Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread - Page 9

post #121 of 353

i posted in the sponsored thread that i have gray in stock right now

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #122 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanrocks321 View Post

Thanks guys Im pretty sure ill get this in a few weeks time now the hardest part is to get it in blue or black? I wonder one over the other shows fingerprints more or less, if anyone got any idea please let me know, hopefully it will help me make up my mind on color choice :/

FWIW, it comes with a black leather like slipcase. Mine has not left that case since it was new. 

post #123 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

i posted in the sponsored thread that i have gray in stock right now

Hi Justin

Please check my 2 PM
Please let me know when you can send my purple pico power
Thank you
post #124 of 353

how does the pico power compare with the old pico?

post #125 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmundtyw1 View Post

how does the pico power compare with the old pico?

I have both. It is a much fuller sound. Seems to have more bass emphasis, maybe due to extra driving power. Although I like the original Pico quite a bit, the Power is on a different level. I will say tough, with the HM801, I didn't like it with my current iems.
post #126 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post


I have both. It is a much fuller sound. Seems to have more bass emphasis, maybe due to extra driving power. Although I like the original Pico quite a bit, the Power is on a different level. I will say tough, with the HM801, I didn't like it with my current iems.

 

Does the PicoPower show up weakness of HM801 audio quality, or maybe just bad synergy?

post #127 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmundtyw1 View Post

how does the pico power compare with the old pico?

I also have both and the Power is a big step up from the Pico.  I completely agree with Dallan except I might describe the two somewhat differently.   To me, the Power seems to have a blacker background that lets more of the musical nuances through, and voices and instruments are much more natural because of it.  The Power also seems to be more dynamic - probably because of the greater power.

 

Low bass is also better detailed with more punch than the Pico.  It isn't over emphasized, the bass is simply there.  In comparison, the Pico has pretty muddled bass in the bottom octave.  

 

I use it with both my ES5 and LCD3.  With these, I greatly prefer the Power to the Pico.

post #128 of 353

Thanks guys, now i have to make my decision between the Pico Power or the Apex Glacier. Btw what is the output impedance of the Pico Power?

post #129 of 353

I haven't seen measurements, but all his other amps are specified at less than 1 ohm.  

post #130 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Rez View Post

I haven't seen measurements, but all his other amps are specified at less than 1 ohm.  
According to my knowledge, a well designed amp, especially portable ones, should have an output impedance less than 2 ohm. Anything surpass that safety line of 5 ohm is technically considered as a flaw.
post #131 of 353
Double post.
post #132 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHeadfi View Post

 

Does the PicoPower show up weakness of HM801 audio quality, or maybe just bad synergy?

No, it overwhelms the iem is seems.  JH13 just doesn't need double warm.  The 801 is warm and with the GAME amp made for iem's it is clear and smooth but with the Pico Power added, it just adds too much bass and it is an extra unneeded component as well in the audio stream.  The HM801 is actually very good with my iem.  On the other hand, with either the game amp or stock when playing the Edition 8LE (which is my primary portable), it seems to have uncontrolled bass and not quite enough where as adding the pico power the performance is wonderful.  

 

My primary setup right now is the CLAS dac to the Pico Power.  For the moment my favorite.  I have another dap on the way though so we will see what happens.  Probably see some of my portable stuff on the for sale in the next month, although I like all my setups, you can only listen to one at a time and i will end with four, and two amps.  Love the Pico but it will be going soon i am sure due to duplication.

post #133 of 353

I bought a used Pico Power from here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/667886/pico-power-purple

 

I made the payment on Jun. 13th and Matthew Simonetti (ILL-Audiophilac) confirmed he received the payment.  However, one week passed I did not receive the amp or tracking number that shows he shipped the amp. confused.gif

 

I believe this is a pre-order that Matt did last year and he just received this purple Pico Power from Justin couple weeks ago.  I hope Matt is doing OK.    If anyone here know Matt please let him know that if he needs more times to ship out the amp, I am totally fine with it.  Just want to make sure there is nothing bad happened to him.

post #134 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bu11dog View Post

I bought a used Pico Power from here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/667886/pico-power-purple

 

I made the payment on Jun. 13th and Matthew Simonetti (ILL-Audiophilac) confirmed he received the payment.  However, one week passed I did not receive the amp or tracking number that shows he shipped the amp. confused.gif

 

I believe this is a pre-order that Matt did last year and he just received this purple Pico Power from Justin couple weeks ago.  I hope Matt is doing OK.    If anyone here know Matt please let him know that if he needs more times to ship out the amp, I am totally fine with it.  Just want to make sure there is nothing bad happened to him.

 

Did you pay through PayPal? I hope you didn't use the Gift method...

post #135 of 353

Yes I did pay through Paypal and with CC.  I will not pay with gift option unless I had previous successful transaction with the seller.

 

I really like to believe that Matt (ILL-Audiophilac) simply just too busy to ship the amp because it is just couple hundred dollars.  

 

Well, I hope to hear from Matt soon if not then I need to contact Paypal and my credit card company to dispute the charge.  It is too bad, I was hoping to listen to Pico Power this weekend.  frown.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread