I personally find a light pair of Grado's the comfiest, even more so than ad700 or ad900x. Currently using some custom magnums.
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Advice required Last post on 11/19/12 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Headphones For Metal Last post on 12/24/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Max I can keep on a iem or a headphone is 30min without having to readjust or rest.
Yeah about extra 50 - 80grams on the back end of the transducer itself. Removed wool felt, dampened sides, replaced wire, pattern port modded the opening strips revealing the back end of the planar driver, dampened grill using something I've learnt from building speakers in the past to reduce the resonance from the backwaves of the inside. I do plan on opening up the driver itself but have since reading Tyll doing something similar to his Hifiman's he borked the driver's, so I'm a bit afraid to have something similar happening. Other than that, my LCD2's sound fairly unique and different compared to stock and the rev.2's.
Some headphones I own, or owned, over the past year...
Beyer T1s - hours and hours
AKG Q702 - hours and hours
Sennheiser 518 - 1.5 hr max...became overheated and sweaty
Grado SR80 - hours and hours
Grado PS500 - 4-6hr
Grado GS1k - hours and hours
JVC Nanotubes - 4-6hr
Beyer 1350 - 2-3hr, but it's totally worth it!
Any IEMs - 2hr max
The T1s are just like plush, high end comfort on my ears...I always choose them at home for long sessions.
Beyers all day long. Grados maybe an hour or two, but the longer I wear them the more breathers I need to take and eventually my ears just hurt. IEMs are the most comfortable for me. I can wear them for long as I want without any discomfort.
If I couldn't wear them all day I wouldn't own them. I can wear my Grado SR225i and my Sennheiser HD-650 for as long as I care to listen to music I also have an old pair of HD580's I use from time to time and even though they are in need of some new ear pads, they are still very comfortable.
- How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 20 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 37 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 2 minutes ago
- › B.M.C. Announces PureDAC 3 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › Grado GS-1000(i) ALO SXC-recabled + woodenbox + ALO Lariat 3,5mm to... 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)