Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas - Page 80

post #1186 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

So I got a Verza the other day and went to use it today for the first time. I've had the thing plugged in damn near all day and it still says it's charging. The little red/orange light on the side is lit up as if it's charging but it never goes green.

Any ideas? Followed the instructions in the user manual and nothing.

Maybe you're already doing this, but I had problems charging because of this:  

 

Make sure that the iAmp / USB-DAC toggle switch is in the DOWN (USB-DAC) position when you are charging it, even if you are using it with an Apple device.  When you're finished charging and want to use it, move the switch up to the iAmp position.

post #1187 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppu08 View Post

Will be waiting on the results...
Connected Verza headphone out to C5 input jack and it works. BUT...doing it this way is double amping the signal. So you get the sound of the C5 influenced by the Verza amp section.

Taken separately, the C5 with iPod Classic and Fiio L9 slightly tighter and deeper bass and very slightly forward mids vs. the Vamp Verza with IPod Classic and V-MODA 30 pin - USB Connector. The Vamp Verza sounds closer to neutral vs. C5, but that could be because the iPod line out is warmer than the Verza DAC.
post #1188 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1000 View Post

Connected Verza headphone out to C5 input jack and it works. BUT...doing it this way is double amping the signal. So you get the sound of the C5 influenced by the Verza amp section.

Taken separately, the C5 with iPod Classic and Fiio L9 slightly tighter and deeper bass and very slightly forward mids vs. the Vamp Verza with IPod Classic and V-MODA 30 pin - USB Connector. The Vamp Verza sounds closer to neutral vs. C5, but that could be because the iPod line out is warmer than the Verza DAC.

Thanks for the feedback mate! But will you prefer the sound of the c5 + verza dac or just the verza?
post #1189 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1000 View Post
The Vamp Verza sounds closer to neutral vs. C5, but that could be because the iPod line out is warmer than the Verza DAC.

 

I hear this a lot and I think it's one reason I like the Verza. None of the low end is lost, but the mids and highs seem to come out more, the vocals aren't quite as buried from the iPhone. It really turns them into as close to perfect (for my tastes) as imaginable.

post #1190 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

I hear this a lot and I think it's one reason I like the Verza. None of the low end is lost, but the mids and highs seem to come out more, the vocals aren't quite as buried from the iPhone. It really turns them into as close to perfect (for my tastes) as imaginable.

 

I agree with you.  I prefer the sound of the Verza over my C5D because it brings the voices a bit closer to me on the M100s.  The slight recession of the voices was my main gripe with the M100 out of the iPod/iPad in general, and the Verza fixes that.  It's a fantastic product tho, I still am not sure it's worth twice as much (or more) than the C5D I own as well.

post #1191 of 1283
@dbdynsty25 did you ever get the green light on your Verza? How many hours did you charge it?

When the C5D came out I almost got it, but after researching compatability and connections with my Apple iPod, iPhone, iPad and MacBook, I decided on going with MFi and got the Verza.
post #1192 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1000 View Post

@dbdynsty25 did you ever get the green light on your Verza? How many hours did you charge it?

When the C5D came out I almost got it, but after researching compatability and connections with my Apple iPod, iPhone, iPad and MacBook, I decided on going with MFi and got the Verza.

 

Yes.  I have no idea how long it took, but it was a LONG time.  I went to the gym, watched some TV with the wife and by the time I went back to my office, it was green.  So not sure really.  The C5D is perfect for the iOS devices with the Camera Connection Kit, but then you're using two cables (CCK and USB) to connect instead of the MFi cable direct to the Verza...so yeah, I suppose it's more convenient.  :)

post #1193 of 1283

I really can't wait for my Metallo case to come in, haha. I love the Verza so much I just want to carry it with me always. I have yet to need it over 50% volume, and that's awesome to me. I love having overhead. 

post #1194 of 1283

Well one thing I learned tonight while using the Verza w/ my iPad Mini...don't charge while playing.  Goodness that just ate through battery.  A nice hour or so and it was dead.  Brutal.

post #1195 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
 

Well one thing I learned tonight while using the Verza w/ my iPad Mini...don't charge while playing.  Goodness that just ate through battery.  A nice hour or so and it was dead.  Brutal.

 

LOL oh man. Yeah, the iPad is gonna yank the charge hard. I never use it as an external battery and frankly I wish they hadn't added that feature.

post #1196 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

 

LOL oh man. Yeah, the iPad is gonna yank the charge hard. I never use it as an external battery and frankly I wish they hadn't added that feature.


Actually the one plus side of that is that I don't have to carry around a Mophie power pack anymore.  I had one of those in case of emergency when I travel, but now as long as I have my Verza...I've got a little bit of power.  So it's got it's advantages.  However, it shouldn't be that easy to set it to "charge" mode either.  Those toggles are much too easy to move.

post #1197 of 1283

Can I use any generic ipod cable instead of the provided one? is the provided one special in any way apart from its length?

 

On the very first listening, it seems like an insecure connection. The provided cable's connectors are stretched and in a weird angle, and touching them has a direct effect on the sound. Would any generic 5$ cable work just as well?

post #1198 of 1283
I've used generic iPod cables and they work. Even the original Apple one was fine & not loose.
post #1199 of 1283

Thanks, I just got home and am using a generic one and it seems to work just fine.

 

I really wonder why would V-Moda include that worthless cable, it's such a well-crafted product that deserves a proper cable.

post #1200 of 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by intlsubband View Post
 

Thanks, I just got home and am using a generic one and it seems to work just fine.

 

I really wonder why would V-Moda include that worthless cable, it's such a well-crafted product that deserves a proper cable.

I agree.  The included cable kept on having connection problems and the cable that came with my iPod is too long.  Thankfully Dr. Sheep sold me his Venture Craft cable.  It's a very high quality cable and has never let me down.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas