Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Anyone with experience buying used BHSE or LL? Better to wait for new LL2 instead?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone with experience buying used BHSE or LL? Better to wait for new LL2 instead?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

I'm ready to buy, but not sure how long I should wait for a used one before giving up and ordering a new one (and wait months to have it built).  How often do you see one in the FS forum?  For those of you with the LL, do you think it's worth going straight to the LL2 instead?  I don't mind waiting 2 months for a LL2, but not sure I can wait 4-5 months for a new BHSE.

 

Thanks.

post #2 of 7

Used LL/BHSE don't come up very frequently on the FS subforum. I've seen one BHSE in the past 6 months, I think one or two LL as well. You can do an advanced search in the FS section by recency to see what pops up.

Reply
post #3 of 7

better order a new ones than waiting for used to pop up in the FS forum. Chances are the lead time of BHSE will be shorter. Not to count voltage differences, etc.

post #4 of 7

Can't say for the LL but if you look in the classifieds at ended listings there have actually been a few BHSE's up for sale; not sure if they sold immediately, the sellers backed out, or actually closed deals.  I couldn't tell you what effect the secondary market has on pricing but I'm interested in this subject as well!  If you read the BHSE thread it seems clear that there are more being produced and in people's homes so naturally there could be more popping up for sale.


I personally would bet on finding a used one faster than waiting for a new one; the better question is would it be worth it if the price is barely less than a new one and what if the color/volume knob aren't what you want etc.  I believe asr's took a while to sell from its second owner because of the price, a small dent on the heatsink, and stepped attenuator rather than the rk50 upgrade.  Then again different people have different buying requirements than I.  For now I am focusing on getting a 009 first and determining where I want to go from there.  At least the 009 I feel is realistically obtainable within a reasonable time frame.


Edited by Mr.Sneis - 3/12/13 at 3:31pm
post #5 of 7

You'd better decide soon...LL 2 preorders just opened. :D

 

IIRC current BHSE wait time is still pretty brutal. If a used one pops up at a good price that's something to think about, but when it comes to LL2 (which would be my choice) I have a feeling if you snooze, you're going to lose.

post #6 of 7

Preorder one of them and if you see one pop up on the used forum you can always cancel your preorder.

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rdling View Post

Preorder one of them and if you see one pop up on the used forum you can always cancel your preorder.

 

Yeah, that occurred to me too.  Honestly, I had been hesitant to use this option as it seemed a little disingenuous to start the ordering process knowing that I could back out, especially when it's a small business in the best sense of the word. I recognize that things happen in one's life and there are legitimate reasons for canceling a preorder, but I'm not so sure waiting for a used one to come along is one of them.  'Dunno - feels like cheating, I guess (albeit I'm sure that's more dramatic than I intend).  Anyway, long story short, I just put down the deposit for a BHSE and am committing to buy it whether or not a used one shows up.  Now I just have to wait 4-6 months...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Anyone with experience buying used BHSE or LL? Better to wait for new LL2 instead?