Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas - Page 71

post #1051 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy Ears View Post
 

Uh oh...  I think my Verza just crapped out on me.  When I connect it to my 6th gen Nano the VAMP toggle blinks a couple times and then goes dead.  I've tried the iAMP and USB DAC mode and I've also restored my Nano to factory settings and have tried switching cables but with the same outcome; blink blink dead.  It still works with my Macbook Pro though.  

 

Anyone got any ideas on how to troubleshoot this or is it going to have to go back to V-Moda?  Thanks!

 

Mine typically works after resetting my phone, and then flipping into charge more on the Versa(with your iPhone/iPod connected), then back to iAmp, or whatever DAC mode you use.  

post #1052 of 1292

I've had a few of those quirky issues myself.  I've also been able to get going again with some random resets and switch flipping.  

post #1053 of 1292

It only has connection problems with me when it needs charging so charge it. Lol

post #1054 of 1292
Hmmm... Has me totally confounded. I've flipping so many switches and switching so many switches! Wanted to take it with this weekend but since it wasn't working I decided let it rest over the weekend. Will see if things improve when I get back.
post #1055 of 1292

so i was looking at the Vamp for the iPhone 4....

 

why would you get that one 1) if you sell your iPhone 4 this amp/dac becomes useless and 2) you could get the verza, which is the same thing (right?) and can be used with anything. so when you do switch phones this device doesn't become null and void...

 

 

unless i am missing something 

post #1056 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvins View Post
 

so i was looking at the Vamp for the iPhone 4....

 

why would you get that one 1) if you sell your iPhone 4 this amp/dac becomes useless and 2) you could get the verza, which is the same thing (right?) and can be used with anything. so when you do switch phones this device doesn't become null and void...

 

 

unless i am missing something 


I own both.  Vamp fits with the Iphone 4/4S like no other phone/amp/DAC combo.  You are correct that the second you upgrade to the Iphone 5, Vamp is obsolete.  When I use my Verza with Iphone 4, I have a case with duo-lock tape that attaches to Verza.  In the future, when I upgrade to the next Iphone, I plan to purchase the Metallo case and pair with Verza.  Verza is superior to the original Vamp in terms of design, listening volume (despite similar power ratings, Verza drives headphones to higher volume) and has a bass boost.  For these reasons, plus the fact that I don't think Vamp is any longer in production, I would say go with Verza.

post #1057 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 


I own both.  Vamp fits with the Iphone 4/4S like no other phone/amp/DAC combo.  You are correct that the second you upgrade to the Iphone 5, Vamp is obsolete.  When I use my Verza with Iphone 4, I have a case with duo-lock tape that attaches to Verza.  In the future, when I upgrade to the next Iphone, I plan to purchase the Metallo case and pair with Verza.  Verza is superior to the original Vamp in terms of design, listening volume (despite similar power ratings, Verza drives headphones to higher volume) and has a bass boost.  For these reasons, plus the fact that I don't think Vamp is any longer in production, I would say go with Verza.

I would agree.  One caveat though, if you think you might purchase a Samsung GS4, be aware that the Versa will not work with it.  Because of this, you have to consider that the Versa may not work with other future Android phones as well.  If you are going to stick with iPhones though, you should be good to go for a while.

post #1058 of 1292

oh yeah i would love to drop like 600 bucks on something that may or may not work on my future devices

post #1059 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvins View Post
 

oh yeah i would love to drop like 600 bucks on something that may or may not work on my future devices

Like I said, if you stick with iPhone's you should be fine.  If you plan on going with Android you will always have this problem.   

post #1060 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBa View Post
 

I'm wondering if you have tested the Galaxy S4 using USB Audio Recorder PRO connected to the Verza via a USB OTG cable.

 

If it doesn't work, please inform the developer of USB Audio Recorder PRO. He could fix the issue.

 

I find it odd that no one has answered this post.  You'd think that someone would be interested in testing USB Audio Recorder Pro with the S4 to see whether it works with the Verza, but perhaps this idea was explored earlier in the thread.

 

Interestingly, the Chinese V-Moda site seems to suggest specifically that USB Audio Recorder PRO does not work with the S4, though there's no discussion of whether V-Moda tried working with the developer to "fix the issue."

 

The site also claims, however, that the Verza works with the HTC One, which many people on this thread have stated it does not.

 

Here's a translation of the page:

 

Quote:
 We found that in the recently introduced to the market Samsung Galaxy S4 (Hong Kong version) does not directly support our products VAMP VERZA.

 

The reason is ANDROID is an open system, all mobile phone brands in the individual models have individual specifications. For example Samsung S4 is temporarily unable to support VERZA, but S3 and Note 2 has been shown to directly support VERZA.

 

Our engineers are testing what can make Galaxy S4 can directly support VAMP VERZA, because S4 is included in the specification USB HOST function. But to find a solution before, use other proven ANDROID device, or Apple devices, Windows and Mac computers.

 

The following is directly compatible VERZA device (just to name some proven)

 

. Sony Xperia Z (smartphone)

. HTC One - New 2013 version (smartphone)

. Samsung Galaxy Note II (smartphone)

. Samsung Galaxy S III (smartphone)

. Archos G9 (tablet)

. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (tablet)

 

Moreover, part ANDROID device is available in Google Play Store installed called USB AUDIO RECORDER PRO's APPS program to open USB AUDIO, so devices can VERZA compatible.

 

USB Audio Recorder PRO online link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderpro&hl=zh_TW

 

The following is a need to install the USB Audio Recorder PRO is a device (just to name some proven):

 

. Acer Iconia Tab A200 using USB Audio Recorder PRO (tablet)

. Acer Iconia Tab A500 using USB Audio Recorder PRO (tablet)

. Asus Transformer Pad TF300 using USB Audio Recorder PRO (tablet)

. Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 using USB Audio Recorder PRO (tablet)

. Asus Transformer Prime using USB Audio Recorder PRO (tablet)

. Google Galaxy Nexus using USB Audio Recorder PRO (smartphone)

. Google Nexus 7 using USB Audio Recorder PRO (tablet)

. Huawei MediaPad using USB Audio Recorder PRO (tablet)

. Meizu MX Quad-Core using USB Audio Recorder PRO (smartphone)

. Motorola Xoom using USB Audio Recorder PRO (tablet)

. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 using USB Audio Recorder PRO (tablet)

. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 using USB Audio Recorder PRO (tablet)

. Sony Xperia S using USB Audio Recorder PRO (smartphone)

. Sony Xperia Tablet S using USB Audio Recorder PRO (tablet)

 

USB Audio Recorder PRO online link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderpro&hl=zh_TW

 

Here's the URL for the Chinese V-Moda site:

 

http://www.v-moda-china.com/xw_view.asp?id=69&yylb=

 

I also found this comment on XDA (where DanBa asked the same question):

 

Quote:
 Tried with audio pro, it does not work too. S4 shv300S 8 core exynos latest 4.2.2 updated last week in Seoul.

Edited by scrypt - 11/5/13 at 10:37am
post #1061 of 1292
My only guess is that there aren't many VERZA S4 users there. I'll be testing my next phone to be sure it works with the VERZA before I buy it. I might even go back to iPhone but I guess it's a wait and see situation.
post #1062 of 1292

What cables have you used to connect the iPod to the VERZA?  I'm still getting cracking noises on the VERZA playing back ALAC files with either the short cable (the one that came with the VERZA) and the long cable (the one that came with the iPod).  Cracking noises only appear when playing back ALAC files through the VERZA.  When I plug my headphones directly to the iPod I do not get any cracking.

post #1063 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy Ears View Post
 

What cables have you used to connect the iPod to the VERZA?  I'm still getting cracking noises on the VERZA playing back ALAC files with either the short cable (the one that came with the VERZA) and the long cable (the one that came with the iPod).  Cracking noises only appear when playing back ALAC files through the VERZA.  When I plug my headphones directly to the iPod I do not get any cracking.

I had this issue a few months ago.  It was driving me crazy.  Believe it or not, it turned out to be an issue with my Iphone.  I tried multiple cables with the same problem.  The crackling disappeared when I replaced the phone.  

post #1064 of 1292

Oh!  That's all it takes! :blink:

post #1065 of 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy Ears View Post
 

Oh!  That's all it takes! :blink:

Don't shoot the messenger :wink_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas