Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread - Page 17

post #241 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by makavelie View Post
 

Hi guys!

 

I just got my VC1000 earphones! They sounds absolutely amazing after the initial time of burn in. I just got one huge problem with this earphones. They can't reproduce fairly wide range of bass. Some songs are just plain noise at a high volume level. :(

 

Now I am looking for the ultimate solution. The crystal clear high and mid range that VC 1000 easily brings, and clear, textured bass. Rather detailed bass than heavy bass.

Before I got this earphones I couldn't imagine what I really would like to hear. After I heard this, everything became so clear :)

 

So, do you think Sennheiser's ie80 would bring all the above mentioned, or do you have a better and cheaper competitor?

sony xba-3 or xba-30 fantastic iem


Edited by stimer - 10/9/13 at 6:15pm

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #242 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by makavelie View Post
 

Hi guys!

 

I just got my VC1000 earphones! They sounds absolutely amazing after the initial time of burn in. I just got one huge problem with this earphones. They can't reproduce fairly wide range of bass. Some songs are just plain noise at a high volume level. :(

 

Now I am looking for the ultimate solution. The crystal clear high and mid range that VC 1000 easily brings, and clear, textured bass. Rather detailed bass than heavy bass.

Before I got this earphones I couldn't imagine what I really would like to hear. After I heard this, everything became so clear :)

 

So, do you think Sennheiser's ie80 would bring all the above mentioned, or do you have a better and cheaper competitor?

 

Heir 3Ai, Westone3, or Dunu DN-1000

post #243 of 286

Okay, thank you. So you say westone3 is better in overall performance than ie80? (not counting the personal preferences)

post #244 of 286

It's funny..I got the some problem you guys had with the vc 1000's. Sudden drop in volume . One time it is just the right, other time the left, and once both. It's strange because I had this problem now 3-4 times since I got them, but every time it recovered after 1 hour. (These errors as I noticed always happened in cold windy weather, 10-12 C° and under)

 

I made my mind to send it back to ebay seller bigbargainonline but now I just realized how much I liked this two :))

Now I don't want any other earphone, just these in a much reliable edition.

 

For the hesitant. This is truly a great BA iem, with surprisingly good bass response, clear mids and highs. Only the sub bass is missing,  in some house music it could be annoying over a volume level. I think only IEMs with dynamic drivers can reproduce clear, rich sounds under 100 Hz in the 0-300 $ price range. But there will be something else which compromises.


Edited by makavelie - 10/16/13 at 4:00pm
post #245 of 286

Tiny comment (no comparative) IE8 VS VC1000:

What can I say?

VC1000 are fantastic. Mine keep working after using them no more than 1 and 1/2 half hour per day and after 3 weeks having them. I will keep praying to not have any problem with them. The only problem that I see now with the VC1000 is that I forgot that the volume is to loud and I play music , I feel that the sound is distorted with loud volume meanwhile the IE8 works better on this aspect. But do not worry because who want to get deaf listening music too loud.

One important think about the IE8 is that my think was that the day after received the VC1000 I would sell them. I even have all the accessories and boxes of the IE8 after 2 years but, ....  I think I still will keep them for now. I am listening the IE8 now and what I can say is that they are still good mainly with electronic music, drum and bass, dumb step etc......

I will keep them because I do not trust on the VC1000 100% but maybe is the only reason. Because on my opinion the VC1000 are simply good to have them as the only earphone for everything,  but you know,  just in case Ill keep the IE8.

Also I use to listen music and switch the vc1000 and the IE8 and what I can say is that joker is making a excellent job  and very precise comparative on his chart because the 8.9 points of the IE8 vs the 9.2 of the VC1000 are quite precise.

Right now I am listening the IE8 with the original foam bugs and I am not feeling the need of switching to the VC1000, but I suppose that  I will switch to the VC1000 on a couple of minutes.

post #246 of 286

Yeah, this distortion at high volume is very annoying sometimes. But maybe it's good for preserving my ears.. I will set a lower value at the preamp bar in Poweramp.

 

I always thought that IE8 has a very different sound signature because of the different technology. It's bass heavy right? So I think it's a matter of preference in sound signature and genres. 

post #247 of 286

Definitely VC1000 and IE8 do not sound equal. Long time ago I read that the sound of the IE8 is like synthetic or plastic and I agree with the word plastic  but, this not means that the sound is bad. When I am listening the VC1000 and switch to the ie8 I feel that plastic sound of the IE8 vs the clear and bright of the VC1000. For lucky that sensation of plastic sound on the IE8 disappear 20 seconds after listening them.

The distorted sound of the VC1000 with loud volume (quite loud) is something for sure, but who tolerate sounds with so high volume :)? 

Hearing lost because loud noise is a real problem that start naturally after the 21 years old I think but accelerated because the ambient noises etc etc etc.

Yes the IE8 are HEAVY bass.

I have several photos downloaded of the web of the inside the IE8 and definitely are not made like the BA of the VC1000.


Edited by ninofm - 10/23/13 at 2:07pm
post #248 of 286

Is there anyone else who wants to share his opinions about these IEMs? They seem to be good but they are still not that popular on the Internet.

And... I'm interested in these but I like lively sparkle so I would be glad if someone would tell me how much they are revealing in the highs.

post #249 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexodon View Post
 

Is there anyone else who wants to share his opinions about these IEMs? They seem to be good but they are still not that popular on the Internet.

And... I'm interested in these but I like lively sparkle so I would be glad if someone would tell me how much they are revealing in the highs.

 

How's this - I like it better than the legendary GR07 itself :wink_face:

 

Signature is a little different, but VC1000 is super comfortable and seals much much better, if you fly a lot, you will appreciate this, I can never take my GR07 to use when I fly

post #250 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post
 

 

How's this - I like it better than the legendary GR07 itself :wink_face:

 

Signature is a little different, but VC1000 is super comfortable and seals much much better, if you fly a lot, you will appreciate this, I can never take my GR07 to use when I fly

 

Do you like it more because of its comfort and isolation or because of its sound?

post #251 of 286
Isolation and comfort are superb. The thing i will miss the most is that i could use it to fall asleep because it's like they arent even in your ears.
post #252 of 286
Same headache here. As I'm contemplating between GR07 BE or the VC1000 to complement ASG2..
post #253 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexodon View Post
 

 

Do you like it more because of its comfort and isolation or because of its sound?

 

Both sound absolutely superb, VC1000 fits and seals much better...

post #254 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post
 

 

Both sound absolutely superb, VC1000 fits and seals much better...

 

But which one sounds better? Is the low end that lighter on the VC1000 or between them there is just a really small difference?

post #255 of 286

Low end GR07 wins by considerable margin, much better, and GR07 also wins on the soundstage, one of the disadvantage is that sibilance is presence, some people who are sensitive can really get annoyed, it will improve overtime through brain and mechanical burn in

 

VC1000 wins on the mids and treble

 

These 2 complement each other, IMHO these 2 are VSONIC's best IEM's by far

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread