If you choose the K550, buy them at amazon spain. They're only 154 euro which is about 199 us dollars.
- productAKG K 550tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productAllen & Heath XONE:XD-53 Professional Monitoring Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productYamaha PRO 500tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help (IDM/Ambient, Closed Back, Somewhat Portable,~300 budget) Last post on 1/9/13 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Where do I go from here? Last post on 3/30/13 at 11:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I hve been a lurker for a while....hoping to learn more Last post on 12/21/12 at 12:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Best can for up to $300 ? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1483/13/13 at 12:30pmpost #48 of 1483/13/13 at 12:37pm
What about DT-1350. Tyll seemed to like them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYtnXOFAkQ
It sounds like they'd be great for your travel needs.
Razordog has them on eBay for a decent price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-DT-1350-On-Ear-Closed-Back-Studio-Headphone-SAVE-BIG-/310622333407?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D6220609930912497836%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D330887976650%26
For open cans, I don't think there's a better bargain than Q701......outstanding band for buck. They easily hang with more expensive cans.
Edited by Grado77 - 3/13/13 at 12:51pmpost #49 of 1483/13/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
He wants a headphone with noise isolation and without noise leakage. Definitely doesn't fit his bill.post #50 of 1483/13/13 at 12:47pmpost #51 of 1483/13/13 at 12:53pmThread StarterQuote:
Yeah I have seriously considerd those and as much as I would like to buy an open can I am just not sure it will be the best for what im using them for. I would have to see a video or test them out b4 I bought them to see how much sound they leaked and how much sound they take in. I really like how those look though, probably my favorite. I will be using these headphones on planes, car rides and at home for the most part. I am looking for the best sound quality, comfort and durability first. I am not to worried about portability because I think I could make any headphone work on a plane or in a car.post #52 of 1483/13/13 at 12:57pmThread Starter
I am starting to lean away from the DT880s because of them being semi-open, I think any outside noise would get annoying while your listening to music. I am still considering the DT770s as an option but I really like the Sony MDR-1Rs, sounds like the best option so far along with the K550s.post #53 of 1483/13/13 at 3:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheReem
rolled up and rubber band cable. On my head on the go out into my bag when I want. Really why I said perfect portable is because they are as durable as the m100, but actually sound better. They don't make your ears sweat, they are more comfy then most. They are lightweight not to big strong cable also. They may not be as small as the many smaller phones people class as portable but find me a headphone that sounds as good, doesn't make you sweat and is light and durable with a tough cord that can take a beating.
Well hopefully these MDR 1Rs that I ordered sounds as good, because in all other areas, it either beats or is equal to.
Also, and I hate to say it, but a tiny bit sound quality is and IMO should be sacrificed for the sake of convenience and portability. It's great that you think they're good for portable use. I'll compare my experiences when I get my 1Rs.post #54 of 1483/13/13 at 3:15pm
Yes the DT880 has a bit more isolation than a completely open headphone but really doesn't block out much outside noise at all. I had a noisy computer for a while for example and could still hear it when I had the DT880s on my head.post #55 of 1483/13/13 at 3:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by classics
I am starting to lean away from the DT880s because of them being semi-open, I think any outside noise would get annoying while your listening to music. I am still considering the DT770s as an option but I really like the Sony MDR-1Rs, sounds like the best option so far along with the K550s.
I've heard a lot of bad things about the K550s' seal, but nothing bad about sound quality (except for just personal preferences and things like that). I'll be getting the 1rs soon so ill post impressions. I have the DT770s too so ill compare.
You should consider:
UE6000s (just maybe)
A900x (if your willing to mod them)
AKG K167/267post #56 of 1483/13/13 at 3:28pmpost #57 of 1483/13/13 at 3:32pmQuote:
One thing you didn't mention is the fact that you NEED in amp with the Mad Dogs, you don't necessarily need an amp for any of those other headphones.post #58 of 1483/13/13 at 3:36pm
"need" might be arguable. But you make a good point, they do take a step down without an amp.
Aslo, DT1350s are very nice and isolate very well, but there has been an issue with variations of sound between models. And they prefer an amp as well.
Edited by robm321 - 3/13/13 at 3:38pmpost #59 of 1483/13/13 at 3:46pmQuote:
I've been hearing so many great things about the mad dogs. I don't even know what they look like and don't seem them on amazon. Are they like some modded pair of cans?post #60 of 1483/13/13 at 3:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Trunks159Quote:
I've been hearing so many great things about the mad dogs. I don't even know what they look like and don't seem them on amazon. Are they like some modded pair of cans?
- Best can for up to $300 ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 41 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 2 minutes ago
- › Requesting your input on M3U playlist support for X3, X5 2 minutes ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman He-400 vs Sennheiser hd600 vs Fidelio x1 4 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)