I personally find a light pair of Grado's the comfiest, even more so than ad700 or ad900x. Currently using some custom magnums.
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productStax SR-Lambda (Λ)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productYuin Pk1 Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Advice required Last post on 11/19/12 at 7:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Max I can keep on a iem or a headphone is 30min without having to readjust or rest.
Yeah about extra 50 - 80grams on the back end of the transducer itself. Removed wool felt, dampened sides, replaced wire, pattern port modded the opening strips revealing the back end of the planar driver, dampened grill using something I've learnt from building speakers in the past to reduce the resonance from the backwaves of the inside. I do plan on opening up the driver itself but have since reading Tyll doing something similar to his Hifiman's he borked the driver's, so I'm a bit afraid to have something similar happening. Other than that, my LCD2's sound fairly unique and different compared to stock and the rev.2's.
Some headphones I own, or owned, over the past year...
Beyer T1s - hours and hours
AKG Q702 - hours and hours
Sennheiser 518 - 1.5 hr max...became overheated and sweaty
Grado SR80 - hours and hours
Grado PS500 - 4-6hr
Grado GS1k - hours and hours
JVC Nanotubes - 4-6hr
Beyer 1350 - 2-3hr, but it's totally worth it!
Any IEMs - 2hr max
The T1s are just like plush, high end comfort on my ears...I always choose them at home for long sessions.
Beyers all day long. Grados maybe an hour or two, but the longer I wear them the more breathers I need to take and eventually my ears just hurt. IEMs are the most comfortable for me. I can wear them for long as I want without any discomfort.
If I couldn't wear them all day I wouldn't own them. I can wear my Grado SR225i and my Sennheiser HD-650 for as long as I care to listen to music I also have an old pair of HD580's I use from time to time and even though they are in need of some new ear pads, they are still very comfortable.
- How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 35 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › "Best" song for demonstrating the Grado sound... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed back headphones and DAP for music listening and... 8 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2