I personally find a light pair of Grado's the comfiest, even more so than ad700 or ad900x. Currently using some custom magnums.
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Advice required Last post on 11/19/12 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good Headphones For Metal Last post on 12/24/12 at 11:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Max I can keep on a iem or a headphone is 30min without having to readjust or rest.
Yeah about extra 50 - 80grams on the back end of the transducer itself. Removed wool felt, dampened sides, replaced wire, pattern port modded the opening strips revealing the back end of the planar driver, dampened grill using something I've learnt from building speakers in the past to reduce the resonance from the backwaves of the inside. I do plan on opening up the driver itself but have since reading Tyll doing something similar to his Hifiman's he borked the driver's, so I'm a bit afraid to have something similar happening. Other than that, my LCD2's sound fairly unique and different compared to stock and the rev.2's.
Some headphones I own, or owned, over the past year...
Beyer T1s - hours and hours
AKG Q702 - hours and hours
Sennheiser 518 - 1.5 hr max...became overheated and sweaty
Grado SR80 - hours and hours
Grado PS500 - 4-6hr
Grado GS1k - hours and hours
JVC Nanotubes - 4-6hr
Beyer 1350 - 2-3hr, but it's totally worth it!
Any IEMs - 2hr max
The T1s are just like plush, high end comfort on my ears...I always choose them at home for long sessions.
Beyers all day long. Grados maybe an hour or two, but the longer I wear them the more breathers I need to take and eventually my ears just hurt. IEMs are the most comfortable for me. I can wear them for long as I want without any discomfort.
If I couldn't wear them all day I wouldn't own them. I can wear my Grado SR225i and my Sennheiser HD-650 for as long as I care to listen to music I also have an old pair of HD580's I use from time to time and even though they are in need of some new ear pads, they are still very comfortable.
- How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Can Con 4.5 - Western Sydney Fi-Fest! 6 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 15 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd Digital Interface 16 seconds ago
- › UE 6000/AKG K545/Denon AH-D600 16 seconds ago
- › FS : Ultrasone Edition 9 21 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 56 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Good portable amplifier for Audio Technica ATH-M50? 2 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)