I personally find a light pair of Grado's the comfiest, even more so than ad700 or ad900x. Currently using some custom magnums.
- productAKG Q701Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Advice required Last post on 11/19/12 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Headphones For Metal Last post on 12/24/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 1335/16/13 at 11:25ampost #48 of 1335/16/13 at 11:34amQuote:
Max I can keep on a iem or a headphone is 30min without having to readjust or rest.post #49 of 1335/16/13 at 11:40ampost #50 of 1335/16/13 at 12:13pmpost #51 of 1335/16/13 at 4:44pmpost #52 of 1335/16/13 at 4:51pmpost #53 of 1335/16/13 at 5:14pm
Yeah about extra 50 - 80grams on the back end of the transducer itself. Removed wool felt, dampened sides, replaced wire, pattern port modded the opening strips revealing the back end of the planar driver, dampened grill using something I've learnt from building speakers in the past to reduce the resonance from the backwaves of the inside. I do plan on opening up the driver itself but have since reading Tyll doing something similar to his Hifiman's he borked the driver's, so I'm a bit afraid to have something similar happening. Other than that, my LCD2's sound fairly unique and different compared to stock and the rev.2's.post #54 of 1335/17/13 at 11:04pmDT880's, T1's, ATH-1000's - all day long as long as it's not over 35 degrees celcius as otherwise they just get too sweaty and uncomfortable. LCD-2 are a different matter though, for me at least they just start to dig in a little bit after a while and I've got to give them a break after 90 mins or so.post #55 of 1335/17/13 at 11:49pm
Some headphones I own, or owned, over the past year...
Beyer T1s - hours and hours
AKG Q702 - hours and hours
Sennheiser 518 - 1.5 hr max...became overheated and sweaty
Grado SR80 - hours and hours
Grado PS500 - 4-6hr
Grado GS1k - hours and hours
JVC Nanotubes - 4-6hr
Beyer 1350 - 2-3hr, but it's totally worth it!
Any IEMs - 2hr max
The T1s are just like plush, high end comfort on my ears...I always choose them at home for long sessions.post #56 of 1335/18/13 at 10:18ampost #57 of 1335/18/13 at 12:18pm
Beyers all day long. Grados maybe an hour or two, but the longer I wear them the more breathers I need to take and eventually my ears just hurt. IEMs are the most comfortable for me. I can wear them for long as I want without any discomfort.post #58 of 1335/18/13 at 2:50pmpost #59 of 1335/19/13 at 1:34pmpost #60 of 1335/19/13 at 4:49pm
If I couldn't wear them all day I wouldn't own them. I can wear my Grado SR225i and my Sennheiser HD-650 for as long as I care to listen to music I also have an old pair of HD580's I use from time to time and even though they are in need of some new ear pads, they are still very comfortable.
- How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Would Like To Try Some Tube 8 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 28 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 31 seconds ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 53 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Which is your Audeze Desert Island Headphone: LCD-3 or LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Need advice choosing full size set of over ear headphones. I... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › New Setup --> Grado GM-1000i vs. GMP 450 Pro & which portable DAC?? 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi