If you choose the K550, buy them at amazon spain. They're only 154 euro which is about 199 us dollars.
- productAKG K 550tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productAllen & Heath XONE:XD-53 Professional Monitoring Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productYamaha PRO 500tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help (IDM/Ambient, Closed Back, Somewhat Portable,~300 budget) Last post on 1/9/13 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Where do I go from here? Last post on 3/30/13 at 11:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I hve been a lurker for a while....hoping to learn more Last post on 12/21/12 at 12:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
Best can for up to $300 ? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1483/13/13 at 12:30pmpost #48 of 1483/13/13 at 12:37pm
What about DT-1350. Tyll seemed to like them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYtnXOFAkQ
It sounds like they'd be great for your travel needs.
Razordog has them on eBay for a decent price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-DT-1350-On-Ear-Closed-Back-Studio-Headphone-SAVE-BIG-/310622333407?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D6220609930912497836%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D330887976650%26
For open cans, I don't think there's a better bargain than Q701......outstanding band for buck. They easily hang with more expensive cans.
Edited by Grado77 - 3/13/13 at 12:51pmpost #49 of 1483/13/13 at 12:40pmQuote:
He wants a headphone with noise isolation and without noise leakage. Definitely doesn't fit his bill.post #50 of 1483/13/13 at 12:47pmpost #51 of 1483/13/13 at 12:53pmThread StarterQuote:
Yeah I have seriously considerd those and as much as I would like to buy an open can I am just not sure it will be the best for what im using them for. I would have to see a video or test them out b4 I bought them to see how much sound they leaked and how much sound they take in. I really like how those look though, probably my favorite. I will be using these headphones on planes, car rides and at home for the most part. I am looking for the best sound quality, comfort and durability first. I am not to worried about portability because I think I could make any headphone work on a plane or in a car.post #52 of 1483/13/13 at 12:57pmThread Starter
I am starting to lean away from the DT880s because of them being semi-open, I think any outside noise would get annoying while your listening to music. I am still considering the DT770s as an option but I really like the Sony MDR-1Rs, sounds like the best option so far along with the K550s.post #53 of 1483/13/13 at 3:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheReem
rolled up and rubber band cable. On my head on the go out into my bag when I want. Really why I said perfect portable is because they are as durable as the m100, but actually sound better. They don't make your ears sweat, they are more comfy then most. They are lightweight not to big strong cable also. They may not be as small as the many smaller phones people class as portable but find me a headphone that sounds as good, doesn't make you sweat and is light and durable with a tough cord that can take a beating.
Well hopefully these MDR 1Rs that I ordered sounds as good, because in all other areas, it either beats or is equal to.
Also, and I hate to say it, but a tiny bit sound quality is and IMO should be sacrificed for the sake of convenience and portability. It's great that you think they're good for portable use. I'll compare my experiences when I get my 1Rs.post #54 of 1483/13/13 at 3:15pm
Yes the DT880 has a bit more isolation than a completely open headphone but really doesn't block out much outside noise at all. I had a noisy computer for a while for example and could still hear it when I had the DT880s on my head.post #55 of 1483/13/13 at 3:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by classics
I am starting to lean away from the DT880s because of them being semi-open, I think any outside noise would get annoying while your listening to music. I am still considering the DT770s as an option but I really like the Sony MDR-1Rs, sounds like the best option so far along with the K550s.
I've heard a lot of bad things about the K550s' seal, but nothing bad about sound quality (except for just personal preferences and things like that). I'll be getting the 1rs soon so ill post impressions. I have the DT770s too so ill compare.
You should consider:
UE6000s (just maybe)
A900x (if your willing to mod them)
AKG K167/267post #56 of 1483/13/13 at 3:28pmpost #57 of 1483/13/13 at 3:32pmQuote:
One thing you didn't mention is the fact that you NEED in amp with the Mad Dogs, you don't necessarily need an amp for any of those other headphones.post #58 of 1483/13/13 at 3:36pm
"need" might be arguable. But you make a good point, they do take a step down without an amp.
Aslo, DT1350s are very nice and isolate very well, but there has been an issue with variations of sound between models. And they prefer an amp as well.
Edited by robm321 - 3/13/13 at 3:38pmpost #59 of 1483/13/13 at 3:46pmQuote:
I've been hearing so many great things about the mad dogs. I don't even know what they look like and don't seem them on amazon. Are they like some modded pair of cans?post #60 of 1483/13/13 at 3:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Trunks159Quote:
I've been hearing so many great things about the mad dogs. I don't even know what they look like and don't seem them on amazon. Are they like some modded pair of cans?
- Best can for up to $300 ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › ALO RX original 1 minute ago
- › JH 16 VS JH 13 HELP~~ 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › Lampizator 5B + KGBH + SR-009 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob