Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas - Page 48

post #706 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

Regarding the crackling issue, I determined it was actually the short cable after extensive testing.  This is the second short cable where there was an issue.
 

I guess there is no way around this other then getting a very high quality 30 pin patch cable like the one from VentureCraft or ADL.

 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_electronics?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=VentureCraft&node=172282

 

http://www.adl-av.com/products/cables/i-device/iD30_series/

 

Found some more:

 

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3

 

http://www.aloaudio.com/sxc-24-30-pin-to-usb-a

 

http://www.audioquest.com/digital-interconnects/ (0.7m and up)


Edited by DrSheep - 6/22/13 at 11:09am
post #707 of 1283
Anyone here using the Verza with the current iPod Touch (I think it's 5th gen, the one with lightning)?

I am curious how the combo works...

Also does the Metallo case for iPhone 5 work with the iPod touch, or is the size difference too great?
post #708 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Mango View Post

Anyone here using the Verza with the current iPod Touch (I think it's 5th gen, the one with lightning)?

I am curious how the combo works...

Also does the Metallo case for iPhone 5 work with the iPod touch, or is the size difference too great?

I would imagine it's too tall for the touch.  

post #709 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Mango View Post

Anyone here using the Verza with the current iPod Touch (I think it's 5th gen, the one with lightning)?

I am curious how the combo works...

Also does the Metallo case for iPhone 5 work with the iPod touch, or is the size difference too great?

Yes it works and I reviewed it here, but not for the case.

post #710 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Yes it works and I reviewed it here, but not for the case.


Didn't Val say around the Verza launch that he had a "surprise" for Ipod owners????

post #711 of 1283

Yes, but that was for the iPod classic and quite a while ago and still nothing.

post #712 of 1283
I am going to get either an iPod classic or touch (yes, yes hand in my audiophile card, get a real dap and all that), would be nice to get one that had a metallo case option...
post #713 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Mango View Post

I am going to get either an iPod classic or touch (yes, yes hand in my audiophile card, get a real dap and all that), would be nice to get one that had a metallo case option...

Val did mentioned he was working on something special for the classic a while ago, so we will have to wait and see.
post #714 of 1283

Verza owners.

 

is the volume bar visible when connected to an idevice?(ipod touch/iphone).

Thanks.

 

*photos welcome.

post #715 of 1283
I'm going to say no since it doesn't show up in a line out connection and the volume output of the iDevice is maximum per se. The volume control is only controlled through the external amplifier in this case.
post #716 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

Verza owners.

 

is the volume bar visible when connected to an idevice?(ipod touch/iphone).

Thanks.

 

*photos welcome.


I don't think these guys know what you mean, you should clarify as in is the volume bar greyed out and maxed (but still visible) or is it completely hidden.

post #717 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I'm going to say no since it doesn't show up in a line out connection and the volume output of the iDevice is maximum per se. The volume control is only controlled through the external amplifier in this case.

True but that's not quite right.  If you plug your headphones back into the iPhone/iPod jack, then you can still use the volume bar.  However, that will be totally pointless when you already have your VERZA attached.

post #718 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I'm going to say no since it doesn't show up in a line out connection and the volume output of the iDevice is maximum per se. The volume control is only controlled through the external amplifier in this case.
True but that's not quite right.  If you plug your headphones back into the iPhone/iPod jack, then you can still use the volume bar.  However, that will be totally pointless when you already have your VERZA attached.

Right, that's why I said for a line out option. Headphone out (double amping) is a different story.

This is what line out looks like: no volume control since the external amp controls it.

Edited by miceblue - 6/28/13 at 8:03pm
post #719 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

The picture above is of a idevice connected to a Verza via usb-lod?

(just to confirm).

 

Thanks.

post #720 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

The picture above is of a idevice connected to a Verza via usb-lod?

(just to confirm).

 

Thanks.

No it's just a regular line-out-dock to 3.5 mm miniplug cable, but it should look similar to that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas