Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas - Page 27

post #391 of 1292
I wish this came with a case. Surprised it didn't but then again these things are already pretty pricy.
post #392 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessomatt View Post

I wish this came with a case. Surprised it didn't but then again these things are already pretty pricy.

More or less, but I rather have a universal sliding/docking back plate so we can just stick whatever to it.

post #393 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrypt View Post

I'd think of the Verza specifically as something to use with my most portable sources and not my laptop setup. I'd use it on my train ride to Westchester every weekend and in transit, while dinking with a tablet in a coffee shop awaiting friends, in the corner with the light off when my grillfiend's sleeping, on planes when the intent is to save my laptop's battery, etc., etc.  The laptop rig's more for use in my hotel or friends' room:-- the place where I'm staying or specific musical destinations.

My grillfiend, her twin and I are talking about going to London in September.  If we make the trip, I'm not sure I want to subject my pro setup to the maze of zeal and inattention that is airport security -- not unless I'm sure I'll be spending days in a room by myself, and if that were the sitch, I doubt we'd be traveling together, h-m-m-m?


I do think I'll experiment with ( your gfs twin and your gf) and using the Verza as my O when playing back tracks and virtual instruments -- mostly because I'm curious about the sound differences between it and reference kit.  I've actually rough-mixed using TF-10s and then played the results on speaks just to see how misleading my fun IEMs proved to be.
post #394 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrypt View Post

 


I do think I'll experiment with using the Verza as my O when playing back tracks and virtual instruments -- mostly because I'm curious about the sound differences between it and reference kit.  I've actually rough-mixed using TF-10s and then played the results on speaks just to see how misleading my fun IEMs proved to be.

 

 

I've always thought when mixing it's good to hear it on as many systems as your ears are used to and have variety between those systems, I have some KRKs, my M-100s and some laptop speakers and I get pretty decent sound and consistency beyersmile.png

 

Quote:
 
My grillfiend, her twin and I are talking about going to London in September.  If we make the trip, I'm not sure I want to subject my pro setup to the maze of zeal and inattention that is airport security -- not unless I'm sure I'll be spending days in a room by myself, and if that were the sitch, I doubt we'd be traveling together, h-m-m-m?

 

Head-fi meetup at a local pub?

post #395 of 1292

About the headphone port opening on the Metallo Case for the iPhone 5, if you look closely at the interview engadget had with val (http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/13/v-moda-vamp-versa-headphone-amp-dac-metallo-case/), you can see around 8:12 that there is a headphone port opening.


Edited by darkxvx - 3/26/13 at 7:09pm
post #396 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxvx View Post

About the headphone port opening on the Metallo Case for the iPhone 5, if you look closely at the interview engadget had with val (http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/13/v-moda-vamp-versa-headphone-amp-dac-metallo-case/), you can see around 8:12 that there is a headphone port opening.

Good eye! I only watched the Head-Fi video.

That Engadget video is leagues more informative than the Head-Fi one.... T_T

 

VERZA does come with a screen protector.


Edited by miceblue - 3/26/13 at 7:21pm
post #397 of 1292

The metallic case sliding mechanism is cool but it only applied to certain mobile device. It's not universal applicable to all devices. You still need rubber bands to merry the devices together. 

101 bucks for a metallic case??!!! pretty steep for me!

post #398 of 1292

Other similar aluminum cases on the market are around the same price range.  Not saying you won't find one cheaper, so please, no examples necessary.  You cannot really compare this to a $30 silicone case though.  For a product like this coming from a company that is not in the case business, the price isn't ridiculous.  It is a little high though.  

post #399 of 1292

I'm with DrSheep.  Would love a universal plate. I have a decent incase for my iPhone 4 and this would be great.  For me, the aluminum will get dented and scratched with use, so I'd rather destroy lesser cases.

post #400 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcginni View Post

I'm with DrSheep.  Would love a universal plate. I have a decent incase for my iPhone 4 and this would be great.  For me, the aluminum will get dented and scratched with use, so I'd rather destroy lesser cases.

Thanks.

 

Off topic: the absolute best plastic and leather cases I found were SGP's, and they makes the best screen protectors too.  Check them out.

 

http://www.spigen.com/

post #401 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfki View Post

The metallic case sliding mechanism is cool but it only applied to certain mobile device. It's not universal applicable to all devices. You still need rubber bands to merry the devices together. 

101 bucks for a metallic case??!!! pretty steep for me!

Sure a hundred is a bit steep, but when most people op to buy a couple of crap cases over the device's life time, the savings is apparent.  My draw is full of cases I wish I haven't bought...

post #402 of 1292

OMG, V-MODA just refunded all $600 on my VERZA!!!

post #403 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

OMG, V-MODA just refunded all $600 on my VERZA!!!

 

What happened?

post #404 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

 

What happened?

The VAMP/VERZA upgrade deal :).  But since I already have my VERZA before hand, I guess they want to make life easier and refund it all.


Edited by DrSheep - 3/27/13 at 2:25pm
post #405 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

The VAMP/VERZA upgrade deal smily_headphones1.gif.  But since I already have my VERZA before hand, I guess they want to make life easier and refund it all.
So you bought a VAMP and got a free VERZA? You sure it wasn't a mistake?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas