amp ASAP!!! Last post on 10/4/13 at 1:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New lower prices on STAX headphones / amplifiers, and Whiplash cables Last post on 9/7/13 at 10:36pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- HeadAmp Audio Electronics now at HeadRoom Last post on 1/30/13 at 6:46pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread - Page 11post #151 of 3046/24/13 at 12:41pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 3046/24/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
I got slightly over 30 hours with my Maximal 8.4 volt Li-ion batteries.post #153 of 3046/24/13 at 1:33pmpost #154 of 3046/24/13 at 3:11pmQuote:
Ouch... I'm getting roughly 20 hours with the 9.6V
I'll report back after I test a fresh charged pair.post #155 of 3046/24/13 at 4:54pmQuote:
You may have a bad battery. Which brand are you currently using right now?Quote:
Anything above 20 hours are plenty enough IMO.post #156 of 3046/25/13 at 12:40pm
Just order a black one now cant wait. Considering doing a RWAK100s mod has anyone tried this combo power & rwak100s? I know the mod is kinda new so im hoping someone here has tried this out already :)post #157 of 3046/25/13 at 12:45pmQuote:
Does Justin have the black in stock? I thought he only had the grey...
If so, I may order another one for a friend. The wait will be quite awhile, since a fresh batch just released last week, so be prepared for that.post #158 of 3046/25/13 at 12:50pmpost #159 of 3046/25/13 at 1:15pmpost #160 of 3046/25/13 at 1:18pmpost #161 of 3046/25/13 at 1:39pm
yes. i'm not advertising black in stock because there's not too many, so they'll sell anyway even with the advertised 4-6 weeks. no impulse buys that waypost #162 of 3046/25/13 at 1:54pmpost #163 of 3046/25/13 at 2:28pm
Okay so the battery actually lasts a lot longer than I thought, measured yesterday at around 13 hours. I think I wasn't charging the batteries correctly or something.
I also have a question, the red LED turned off yesterday but the amp still had battery life (about 1.5 hours after the light went out the batteries died). Is that supposed to be the low battery warning? It turned back on with fresh batteries.post #164 of 3046/25/13 at 3:13pm
the LED will turn off when the batteries dip below 12v or about 6v per cell
and 13 hour battery life would indicate a battery capacity of about 190mah, which is probably average for cheap NiMH batteries but there are ones available with much higher capacity
Edited by justin w. - 6/25/13 at 3:14pm
- Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Head-Fi & Sennheiser USA Holiday Giveaway 20 seconds ago
- › Questions about the best solution for PC gaming and Music... 57 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › FitEar F111 IEMs 1 minute ago
- › CEntrance DACmini CX black MINT condition, original box and receipt 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Velour/Felt Pads for ATH-M50? 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 3 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe